1. GCS

GCS Don't ask it, ALWAYS Backup the NAND!

Turkey
    As far as I know Kosmos is outdated(?) and there is no reason for you to keep it. You can uninstall it.

2. WiiEJECT

WiiEJECT GBAtemp Fan

Argentina
    If you are not using Kosmos, you can make that annoying sign go away by simply deleting an ini file from the bootloader folder on the root of your SD card.
    Don't remember the name of the ini file, I just know is NOT hekate_ipl.ini (is not nyx.ini either)

lettuce likes this.
  3. TheMiiToday

TheMiiToday Member
    Newcomer

France
    Hi,

So I followed switch.homebrew.guide to boot into atmosphere to use cheats. I created emunand on the SD card and copied all the content of my previous SD card to the readable partition of the new sd card. Managed to boot into the emunand but could not start my game as it required a download. When I boot into the normal sysnand, no such issue, the game just starts up. Also, the size of the SD card seems cut in half. After playing a game for a few hours on emunand (as I wanted the cheats), I rebooted into sysnand to buy more games from the eshop. Funniliy, when I started the same game on sysnand, all my progress was lost.

I'm confused as to what happened. Can anybody help?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Hi,

So I followed https://switch.homebrew.guide/index.html to boot into atmosphere to use cheats. I created emunand on the SD card and copied all the content of my previous SD card to the readable partition of the new sd card. Managed to boot into the emunand but could not start my game as it required a download. When I boot into the normal sysnand, no such issue, the game just starts up. Also, the size of the SD card seems cut in half. After playing a game for a few hours on emunand (as I wanted the cheats), I rebooted into sysnand to buy more games from the eshop. Funniliy, when I started the same game on sysnand, all my progress was lost.

I'm confused as to what happened. Can anybody help?

4. Crezut

Crezut GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    maaan - I must have missed some step or another along the way when doing this CFW installation and now I’m a little lost. is there a way to start over?

like can I just erase the files on the SD card/format the card and try again from the beginning of the guide I’m following?

thanks for all the help I keep getting - hopefully I’ll be out of your hair soon :shy:

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    sysMMC and emuMMC are separated from each other. They do not share anything between the two of them. Also the size of the SD card is most likely not cut in half but being used by emuMMC which is at least 32 GB.

Why do you want to start over?

6. TheMiiToday

TheMiiToday Member
    Newcomer

France
    I agree that both MMC are separate, I'm confused about the games downloaded on the SD card... Shouldn't they share the same space? And I use a 1Tb card (with half free), but suddenly I have 300Gb free... Really have no clue as to what's going on.

7. Crezut

Crezut GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    I was moving all my content to a new SD card with more space and something didn’t go right, and I don’t have the know-how to figure out what went wrong :/ so, it seemed easier to start from scratch since I did that correctly

8. GCS

Turkey
    Are the contents of the old sd still available?

9. Crezut

Crezut GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    I believe so, yes.

I was at migrate emuMMC - change emuMMC then SD RAW 1 when my screen didn’t say what the picture said

10. GCS

Turkey

Format the new sd to FAT32.
    Use this tool to move your emuNAND to new sd, copy all other files directly from the old sd to the new one.

Crezut likes this.
  11. Crezut

Crezut GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    oh, wow, there’s a tool for this?? you’re a lifesaver, thank you : D I’ll let you know if this also goes poorly somehow

GCS likes this.
  12. Crezut

Crezut GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    I formatted the card and got the EmuTools running - I chose Atmosphere hidden partition to Atmosphere file (only option available) - but how do I get this onto the new card? I imagine I need to make a hidden partition on the new SD

13. GCS

Turkey
    You can just put the new files to the new sd card's root.

14. Crezut

Crezut GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    is it supposed to say emuMMC\HPE0\Nintendo?

15. GCS

Turkey
    Yes, try it the way I said.

16. Crezut

Crezut GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    once that, and the rest of the files of my old SD has been transferred over to root, what is the next step?

17. GCS

Turkey
    There is no other step:) It's done

Crezut likes this.
  18. Crezut

Crezut GBAtemp Regular

Norway
    you were correct :) thank you so much for helping me with all my basic b* questions :D

GCS likes this.
  19. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    No because emuMMC and sysMMC use their own Nintendo folders by default so they do not share the same games.

20. jucaa

jucaa GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hey guys, once again i have updated my switch and im lost on which sig patches to use, as there are lots of topics for them. latest FW and atmosphere version

I'm using atmosphere + hekate and injecting hekate_ctcaer_5.3.3.bin as payload.

What sigpatch should i use?

Edit: used the sigpatches from this topic, some games installs with Awoo, however an option appear to update the game every time i try to run it, other games dont install (like pokemon sword).Why could this be?

Last edited by jucaa, Oct 23, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH