Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

LoseSilent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It depends what you mean by untethered. To make mine more kids friendly I have my Switch running with autoRCM enabled and use an "RCM loader" - https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nkw=rcm+loader. With this device you just upload a payload file to the device and then connect the RCMloader to the Switch console's USB port whenever you power it on. Mine boots straight into Atmosphere

Hey, Thanks for the suggestion! I know there's devices like this or you can even use your Phone.

I'm really just looking for a way to not plug any device into the switch and go from completely powered off to Atmosphere. Or maybe into a dirty sysNAND that I could run an app or something on the switch to reboot into Atmosphere.

Anyway, from what I've found online there's no easy way to do that yet so I might just cave and get a RCMloader. I was hopeful you guys had information I couldn't find via google.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, Thanks for the suggestion! I know there's devices like this or you can even use your Phone.

I'm really just looking for a way to not plug any device into the switch and go from completely powered off to Atmosphere. Or maybe into a dirty sysNAND that I could run an app or something on the switch to reboot into Atmosphere.

Anyway, from what I've found online there's no easy way to do that yet so I might just cave and get a RCMloader. I was hopeful you guys had information I couldn't find via google.

You need a modchip.

Reactions: LoseSilent

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you find yourself running out of room on the SD card (part of which is being used for emuMMC) can you just make a full raw data copy of the SD card (on a PC) to another SD card and then delete the games when you insert the new SD into the Switch. Presumably - it's a lot quicker to just disable autoRCM and treat it as an un-modded Switch but without the need to back up the NAND ?

Similarly, if you wanted to upgrade to a larger SD card is there a way you can transfer games from one emuNAND to another ?
Yes you can just copy the content from one SD card to another. I don't understand what you are asking with your second question but for the third, you just copy the emuMMC folder to the other SD card.

Will there ever be a softmod for mariko switches???

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

will the switch ever get a soft mod
The Switch has a softmod in the form of Deja Vu but that is only for Erista consoles on firmware 4.1 or lower. Mariko consoles may never get a softmod let alone any other exploit. Just get a console on firmware 4.1 or lower, patched or unpatched.

Hello guys,

I am kind of new to the CFW stuff with the switch and also im from Germany so my english is not the best. Already read many guides but I am still not sure so I'd be really thankful if you could help me out!
Now if I load CFW such as atmosphere on my switch, Ive seen people do NAND backups and stuff which I of course would do as well. The question Im asking myself at this point is: In the moment I do the backup, its cracked already isnt it? Like if I restore to that NAND backup I created at that point, am I actually gonna be able to play like SMM2 online again?

I dont really understand how I get to the "vanilla" switch again cuz to me it seems like im just gonna restore it to the custom/cracked switch..

Thank u very much in advance
The console becomes tainted the moment you run any CFW or homebrew. However the exploit involves sending an RCM payload before booting to CFW or homebrew which does not taint the console. There are even RCM payloads that allow you to both dump and restore the eMMC before running CFW or homebrew. Therefore if you make an eMMC backup before running CFW/homebrew, stay offline with CFW/homebrew, and restore that backup prior to going online, you will be fine.

Reactions: drippy420

wormbug

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would the new system update to the switch cause Atmosphere to not boot properly until updated with the new version by the creator? I keep getting error code 2002-2634 when booting into cfw and then trying to boot atmosphere-fusee.

KuiperChaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im pretty new to the switch modding community (and to the switch community in general) and i cant find in any guides or faq's how to check for rcm on a switch lite. i don't know what software it's running on, but I bought it in June 2020, so I'm guessing its one of the newer versions. am I just looking at outdated guides or is there really no way to mod the switch lite? i really don't want to have to buy the normal switch just to be able to play modded games.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im pretty new to the switch modding community (and to the switch community in general) and i cant find in any guides or faq's how to check for rcm on a switch lite. i don't know what software it's running on, but I bought it in June 2020, so I'm guessing its one of the newer versions. am I just looking at outdated guides or is there really no way to mod the switch lite? i really don't want to have to buy the normal switch just to be able to play modded games.
The only way to hack a Switch Lite is with the modchip, SX Lite, which not only is hard to come by but may not be receiving future support as key members of TX has been arrested. There may never be another exploit for the Switch Lite in the foreseeable future but nothing is guaranteed.

Reactions: KuiperChaos

KuiperChaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only way to hack a Switch Lite is with the modchip, SX Lite, which not only is hard to come by but may not be receiving future support as key members of TX has been arrested. There may never be another exploit for the Switch Lite in the foreseeable future but nothing is guaranteed.
that's a bit disappointing, but thanks for the help! I'm gonna see if I can get my hands on a SX Lite

DOTmjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I wanted to sell a modded Switch, would it be possible to keep the custom firmware along with the games already installed but while also deleting all traces of the previous owner (mainly removing all references to old Nintendo profile)?

superluccix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, years ago I went to this site to successfully homebrew my 3ds, and all these years later I wanted to see if it was possible with my Switch.

However super noob here. Im looking on this site https://ismyswitchpatched.com/ where I put my serial number in and it says "
Your console is not patched. Hooray!

Possible firmware version out of the box: 4.1.0" (In case it matters, I bought this shortly after Smash came out)

So Im assuming thats good. However when I look at recovery mode to see what software version I have, it says 10.2

Basically I want to know which number am I supposed to be looking at. Because if its 4.1.0 according to multiple sites I have a chance, but assuming if its truly the 10.2 number, then it seems Im out of luck I think. If anybody could help Id appreciate it

smudgester

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, years ago I went to this site to successfully homebrew my 3ds, and all these years later I wanted to see if it was possible with my Switch.

However super noob here. Im looking on this site https://ismyswitchpatched.com/ where I put my serial number in and it says "

Possible firmware version out of the box: 4.1.0" (In case it matters, I bought this shortly after Smash came out)

So Im assuming thats good. However when I look at recovery mode to see what software version I have, it says 10.2

Basically I want to know which number am I supposed to be looking at. Because if its 4.1.0 according to multiple sites I have a chance, but assuming if its truly the 10.2 number, then it seems Im out of luck I think. If anybody could help Id appreciate it

As long as ismyswitchpatched says "Your console is not patched" then it doesn't matter what software version it is running. The software version is only relevant if you console is patched.

Mine is also unpatched & running 10.2.0 but is running Atmosphere fine. Just following the guide in the first post

GCS

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey

As @smudgester said fw doesn't matter, but if you are using fw 11.0 you should wait for Atmosphere/ Hekate to release the new version which I don't think would take that much time.

superluccix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as ismyswitchpatched says "Your console is not patched" then it doesn't matter what software version it is running. The software version is only relevant if you console is patched.

Mine is also unpatched & running 10.2.0 but is running Atmosphere fine. Just following the guide in the first post

Alright perfect that definitely makes this easier. But if I can bug you again a bit, did you end up doing the physical tinkering of the switch in regards to the fusee-gelee hardware it mentions? Or did you end up using the software version? Im assuming the Atmosphere is the software version but just making sure. If it all possible, Id like to avoid physical tinkering and instead just follow the software guide.

At the moment looks like Im following the guide where it talks about Caffeine. But before I continued just wanted to make sure if this sounds ok to do so far

Edit: Also thanks to GCS for replying, only just saw after I posted this

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

As the others said it is unpatched which is good, 4.1.0 is the firmware had when you bought it, 10.2.0 is the current firmware that is installed. Just follow any of the switch guides and don't udpate to 11 yet

Alright perfect that definitely makes this easier. But if I can bug you again a bit, did you end up doing the physical tinkering of the switch in regards to the fusee-gelee hardware it mentions? Or did you end up using the software version? Im assuming the Atmosphere is the software version but just making sure. If it all possible, Id like to avoid physical tinkering and instead just follow the software guide.

At the moment looks like Im following the guide where it talks about Caffeine. But before I continued just wanted to make sure if this sounds ok to do so far

Edit: Also thanks to GCS for replying, only just saw after I posted this

because it's unpatched fusee-gelee will work no matter what firmware - just need to wait for cfw to update

superluccix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the others said it is unpatched which is good, 4.1.0 is the firmware had when you bought it, 10.2.0 is the current firmware that is installed. Just follow any of the switch guides and don't udpate to 11 yet

Ok so it sounds like choosing fusee-gelee is the way I should be going forward. Now Im debating if Im on the stage where Im supposed to check if my Switch has the capacity to use RCM to launch payloads, or if I can go directly to the step labeled "SD Card Setup Fusee-gelee"

Assuming if its the former, then it seems I need to do that jury rigging with the ground pin 10. Dont know if there is a way for me to avoid that or not. Or maybe Im misunderstanding the step Im on. Sorry for the continued questions

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok so it sounds like choosing fusee-gelee is the way I should be going forward. Now Im debating if Im on the stage where Im supposed to check if my Switch has the capacity to use RCM to launch payloads, or if I can go directly to the step labeled "SD Card Setup Fusee-gelee"

Assuming if its the former, then it seems I need to do that jury rigging with the ground pin 10. Dont know if there is a way for me to avoid that or not. Or maybe Im misunderstanding the step Im on. Sorry for the continued questions
If its unpatched you can launch rcm payloads

fuse-primary is a rcm payload launched used to launch atmoshpere, follow the full setup guide. yes pin 10 will be required at least once to enable autorcm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over