Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Shoruk3n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes because with the guide, it will get you from point A to point B with the least amount of hacks. The more hacks you throw in between, the less clean that NAND backup becomes.
Ok. What happens if I backup on 4.1.0, update to current OFW, and later wish to restore using the backup I made? Is this a situation where I must use the method that does not burn fuses?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. What happens if I backup on 4.1.0, update to current OFW, and later wish to restore using the backup I made? Is this a situation where I must use the method that does not burn fuses?
You would have to update without burning fuses if you wish to restore your backup on 4.1. Otherwise, you have to make a new backup if you update with burnt fuses because your console won't boot with a 4.1 backup and the current number of burnt fuses required on 5.1

acoll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
question about backing up raw nand, i used hekate to backup both sysnand(i think) and rawnand, the final files i got were 3 BOOT0, BOOT1, and rawnand.bin. is that enough files to backup? or did i do something wrong?

Shoruk3n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would have to update without burning fuses if you wish to restore your backup on 4.1. Otherwise, you have to make a new backup if you update with burnt fuses because your console won't boot with a 4.1 backup and the current number of burnt fuses required on 5.1
Is going online after update w/o burning fuses equivalent to going online after doing an official update?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
question about backing up raw nand, i used hekate to backup both sysnand(i think) and rawnand, the final files i got were 3 BOOT0, BOOT1, and rawnand.bin. is that enough files to backup? or did i do something wrong?
You're good. It should be around 29 GB in size uncompressed.
Is going online after update w/o burning fuses equivalent to going online after doing an official update?
Not entirely since you will have less burnt fuses than you should which makes going online with that not 100% safe but no one has been banned yet due to this alone so its considered safe for now.

Reactions: acoll

Shoruk3n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been like 1 week since I read threads, and now I'm totally lost. Could someone give a short list of events that transpired in the week?

Well I've been on the scene for maybe a week, but I'll give it a go lol...

1. N passed out a new uberban on a small number of users for abusing eshop access, they apparently don't have access to system updates.

2. ReiNX was officially announced and has an unofficial release that allows eshop (forgot file extension) backup loading.

3. SX OS 1.4 released

4. I probably missed something or got it all wrong

Reactions: Draxzelex

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's been like 1 week since I read threads, and now I'm totally lost. Could someone give a short list of events that transpired in the week?
Outside of what Shourk3n said, it would also help if you told us the last things you remembered about the Switch scene. Its not like we catalog everything that happens here on a calendar or something.

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Outside of what Shourk3n said, it would also help if you told us the last things you remembered about the Switch scene. Its not like we catalog everything that happens here on a calendar or something.
The only thing I recalled was the ktemin drama. Then everyone went off to make their own Atmosphere spin-offs, and then just yesterday was the fake CFW, and now Fake DevMenu.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I recalled was the ktemin drama. Then everyone went off to make their own Atmosphere spin-offs, and then just yesterday was the fake CFW, and now Fake DevMenu.
Oh something else that happened was there was this supposed crack of SX OS released but it was really an irreversible brick code unless you made a full backup beforehand. You can read about it here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/anybody-bricked-with-the-fake-sx-payload.512285/ The end of the thread has a link to the GitHub page of the code used to brick the consoles.

reymund602

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I was just wondering, do we have a tutorial for virgin switches? On making nand backups before homebrew use or any cfw?

delete12345

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh something else that happened was there was this supposed crack of SX OS released but it was really an irreversible brick code unless you made a full backup beforehand. You can read about it here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/anybody-bricked-with-the-fake-sx-payload.512285/ The end of the thread has a link to the GitHub page of the code used to brick the consoles.
Ahhh, I see now.

Thanks. And I thought the scene is moving way too fast.

virgin switches?

What? I think you're using the word that doesn't mean what you think it means.

Xen0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Where is the data that the Switch sends to Nintendo stored? If I wasn't online for months started with Emulators and stuff now, and restore a NAND backup before I go online, all traces should be gone shouldn't they?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I was just wondering, do we have a tutorial for virgin switches? On making nand backups before homebrew use or any cfw?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-hacking-101-how-to-launch-the-homebrew-menu-on-all-fw.504012/
Where is the data that the Switch sends to Nintendo stored? If I wasn't online for months started with Emulators and stuff now, and restore a NAND backup before I go online, all traces should be gone shouldn't they?
It's assumed to be stored somewhere in the NAND but there are no tools that can erase that data. And as long the NAND backup was made before you began hacking, all traces should be gone.

Reactions: Xen0

reymund602

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-hacking-101-how-to-launch-the-homebrew-menu-on-all-fw.504012/
It's assumed to be stored somewhere in the NAND but there are no tools that can erase that data. And as long the NAND backup was made before you began hacking, all traces should be gone.

Thanks a lot! So, would using or installing homebrew to make a nand backup store any information that would flag the switch for a ban? Or would you be able to run a nand back up before homebrew

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks a lot! So, would using or installing homebrew to make a nand backup store any information that would flag the switch for a ban? Or would you be able to run a nand back up before homebrew
Make the NAND backup as soon as possible. The more homebrew and hacks you perform on the console, the greater the risk of getting a ban would become. The bare minimum hack needed to backup the NAND is running the bootloader known as Hekate which is included in that tutorial. Its the first thing it has you do for good reasons outside of avoiding a ban.

Reactions: reymund602

Doctopus18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, i see the new version of freeshop can write games on the console nand, someone have a pre-compiled version of it ? Thx in advance

Envoyé de mon PRA-AL00X en utilisant Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It is mothers day I need to give @BigOnYa's wife a call
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    And your own @SylverReZ ?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I know who I need to call. :ninja:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ghostbusters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    "Hello, this the feds?"
    +1
    Go ahead. I think there's a phone at my mums grave :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lucky
    +1
    I think we buried mum still sitting on the Lode 🚽 :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You aren't British
    +1
    Aye mate
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because you drive on the wrong side of the road
    +1
    :rofl2: We built the cars first. Ask Mr Ford :D
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No the brits did they figured out horse power first
    Everyone else is just Knock-offs :tpi:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how much damage a horse would do to modern cars
    There ya go. always thinking Negative. :sad:
  • Wholesome @ Wholesome:
    hamburger
    Hot Dogs 🌭 🌭
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: Come to think of it, I might make 🌭 for lunch today. A change of pace :) With chili, cheese, onions, relish n mustard :D
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    who'd be angrier if we pinged them, juan or leo?
    +1
    Juan
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Someone has to delete Leo's thread to make him angry
    +2
    [awaits for him to notice something] :blush::ha::evil:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im back
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back