Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

elecu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hi it is possible in anyway emunand can touch the sysnand or the saves used by the sysnand? I did a thread about it so I will not reask the question but in theory, my question is possible ?

I have same question than @Kanakops. Yesterday I create an emunand for my "virgin console" but I want to continue playing my original Splatoon 2 online on sysnand, so I´m worried to take many risks for a ban. There is possible if I install an NSP on emunand and playing always offline, the console saves information on sysnand to notify to Nintendo Servers? Or is it just like the emunand on the "DS that the Sysnand never notice about this partition? I´m using Atmosphere but I could restart my backup and just to wait until the risks of a ban are less.

Reactions: Kanakops

Kanakops

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have same question than @Kanakops. Yesterday I create an emunand for my "virgin console" but I want to continue playing my original Splatoon 2 online on sysnand, so I´m worried to take many risks for a ban. There is possible if I install an NSP on emunand and playing always offline, the console saves information on sysnand to notify to Nintendo Servers? Or is it just like the emunand on the "DS that the Sysnand never notice about this partition? I´m using Atmosphere but I could restart my backup and just to wait until the risks of a ban are less.

Hey hi, apparently if you have an emunand with every protections you need (no wifi, airplane mode, incognito) and basically stay offline 100% of the time, you can do anything on it, installing nsp, homebrew, cheats, mods ect and still play on your untouched and clean sysnand online. It's what I do and yet i'm not banned, but it's still possible you can get banned somehow, i'm not an expert.

People told me emunand and sysnand are 100% separate so you are not gonna have any modification on your sysnand if you do stuffs on your emunand and vice versa.

So if you never touch your sysnand with any homebrew related thing and keep it clean all the time you are good to go

BUT i'm not an expert and I would also LOVE to see the point of views of others members, don't pick my word like the truth, it's possible i'm wrong and I only hacked my switch a couple of weeks ago

Edit : also you can watch this video for understanding how emunand work :

Last edited by Kanakops,
Reactions: elecu

elecu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey hi, apparently if you have an emunand with every protections you need (no wifi, airplane mode, incognito) and basically stay offline 100% of the time, you can do anything on it, installing nsp, homebrew, cheats, mods ect and still play on your untouched and clean sysnand online. It's what I do and yet i'm not banned, but it's still possible you can get banned somehow, i'm not an expert.

People told me emunand and sysnand are 100% separate so you are not gonna have any modification on your sysnand if you do stuffs on your emunand and vice versa.

So if you never touch your sysnand with any homebrew related thing and keep it clean all the time you are good to go

BUT i'm not an expert and I would also LOVE to see the point of views of others members, don't pick my word like the truth, it's possible i'm wrong and I only hacked my switch a couple of weeks ago

Edit : also you can watch this video for understanding how emunand work :

Thanks, mate, it was so useful. I preceded with the installation of backups with more confidence.

Reactions: Kanakops

Zaxxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would have it the other way around so that your system nand is OFW and emunand as cfw

Sorry I explained it badly,
I want to have only cfw on nand without official software,
Is that possible?
I have another console where I'm playing online with my bought games, that why I want to have only cfw on this one. I'm also planning to swap nand for 256gb and run everything from nand.

Last edited by Zaxxx,

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry I explained it badly,
I want to have only cfw on nand without official software,
Is that possible?
I have another console where I'm playing online with my bought games, that why I want to have only cfw on this one. I'm also planning to swap nand for 256gb and run everything from nand.

Do you just want CFW on your system nand because you have a second console for online?

If that's the case you need to worry so much about emunand, however a backup is still always advised

MissyBucko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I first hacked my switch, I made an emmunand and safely squirreled it away. But then I moved my Nintendo folder back to the sysnand because I was having trouble with accessing my valid games and I've been running cfw on sysnand ever since. The only thing I use cfw/homebrew for is creating save files for offline editing or injecting save files. I only run legit games from purchased carts. I always keep airplane mode on while working in cfw. A couple weeks ago, I made the mistake of going online in the game, not realizing that cfw was still loaded from the night before (I had gone to standby mode instead of powering down). I was so paranoid that I immediately wiped the console and started from scratch with a new ID. I'm wondering if wiping and starting over will avoid a console ban. Is the ban risk that great going online while running cfw in sysnand?

Kraken64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Switch that I hacked a few months back. I have two sd cards that I use, one for original sysnand on OFW and the other when using emunand and running Hekate/Atmosphere with CFW.

There is an update for the OFW that I have not updated and I would like to know if it is okay to update the OFW without it affecting CFW?
If I updated the console would I still be able to run CFW as normal or does the CFW need to be updated/patched?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Switch that I hacked a few months back. I have two sd cards that I use, one for original sysnand on OFW and the other when using emunand and running Hekate/Atmosphere with CFW.

There is an update for the OFW that I have not updated and I would like to know if it is okay to update the OFW without it affecting CFW?
If I updated the console would I still be able to run CFW as normal or does the CFW need to be updated/patched?
Yes because CFW supports the latest firmware. It is recommended to update your CFW before your updating your firmware.

elecu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey guys, if I am on Emunand using Atmosphere, the console storage (memory console) is as well into the SD card? I mean, can I use this "sysnand" into emunand to install backups without affecting the real sysnand?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, if I am on Emunand using Atmosphere, the console storage (memory console) is as well into the SD card? I mean, can I use this "sysnand" into emunand to install backups without affecting the real sysnand?
Yes, the internal memory of emuMMC is on the SD card. More precisely, it is within the partition on the SD card.

techmob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Some noob questions incoming...
It has been a while since I have used the Nintendo switch, it was one of the early exploitable versions, which I think has atmosphere on around firmware 6.x or something

my son is keen to use it so I have charged it.

could you let me know how to find what version of console I have and also custom firmware and then I can go from there as I would like to look updating it to the latest custom release

cheers

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Some noob questions incoming...
It has been a while since I have used the Nintendo switch, it was one of the early exploitable versions, which I think has atmosphere on around firmware 6.x or something

my son is keen to use it so I have charged it.

could you let me know how to find what version of console I have and also custom firmware and then I can go from there as I would like to look updating it to the latest custom release

cheers

If you can inject a payload or your SN is listed as safe in the online checker then it is a rcm vulnerable unit,

If it is from there your best bet it to update your atmosphere files then use daybreak to update the console to a new version, alternatively you can create an emunand and update taht with the same method

phelen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hi

I watched this video to do the hacking as I found hard to read because of english.

I like to ask is guide good, and I be using to play back ups so is it hard to download and just install? Or SX OS a better option to just play backups?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi

I watched this video to do the hacking as I found hard to read because of english.

I like to ask is guide good, and I be using to play back ups so is it hard to download and just install? Or SX OS a better option to just play backups?
Don't follow video guides as they are outdated the moment they are uploaded and are not made by trusted scene members. Follow a text guide such as this one. Also SX OS is not the better option to play backups as not only does it cost money but key members of their team have been arrested which may mean the end of SX OS.

phelen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
If i follow the guide how does you install back ups, is it gold leaf?. I have hacked 3ds before so looking for some like fbi installer for switch

elecu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If i follow the guide how does you install back ups, is it gold leaf?. I have hacked 3ds before so looking for some like fbi installer for switch

A little different according to me because firstly, I needed to search updated patches files to avoid issues with the current version. After this, If you install from the SD, yeah it´s similar to FBI with the cias (goldleaf is only for NSP files), you must split files because you should be using a FAT32 SD though.

Last edited by elecu,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over