Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

mathjuubi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What's the thing with burning fuses? Does it do anything beside blocking downgrade?

Also, the only point of wanting to downgrade in unpatched consoles is coldboot or is there something else that I'm not aware of?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I already asked about updating and DLC and I understand that the safest way is to not do it at this time but what is the negative side to using the devmenu to do this? I only ask because I have seen alot of utube videos saying to do it that way .
DevMenu is a leaked program used by, well, developers and not us. Think of it a pirated game but 10x worse. Unfortunately, Tinfoil, which is the only other .NSP installer, cannot install updates or DLC at the moment.
What's the thing with burning fuses? Does it do anything beside blocking downgrade?

Also, the only point of wanting to downgrade in unpatched consoles is coldboot or is there something else that I'm not aware of?
Fuses are only used to prevent downgrading.

There are unreleased exploits that work for firmwares 4.1 and below that do not use a jig and USB cable but most likely involve loading a webpage. And these are considered warmboot exploits as they are triggered after the console is turned on. There is a hypothetical coldboot that can be achieved up to 3.0.1, but it has not been documented as of yet, publicly or privately.

Reactions: MeatieMeat

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
The SD card itself is fine but the bigger ones seem to be more commonly reported as fake. As long as the price difference isn't too big from the standard options, you're good.

FAT32 would seem to be the only format it could support since its too small for exFAT.
II tried the three formats and only the OFW detects it, but in Hekate he tells me that he did not find the files, even though I place them properly. Obviously if I remove it Hekate says that MicroSD is not detected, so if it detects it, but it does not read the files and I do not explain why.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
II tried the three formats and only the OFW detects it, but in Hekate he tells me that he did not find the files, even though I place them properly. Obviously if I remove it Hekate says that MicroSD is not detected, so if it detects it, but it does not read the files and I do not explain why.
This sounds like a Hekate-specific issue then and I would recommend you to talk to CTCaer if he wasn't currently on vacation. Its possible there might be an issue with your SD slot.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
This sounds like a Hekate-specific issue then and I would recommend you to talk to CTCaer if he wasn't currently on vacation. Its possible there might be an issue with your SD slot.
In fact I have tried other useful loads, specifically the one that ReiCFW loads. Also, there is a read error message. I'm in 5.1, The console is the launch

SiiXFX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it possible to use DevMenu on 4.1.0 through all the tools we have now? I know that LayeredFS does not work for FW <5 under SX OS. But in Hekate it should work. Unfortunately ReiNX is not yet for FW <5. Does Tinfoil work under 4.1.0? I think so because with SX OS it works for me without problems. Does sig patching work with 4.1.0 with Hekate and LayeredFS? I can boot it without problems only Tinfoil then no longer work .. Can someone help me please? I want to install Hulu via Tinfoil and then start DevMenu with LayeredFS. And I want to stay completely offline.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was curious how many fuses I burnt so I ran Hekate to verify. Is 5 burnt fuses normal on 4.1fw?
It is and you can check that type of info here: http://switchbrew.org/index.php?title=Fuses
Is it possible to use DevMenu on 4.1.0 through all the tools we have now? I know that LayeredFS does not work for FW <5 under SX OS. But in Hekate it should work. Unfortunately ReiNX is not yet for FW <5. Does Tinfoil work under 4.1.0? I think so because with SX OS it works for me without problems. Does sig patching work with 4.1.0 with Hekate and LayeredFS? I can boot it without problems only Tinfoil then no longer work .. Can someone help me please? I want to install Hulu via Tinfoil and then start DevMenu with LayeredFS. And I want to stay completely offline.
  • LayeredFS works on firmwares 4.1 and above outside SX OS and ReiNX
  • Tinfoil should work on all firmwares since its homebrew
  • The signature patching implemented in Hekate only works on homebrew applications installed as a .NSP or legitimately made backups of your own installed .NSP titles
  • You cannot install Hulu through Tinfoil without being on the latest firmware since the signature patching is not sufficient to launch Hulu
Is it safe to update installed NSPs?
Any hacking is never safer. I would say installing a .NSP is less safe than playing a .XCI since Nintendo can cross-reference the former and not the latter.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Shoruk3n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are either of these your preferred alternative?
Like I said, the first one is preferred but there's some problem where it won't work without connecting online. Supposedly you get around it by putting a .XML of what its looking for on the SD card but I haven't used it. I prefer it over the other one because its actively being updated while the other one was a closed-source leak meaning not much work was put into it after the fact. Both work fine for their intended purposes.

Reactions: Shoruk3n

SMVB64

Now your playing with power! Super power!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Noob here
I want to transfer my saves from my old switch to my new one.
Whats the likely hood of a ban for using homebrew? My old switch I don't care to much what happens to it, but my new one I need online for the new Smash.
Thanks SM

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob here
I want to transfer my saves from my old switch to my new one.
Whats the likely hood of a ban for using homebrew? My old switch I don't care to much what happens to it, but my new one I need online for the new Smash.
Thanks SM
If your using Hekate/Atmosphere, no one has been banned for using homebrew except for one user who was using an emulator and cleared his error logs on 5.X so risk is minimal to say the least. With SX OS on the other hand, people have been banned left and right with this, both offline and online so...I think the decision here is obvious: Risk will always be there, but you can greatly minimize by doing certain actions.
Anywhere I can look to read up on devmenu? I know it's N software leaked at some point, but I don't understand what the community uses it for.
This'll teach you how to setup DevMenu: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-get-a-custom-user-icon-using-devmenuapp.508369/

Shoruk3n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your using Hekate/Atmosphere, no one has been banned for using homebrew except for one user who was using an emulator and cleared his error logs on 5.X so risk is minimal to say the least. With SX OS on the other hand, people have been banned left and right with this, both offline and online so...I think the decision here is obvious: Risk will always be there, but you can greatly minimize by doing certain actions.
Does this relate the my question you answered earlier about using SX OS to perform nand backup? In my suggested scenario I was going to use SX OS to run Hekate and backup, which as I understood it was no less risky than using the dongle for RCM and running Hekate. But here you've said using SX OS people are getting banned left and right. What have a missed?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this relate the my question you answered earlier about using SX OS to perform nand backup? In my suggested scenario I was going to use SX OS to run Hekate and backup, which as I understood it was no less risky than using the dongle for RCM and running Hekate. But here you've said using SX OS people are getting banned left and right. What have a missed?
If you want to backup your NAND, the safest way would be to use Hekate only. You can load Hekate via SX Pro (which was your question) but that makes it slightly less safe because there will be traces of SX OS on your NAND on top of Hekate.

Shoruk3n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to backup your NAND, the safest way would be to use Hekate only. You can load Hekate via SX Pro (which was your question) but that makes it slightly less safe because there will be traces of SX OS on your NAND on top of Hekate.
Ah. So for minimum risk, don't use the SX OS, just follow the guide. Right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM