Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which switches can be done cfw on it? is it those models?
or the next ones with improved battery that came after the lauch?

Technically, all Switch models can have CFW. However any consoles that are patched, Mariko, Switch Lite, or OLED require a modchip to be soldered inside to run CFW. Unpatched consoles can be hacked with a USB cable and anything conductive like a paperclip.
Does partition based emunand operates objectively faster than file based on Atmosphere 1.1.1/FW 13 for Erista?
They are about the same speed but partition-based emuMMC may be insignificantly faster than file-based emuMMC.

Reactions: ILeo

Raiden8816

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So noob question here, just modded my launch V1 switch on Sunday. Enjoying a Japanese Yugioh game via Tinfoil. However, after I'm done playing said game it always bugs me for software updates for the games. FWIW, I did change the DNS for my home network to the ones supplied on a guide I followed. Can I just press download update while connected to my home network with the DNS change or do I have to find updates via Tinfoil only?

ILeo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So noob question here, just modded my launch V1 switch on Sunday. Enjoying a Japanese Yugioh game via Tinfoil. However, after I'm done playing said game it always bugs me for software updates for the games. FWIW, I did change the DNS for my home network to the ones supplied on a guide I followed. Can I just press download update while connected to my home network with the DNS change or do I have to find updates via Tinfoil only?
out of topic question but was it hard to cfw your switch?

DoobyDude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

SXOS user here and not needed to update my Switch in over a year, came on here to find an old post I made to remind myself of the steps to update and found that it's been abandoned and won't recieve any more updates to support later than firmware 11.0.0. Lovely Jubbley!

After a little reading it seemed that having both SXOS and Atmosphere was the way to go and I replied to another thread where a user did the same asking if they could provide a little more info and/or links etc.

However after another 45mins or so of reading it seems that the only reason to keep SXOS now is that it can mount and play XCI files without needing to install them - something I have never done or found the need to do. Please correct me if I'm wrong there?

I usually use a USB device to install games when docked, though I have also done it via PC transferring NSP to the sd card and installing from there when my USB drive wasn't available.

What would be the best route for me to go here?
I'm now thinking that as I don't use the XCI loading at all then I'd be better to completely remove SXOS and just use Atmosphere going forward?

Do I need to restore the Switch to stock and "start again" as it were?
If so, what's the best way to do that?

Information on my current setup which may help:
  • Switch is an XAJ4 serial model and 100% unpatched (Erista?)
  • I need to use RCM via PC my if the Switch ever loses power (TegraRcmGUI).
  • SXOS emuNAND on 10.0.2.
  • sysNAND I think is 6.0.1 - can't check right now (can confirm later if important).
  • I did a full NAND backup when I installed SXOS the first time.
    It's a clean 6.0.1 backup containing: eMMC RAW Full NAND, Boot0/1, eMMC SYS, eMMC USER.
  • I also have: HWI, SBK, TSEC Key, Device Key, BIS Keys 0/1/2/3 (crypt/tweak) as well as Prod Keys in both text+bin format and a tsec_keys.bin file.
  • Switch is offline only, never been online and not intending to / not bothered.
  • Switch is not banned.
  • I don't need to keep any game saves or user data.
I found this guide which goes through migrating from SXOS to Atmosphere but I'm not sure if it still applies if the best option is to go back to stock and just have Atmosphere.

I don't need anything special, just to be able to install games from USB and easily update the firmware as required for newer releases. Also read about sigpatches needing to be manually installed - any info on that will be helpful as never had to do that before.
Do they need to be installed per game or per update?

Any advice appreciated, just want to try and understand things a little better before I do anything which may cause a brick or other issues down the road.

Apologies for the long post, wanted to get as much info as possible in to make it easier for people to help me out.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by DoobyDude,

Delkla

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Where can I see the region of a game I installed from an nsp?

Is there a way to install an update that's from a different region? When I tried, it just added a non-functional second game entry in my list without updating the game.

MegaDeox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I have SX core, Erista, firmware 11.
I followed the guide "How to migrate from SXOS to Atmosphere", and did that.
Now when I power the switch on, I see Hekate v5.6.3. Even when powering with vol+.
In launch, I only have atmosphere, and it's 1.1.1.
Seems like games work.

I want to make sure: can I now use Daybreak to upgrade to firmware 13? Is SX OS completely gone at this point (other than my backup on my PC)?

Last edited by MegaDeox,

darky2003

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Belgium
Just hacked my switch yesterday, worked fine, but now it says “a fatal error has occurred. Press power to reboot the system.
Invalid GPT Signature
Did this ~5 times yesterday, worked fine. Can still boot into Hekate and stock.
Help?
EDIT: if it helps, one partition is 170gb FAT32 and other (for emunand) is 70gb unformatted. using emummc, sysmmc works perfect.
Did you get it working, switched from sxos to atmosphere but also keep having the same problem!
can't find any solution online

Can someone help?!

otaconn23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emuMMC 12.0.0 AMS 1.1.1 E can't seem to launch homebrew with "title takeover". holding R (shoulder) then pressing A doesn't do the trick. what am I doing wrong?

ZazenNoir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys, I’m so glad there is a noob paradise here.
I have a noob question.

I play on a switch V1 13.0.0 with the last version of atmosphere (1.1 I think?).
On a micro SD formated in ExFAT.

I just bought a switch Oled.

basically, I would like to transfer the game saves from the hacked switch to the Oled.
I paid for my games, so I can play them on the Oled no problem. But I can’t connect the switch V1 to the internet Without risking a ban.
To my knowledge I can’t clean the V1 without losing my saves.

Any ideas?

Last edited by ZazenNoir,

eeeoooo

Trophies
XP
Country
South Africa
What is the current best way to play Animal Crossing New Leaf on the Switch? I have atmosphere but I'm happy to install any OS if they work better

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

SXOS user here and not needed to update my Switch in over a year, came on here to find an old post I made to remind myself of the steps to update and found that it's been abandoned and won't recieve any more updates to support later than firmware 11.0.0. Lovely Jubbley!

After a little reading it seemed that having both SXOS and Atmosphere was the way to go and I replied to another thread where a user did the same asking if they could provide a little more info and/or links etc.

However after another 45mins or so of reading it seems that the only reason to keep SXOS now is that it can mount and play XCI files without needing to install them - something I have never done or found the need to do. Please correct me if I'm wrong there?

I usually use a USB device to install games when docked, though I have also done it via PC transferring NSP to the sd card and installing from there when my USB drive wasn't available.

What would be the best route for me to go here?
I'm now thinking that as I don't use the XCI loading at all then I'd be better to completely remove SXOS and just use Atmosphere going forward?

Do I need to restore the Switch to stock and "start again" as it were?
If so, what's the best way to do that?

Information on my current setup which may help:
  • Switch is an XAJ4 serial model and 100% unpatched (Erista?)
  • I need to use RCM via PC my if the Switch ever loses power (TegraRcmGUI).
  • SXOS emuNAND on 10.0.2.
  • sysNAND I think is 6.0.1 - can't check right now (can confirm later if important).
  • I did a full NAND backup when I installed SXOS the first time.
    It's a clean 6.0.1 backup containing: eMMC RAW Full NAND, Boot0/1, eMMC SYS, eMMC USER.
  • I also have: HWI, SBK, TSEC Key, Device Key, BIS Keys 0/1/2/3 (crypt/tweak) as well as Prod Keys in both text+bin format and a tsec_keys.bin file.
  • Switch is offline only, never been online and not intending to / not bothered.
  • Switch is not banned.
  • I don't need to keep any game saves or user data.
I found this guide which goes through migrating from SXOS to Atmosphere but I'm not sure if it still applies if the best option is to go back to stock and just have Atmosphere.

I don't need anything special, just to be able to install games from USB and easily update the firmware as required for newer releases. Also read about sigpatches needing to be manually installed - any info on that will be helpful as never had to do that before.
Do they need to be installed per game or per update?

Any advice appreciated, just want to try and understand things a little better before I do anything which may cause a brick or other issues down the road.

Apologies for the long post, wanted to get as much info as possible in to make it easier for people to help me out.

Thanks in advance!
I recommend following this guide on how to convert from SX OS to Atmosphere.
I have SX core, Erista, firmware 11.
I followed the guide "How to migrate from SXOS to Atmosphere", and did that.
Now when I power the switch on, I see Hekate v5.6.3. Even when powering with vol+.
In launch, I only have atmosphere, and it's 1.1.1.
Seems like games work.

I want to make sure: can I now use Daybreak to upgrade to firmware 13? Is SX OS completely gone at this point (other than my backup on my PC)?
Well you can but no game requires that firmware so I don't see much of a reason to update early. In fact, most users run into issues when updating their firmware so only update if absolutely necessary. As for SX OS, it has been nearly a year since the last update so its safe to say that there will be no more updates for that CFW.
emuMMC 12.0.0 AMS 1.1.1 E can't seem to launch homebrew with "title takeover". holding R (shoulder) then pressing A doesn't do the trick. what am I doing wrong?
Do you continue holding R the entire time? And are you doing it over a game/title?
Hey guys, I’m so glad there is a noob paradise here.
I have a noob question.

I play on a switch V1 13.0.0 with the last version of atmosphere (1.1 I think?).
On a micro SD formated in ExFAT.

I just bought a switch Oled.

basically, I would like to transfer the game saves from the hacked switch to the Oled.
I paid for my games, so I can play them on the Oled no problem. But I can’t connect the switch V1 to the internet Without risking a ban.
To my knowledge I can’t clean the V1 without losing my saves.

Any ideas?
Well, there is no way to transfer the save files without connecting to the Internet so you either risk getting the hacked console banned or you have to start your games from scratch on your OLED unit. However since you now own 2 consoles. I don't see why you need to worry about the hacked console being banned since you can just play online on the OLED console.

Reactions: otaconn23

ZazenNoir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I recommend following thison how to convert from SX OS to Atmosphere.

Well you can but no game requires that firmware so I don't see much of a reason to update early. In fact, most users run into issues when updating their firmware so only update if absolutely necessary. As for SX OS, it has been nearly a year since the last update so its safe to say that there will be no more updates for that CFW.

Do you continue holding R the entire time? And are you doing it over a game/title?

Well, there is no way to transfer the save files without connecting to the Internet so you either risk getting the hacked console banned or you have to start your games from scratch on your OLED unit. However since you now own 2 consoles. I don't see why you need to worry about the hacked console being banned since you can just play online on the OLED console.
well, I connected the switch V1 to the internet to try and use the save transfer thingy , and I got instantly banned xD
no luck I guess.
man, this is gonna be such a pain to unlock every smash characters again...

ZazenNoir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
First when trying the save transfer tool I had the error 2137-8007.
I tried again with a dns set on 001.001.001.001.
That’s when I got instantly banned.
Error 2181-4008.

Not even on save got through.

otaconn23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is the most effective way to change the layout in the homebrew menu? i am trying to make multiple rows and change the icons and page background.

Last edited by otaconn23,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Push it :creep: