Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

steel52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the recomendation. I should have went with the text guide.
the vid is from 2 weeks ago. I already started and just completed the nand back up. It seems pretty straight forward from the vid but still just wondering what the sept folder which i don't have is for. Will it stop me from being able to do anything that you are aware of?

steel52

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the recommendation unfortunately I'm already mid process. The vid is from 2 weeks ago. Latest I could find.
Anyhow, anyone know if anything will happen with not having the sept folder on the card? What exactly is sept folder for? Any way to find it online and install after jailbreak is complete?

Bogroleum

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I've been using a hacked Switch for over a year now with no problems but now when I inject the payload Atmosphere crashes saying 'Error Desc: std::abort() called (0xffe)'

Anybody know how to fix this? Thanks.

Tackskull

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Guys, after I updated the original firmware, any time I run tinfoil crashes instantly and an error message appear. I tried to download the latest installer, so I deleted tinfoil and reinstalled again.... But now even the installer crash...... All the games works fine

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's best to use awoo or tinwoo for atmosphere and also is there a way to come out of applet mode pressed r doesn't work
TinWoo is the updated version of Awoo Installer. Also, are you holding R over a game/title? You don't hold R on the Album because the Album is already an Applet.
Thanks for the recommendation unfortunately I'm already mid process. The vid is from 2 weeks ago. Latest I could find.
Anyhow, anyone know if anything will happen with not having the sept folder on the card? What exactly is sept folder for? Any way to find it online and install after jailbreak is complete?
See this is the exact reason why you should NEVER EVER follow YouTube video guides; they are always outdated. The sept folder has been removed from Atmosphere which would have been mentioned in any text-based guide such as the one that was suggested to you. I still highly advise you to click off of the YouTube video and follow the guide you were linked to earlier. Also, it is not a "jailbreak". The only devices that are jailbroken are iPhones and the PS3. The technical term is "hack".
Hello, I've been using a hacked Switch for over a year now with no problems but now when I inject the payload Atmosphere crashes saying 'Error Desc: std::abort() called (0xffe)'

Anybody know how to fix this? Thanks.
Try running the Archive Bit fix from Hekate.
Guys, after I updated the original firmware, any time I run tinfoil crashes instantly and an error message appear. I tried to download the latest installer, so I deleted tinfoil and reinstalled again.... But now even the installer crash...... All the games works fine
I highly recommend using TinWoo Installer instead. Its what I personally use and I have never ever run into any issues when using it.

Reactions: D4M28

D4M28

Trophies
XP
Country
TinWoo is the updated version of Awoo Installer. Also, are you holding R over a game/title? You don't hold R on the Album because the Album is already an Applet.

See this is the exact reason why you should NEVER EVER follow YouTube video guides; they are always outdated. The sept folder has been removed from Atmosphere which would have been mentioned in any text-based guide such as the one that was suggested to you. I still highly advise you to click off of the YouTube video and follow the guide you were linked to earlier. Also, it is not a "jailbreak". The only devices that are jailbroken are iPhones and the PS3. The technical term is "hack".

Try running the Archive Bit fix from Hekate.

I highly recommend using TinWoo Installer instead. Its what I personally use and I have never ever run into any issues when using it.
Thanks drax it works now I was trying to do it albums thank you for your help

Reactions: Draxzelex

Iorkca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey all i'm hoping you folks can help me, i had come across a program i can't remember the name of but it was a post here on the forums about a save file edititor that allowed you to take your switch save and convert it for pc use and vice versa. Example i have monster hunter stories 2 on switch and on pc and i'd love to have my save from the switch since i'm way further, does anyone know the name of this program off hand and could direct me to it.

Thanks for any help

Iorkca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i have one more question, After i followed the recommended guide found here and did everything 100% i could not run any of my own games every game gave error checking if can be played and i could not find a way to fix it. Also when trying to run something like even tinfoil i would get error do a system update but it would let me in but sometimes it would crash. So does anyone have any advice, i spent hours getting this up and running just to have it not work kinda sucked. Should i have been able to play my owned games or should i have only been using games i dunped and installed with tinfoil ?

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So i have one more question, After i followed the recommended guide found here and did everything 100% i could not run any of my own games every game gave error checking if can be played and i could not find a way to fix it. Also when trying to run something like even tinfoil i would get error do a system update but it would let me in but sometimes it would crash. So does anyone have any advice, i spent hours getting this up and running just to have it not work kinda sucked. Should i have been able to play my owned games or should i have only been using games i dunped and installed with tinfoil ?
sigpatches

HeartFullaNapalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Like the person above me said, you need to copy the sigpatches to your SD (or you could use the "All-in-One Switch Updater" app from HamletDuFromage, which has an "Update sigpatches" option that downloads the latest sigpatches to your SD card for you).

However, after doing that a few times, I was still encountering similar issues to you, where I could not install NSPs or even Tinfoil. I was ready to give up, but I searched for the error a final time and found the solution on Reddit: after pressing "launch" on Hekate, the guide I used told me to then press "CFW (sysMMC)", but to install NSPs or Tinfoil, you actually have to choose the option "Fusee" in the Hekate launch menu.

Last edited by HeartFullaNapalm,

CSun

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello.

I've decided recently to update everything necessary on my Switch, since I haven't done so in months. Atmosphere, Hekate, ini corrections (as my Atmo was below 1.0), sigpatches, everything went fine. I booted into emuMMC and downloaded 13.0 firmware through AIO, then was prompted to update it upon launching a game. So I did.

However, after the update the console booted into sysMMC instead. I went into Hecate and discovered that in didn't detect the emuMMC partition anymore. There was nothing in the list of RAW partitions. Upon checking the SD card it appeared that the emummc folder was totally empty. The only signs of it even existing were the lack of free space (hinting that the partition is still there) and the available option to "Fix RAW" in the emuMMC migration section - although upon pressing it it just proclaimed that the configuration has been saved to the SD card.

Unsure how to proceed here. Is this emuMMC a lost cause and I should just wipe? Any input would be appreciated.

Iorkca

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Like the person above me said, you need to copy the sigpatches to your SD (or you could use the "All-in-One Switch Updater" app from HamletDuFromage, which has an "Update sigpatches" option that downloads the latest sigpatches to your SD card for you).

However, after doing that a few times, I was still encountering similar issues to you, where I could not install NSPs or even Tinfoil. I was ready to give up, but I searched for the error a final time and found the solution on Reddit: after pressing "launch" on Hekate, the guide I used told me to then press "CFW (sysMMC)", but to install NSPs or Tinfoil, you actually have to choose the option "Fusee" in the Hekate launch menu.
Thank you ill take a look, im not sure if i have the fusee option or not

Reactions: HeartFullaNapalm

D4M28

Trophies
XP
Country
Heya everyone im in a bit of pickle I am now on ams which is alot faster at startup and stuff. but then when I use retroarch I use the old cores for mame the 1.7.8 but some reason they do not even open they close any ideas

HeartFullaNapalm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you ill take a look, im not sure if i have the fusee option or not
You're welcome! I'm new to this as well (hacked my launch Switch last week after getting the OLED model).

I followed the guide linked in the first post of this thread (as a new member of this forum I do not have privileges to post links, but it's the one hyperlinked to the phrase "here you go") on a launch model switch that was already on firmware 13. If you followed a different guide or had a newer Switch, perhaps your setup will be different to mine. If it is, then I'm afraid I will be of little use if you have any other issues with it!

kheldar

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, I read that mariko region is supported now on Atmosphere but I couldn't find a guide for that. Could you point me to it?

mypetfrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not touched my switch in ages, the last SXOS os installed.

Want to get stuck into Metroid Dread now and other newer games but not sure how to progress as I know it'll mean moving to Atmosphere.

One worry though is that I have tons of .xci's on SD card which I know won't work on Atmosphere.

So is best option to just completely remove SXOS emunand and install Atmosphere, updating to latest firmware as I go?
Or somehow setup Atmosphere and dual boot into either that or the SXOS emunand i setup already?

Also, can I just install all the XCI's with atmosphere onto a new SD card alongside all the sigpatches?

Little unsure of how best to proceed to best future proof things.

thx

Light9384

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I have a black screen after booting into atmosphere... I get the first two logos, but the Nintendo switch logo doesn't appear. I have the most recent stable version as of today (hekate 5.6.3/atmosphere 1.1.1). Not sure what to do.

Haven't touched my switch in a long time. Used to be on SX OS as well.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

I've decided recently to update everything necessary on my Switch, since I haven't done so in months. Atmosphere, Hekate, ini corrections (as my Atmo was below 1.0), sigpatches, everything went fine. I booted into emuMMC and downloaded 13.0 firmware through AIO, then was prompted to update it upon launching a game. So I did.

However, after the update the console booted into sysMMC instead. I went into Hecate and discovered that in didn't detect the emuMMC partition anymore. There was nothing in the list of RAW partitions. Upon checking the SD card it appeared that the emummc folder was totally empty. The only signs of it even existing were the lack of free space (hinting that the partition is still there) and the available option to "Fix RAW" in the emuMMC migration section - although upon pressing it it just proclaimed that the configuration has been saved to the SD card.

Unsure how to proceed here. Is this emuMMC a lost cause and I should just wipe? Any input would be appreciated.
Post your hekate_ipl.ini file
Heya everyone im in a bit of pickle I am now on ams which is alot faster at startup and stuff. but then when I use retroarch I use the old cores for mame the 1.7.8 but some reason they do not even open they close any ideas
How do launch the homebrew menu?
Hello, I read that mariko region is supported now on Atmosphere but I couldn't find a guide for that. Could you point me to it?
While Atmosphere now supports Mariko units, you still need a way to launch Atmosphere which is currently only via the modchip. If you manage to find one, purchase it, and solder it into your console, the procedure is the same as any other installation.
Hi, noob question, but do I burn any fuses by updating my OFW via Daybreak?
Technically, the answer depends. Fuses are burnt by the console's stock bootloader when it detects a firmware higher than the current fuse count. Think of it as burning the fuses when the console turns on normally which is when the stock bootloader is used. This is why the console always reboots when finishing a system update; so it can burn new fuses. However we have payloads that can act like bootloaders circumventing this check allowing us to update without burning fuses. The problem is guaranteeing that we can use our own custom bootloaders. Luckily we have AutoRCM which prevents the console from being able to use its stock bootloader. Unfortunately, updating the console normally even with AutoRCM enabled removes AutoRCM since its part of BOOT0 which gets updated during firmware updates. This is why there are certain homebrew applications that enable AutoRCM after the system update to prevent fuses from being burnt.

So to answer your question, fuses are only not burnt if you have AutoRCM enabled after a system update. You have to make sure that Daybreak enables AutoRCM after the system update otherwise your fuses will be burnt. You also have to make sure AutoRCM stays enabled because the second you disable it, your fuses will be burnt the next time you power on the console normally.
Not touched my switch in ages, the last SXOS os installed.

Want to get stuck into Metroid Dread now and other newer games but not sure how to progress as I know it'll mean moving to Atmosphere.

One worry though is that I have tons of .xci's on SD card which I know won't work on Atmosphere.

So is best option to just completely remove SXOS emunand and install Atmosphere, updating to latest firmware as I go?
Or somehow setup Atmosphere and dual boot into either that or the SXOS emunand i setup already?

Also, can I just install all the XCI's with atmosphere onto a new SD card alongside all the sigpatches?

Little unsure of how best to proceed to best future proof things.

thx
Both are actually valid options. While most people feel the need to switch to Atmosphere, technically, you can keep using SX OS as long as it stays on a firmware of 11.0 or lower. Whichever option is best depends on your setup and if you think keeping SX OS is worth it. Just keep in mind that eventually all games coming out will require a firmware higher than 11.0. And to answer your last question, yes you can just install all of the .XCI files with Atmosphere granted you have the appropriate FS/Loader patches.
Hello,
I have a black screen after booting into atmosphere... I get the first two logos, but the Nintendo switch logo doesn't appear. I have the most recent stable version as of today (hekate 5.6.3/atmosphere 1.1.1). Not sure what to do.

Haven't touched my switch in a long time. Used to be on SX OS as well.
How is your SD card formatted? Are you getting a black screen trying to launch emuMMC or sysMMC? Did you follow any migration guides? Do you use fusee or Hekate to boot Atmosphere?

Reactions: Light9384

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all