Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to learn how to cheat, but my first issue is "how do you load the ram menu" once the game is loaded?
ATM, I can't get to this screen.
If this is the wrong place to ask, link to proper forum section?

Did you install Tesla-Menu and Edizon-SE with nx-ovlloader?

Here is a write up to get it installed (Note I linked to the TomVita versions of the software…READ the Wiki for TomVita and WerWolv versions…lots of good info in there)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey everyone,
I have just installed 13.2.1 atmosphere looking for how to install cheats and the best way to do it.
anyone have a guide?

Thanks

see note above I sent to gukingofheart above about Tesla and Edizon memory training.

If you just want to install and manage cheats, install Breeze.

HelloShitty

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hi.
I'm still trying to catch up with all this Atmosphere, Hekate, Sig Patches and Tinfoil stuff but I'm not yet comfortable with the sequence of how things should go. Is there any guide that tells us, like step-by-step thing, on how to prepare files from Atmosphere, Hekate, Sig Patches and Tinfoil so that, after the modchip is istalled (in an OLED), we can read and follown the steps to make it all work smoothly?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.
I'm still trying to catch up with all this Atmosphere, Hekate, Sig Patches and Tinfoil stuff but I'm not yet comfortable with the sequence of how things should go. Is there any guide that tells us, like step-by-step thing, on how to prepare files from Atmosphere, Hekate, Sig Patches and Tinfoil so that, after the modchip is istalled (in an OLED), we can read and follown the steps to make it all work smoothly?
To be quite honest, preparing the files just involves putting them on the SD card. If not for the fact that you had an OLED Switch, I wouldn't necessarily recommend a guide. But modchipped consoles have extra steps to follow that unpatched consoles do not. While I couldn't find an OLED guide on GBATemp, its similar enough to patched consoles that the steps will be the same. You can try following this guide; just pretend that you're console is a Mariko unit.

Reactions: HelloShitty

TheMuffinsAvenger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, Switch noob here! I have a quick question, if anyone has an answer. I'm translating a game on Switch and I have most of the files accessible. The text and unity3d are all working great.

But there is one last piece I am missing. There is one section of text that I can't. It's text that leads to some of the ui and some hard coded values. But I'm not sure where else to find them. Since this is a remaster of the PSP version I was working on, I'm pretty sure they are in the boot file. Is there an elf (or whatever the equivalent is for switch) that I may be able to access to find these missing pieces?

ICUDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Regardless of how low the risk, you should do backups of anything you’ll miss before making changes.

https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSV
Thanks a ton for the game saves back up link. Before I start because I am upgrading from below ver 1 both Atmosphere and Hekate say I should delete specific files. Would it work if I deleted (after a backup) the Atmosphere, Switch, and Bootloader folders and the homebrew.nro file and then installed the new AMS and Hekate versions. Then launch with the new Fussee bin? I also plan on making a backup of the game saves, the sd card, do a nand backup, and key dump. Did I miss anything? Thanks again for all the help.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a ton for the game saves back up link. Before I start because I am upgrading from below ver 1 both Atmosphere and Hekate say I should delete specific files. Would it work if I deleted (after a backup) the Atmosphere, Switch, and Bootloader folders and the homebrew.nro file and then installed the new AMS and Hekate versions. Then launch with the new Fussee bin? I also plan on making a backup of the game saves, the sd card, do a nand backup, and key dump. Did I miss anything? Thanks again for all the help.
If you’re nervous, just move them, atmosphere->amosphere.bk, switch->switch.bk, bootloader->bootloader.bk, sept->sept.bk, You get the idea.
Now you’re starting from scratch (and can copy things over from the old directories as needed such as /atmosphere/contents/* or switch/*.)

If things go absolutely south you can delete the new directories yiu just made and reverse the naming of your .bk directories and your right back where you started.

If thing go great…wait a few days of playing to be sure and then delete all the .bk directories To reclaim the space.

(I personally have 2 same size sd cards that I mirror about once a month so if anything happens I only lose 30 days worth. Before an upgrade I do a full backup…then again I’m a bit paranoid.)

bottom line: yes, you’re doing it right. Backup and then delete away!

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: ICUDude

xnegx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
sorry for my english, it's in progress.

I have a switch with SX OS 3.1.0 unlocking with emunand, in firmware version 10.2

I saw that you now have firmware version 13 and that there is no more update for SX OS..

What would be the best option for me right now?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for my english, it's in progress.

I have a switch with SX OS 3.1.0 unlocking with emunand, in firmware version 10.2

I saw that you now have firmware version 13 and that there is no more update for SX OS..

What would be the best option for me right now?

Best option is to migrate to Atmosphere.

This will get you started:

https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Migration page is here: https://rentry.org/mys8q

(there are complicated ways to dual boot SXOS on 11.0.0 and Atmosphere on 13.2.1 but unless you absolutely must have XCI mounting on USB, just install your games on Atmosphere and enjoy a simple life.)

Reactions: xnegx

xnegx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Reactions: binkinator

spiroid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks , i will to migrate to Atmosphere
I did it a few days ago and I learned a lot in the process :)

I would recommend doing the installation on a 2nd sdcard on an emuMMC.
It has the very nice benefit of keeping all your current sxos related env in case you missed something. (copying saved games states, configuration files, ..etc)

If you want to keep your sxos dongle to inject the payload, you could also use an online tool to convert the hekate / fusee payload to the required boot.dat file. (don't have the rights to post the link here ^^)

Have fun ;)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did it a few days ago and I learned a lot in the process :)

I would recommend doing the installation on a 2nd sdcard on an emuMMC.
It has the very nice benefit of keeping all your current sxos related env in case you missed something. (copying saved games states, configuration files, ..etc)

If you want to keep your sxos dongle to inject the payload, you could also use an online tool to convert the hekate / fusee payload to the required boot.dat file. (don't have the rights to post the link here ^^)

Have fun ;)

https://sx-boot-dat-creator.herokuapp.com/

this the one you mean?

Reactions: spiroid

Gep_Etto

Being late since '88
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
can anyone tell me the difference between tinfoil.nro and tinfoil.nsp besides the file ext.?
.nro is an extension used by homebrew software (that shows up in hbmenu), and .nsp is used by "official" games (that show up in your home screen and in "All Games"). In Tinfoil's case, the .nro file is just something that installs the .nsp app, and can be deleted once it's served its purpose.

Tinfoil is a bit problematic. I recommend using TinWoo or DBI instead. They're lightweight and get the job done.

Rostodon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a v1 Switch running Atmosphere on an emuNAND partition. If I had a modded OLED Switch, what would be the steps to migrate the partition over to the new model?

Wondering if I would need to start fresh on a new SD card, or if I could use any of the backup/restore functionality in Hekate between different models.

Thanks!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a v1 Switch running Atmosphere on an emuNAND partition. If I had a modded OLED Switch, what would be the steps to migrate the partition over to the new model?

Wondering if I would need to start fresh on a new SD card, or if I could use any of the backup/restore functionality in Hekate between different models.

Thanks!
Use Hekate to dump and restore the partition-based emuMMC.

Reactions: Rostodon

1B51004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just double checking to make sure, since I am still new to the switch modding scene.

Recently got a unpatched switch with an ok, unpatched serial code. It's most recent firmware update is 13.0.0. Is it ok for modding or did I get scammed?

ICUDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A bit confused. I am ready to update AMS and Hekate on a v1 switch I modded a year and a half ago. About the firmware update. I remember I did the mod and it worked great on sysMMC CFW. I then tried to create a emuMMC but it did not work so I formatted and modded again with sysMMC CFW. I checked the sd and it is all one volume. I don't connect it to the internet at all. So now I need to update the firmware from 10.2.0 to 13.2.1 but all I can find is how to update the emuMMC. Is there an offline way to update the sysMMC / sysMMC CFW? Thanks for the help.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just double checking to make sure, since I am still new to the switch modding scene.

Recently got a unpatched switch with an ok, unpatched serial code. It's most recent firmware update is 13.0.0. Is it ok for modding or did I get scammed?

nope…you got a good one. Congratulations 🍾 🎉 🎈

Start here: https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Reactions: 1B51004

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit confused. I am ready to update AMS and Hekate on a v1 switch I modded a year and a half ago. About the firmware update. I remember I did the mod and it worked great on sysMMC CFW. I then tried to create a emuMMC but it did not work so I formatted and modded again with sysMMC CFW. I checked the sd and it is all one volume. I don't connect it to the internet at all. So now I need to update the firmware from 10.2.0 to 13.2.1 but all I can find is how to update the emuMMC. Is there an offline way to update the sysMMC / sysMMC CFW? Thanks for the help.

If your sysnand is clean you can just go online and update it like normal.

if you’re worried it’s not clean you can update it using Daybreak. Daybreak.nro is part of the Atmosphere bundle.
(You can find FW by searching for “dark sternie firmware”)

There’s no need to upgrade your Sysnand if you don’t want to though. You can just upgrade your emunand. They don’t have to match.

Let hekate do all your partitioning for you…

https://rentry.co/SwitchHackingIsEasy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse