1. TudorBlue

TudorBlue GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Just wipe my sd card and copy over the download I choose?

2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Why do you want to do this? Most people don't even need an emuMMC.
    When you mention restoring your games, do you mean the ones on your old emuMMC or the ones on your sysMMC? If you mean the latter, your sysMMC games should transfer over automatically when you make a new emuMMC from your sysMMC.

Merely using Atmosphere and JKSV while offline is unlikely to get you banned or dirty your sysMMC. If you are paranoid, you have two options:
    1. Disable the internet connection on your sysMMC, make a backup of your sysMMC, use Atmosphere and JKSV to extract your save file, and then restore the clean sysMMC backup.
    2. Make a backup of your sysMMC and extract the save file from it
    I think you mean cartridge games, not disc games (I made the same typo once around the time the Switch came out). If you are using SX OS, you can play game backups off an external HDD. Since Switch games are not discs, you cannot use a DVD drive to play original games.

When using an emuMMC, the whole system is likely to be at least somewhat slower than the sysMMC.

3. seanlole

seanlole Newbie
    Newcomer

Cote d'Ivoire
    Just installed the latest update for the games i had trouble. It did work and the saves are there.

Thanks a lot for your help, buddy.

4. dza

dza Newbie
    Newcomer

Denmark
    Right, that is to be expected. Does the file mounting work as fast as partition? Thats a huge benefit to have it standalone and not be a fixed partition.

5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I don't have any personal experience, but a file based emuMMC has apparently become comparable with a partition based emuMMC as of a recent Atmosphere update.

6. dza

dza Newbie
    Newcomer

Denmark
    It would be really awesome if hekate could mount another emuMMC file for linux, android to avoid partitions all together

7. jboom91

jboom91 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I need help understanding how the Switch Cheats Updater works with Edizon and Tesla.

I have edizon and tesla and the overlays installed, and I also have Switch Cheats Updater. I have two games which are Animal Crossing and Pokemon Shield, they are both up to date. I run the Switch Cheats Updater and it creates 11 txt files in the location of my animal crossing cheats folder, and 2 txt files in pokemon. When I run edizon overlay and choose cheats it says no cheats loaded.

From what I understand to get the txt file cheats to work with Edizon and Tesla I can only use one txt file and it has to be titled the build id? So, what am I supposed to do with the cheat files that the updater created, because they are not titled with the build id and there are multiple files?

I'm on atmosphere btw. Thanks.

8. TudorBlue

https://imgur.com/IHyMRTf

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I get this black screen with a message on. Ive replaced the folders with one you linked me up to. How do I fix this error mate? Thanks in advance guys, any help with this will be very much appreciated.

Attached Files:

Last edited by TudorBlue, Aug 7, 2020
  9. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    As a matter of troubleshooting, I would follow these steps:
    1. Make sure the SD card is FAT32.
    2. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)
    3. Download the latest Atmosphere
    4. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
    5. Download these signature patches (for Atmosphere v0.14.1)
    6. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
    7. Put the SD into your Switch
    8. Enter RCM
    9. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary
    If you're using an emuMMC, the steps will be different.

TudorBlue likes this.
  10. TudorBlue

the micro sd card is formatted to ntfs, its a 128gb

11. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Use guiformat to format it as FAT32.

Adran_Marit likes this.
  12. Maxwellkiwi

Maxwellkiwi Member
    Newcomer

France
    Hi guys
    A long time in didn't come here, im in firmware 9.1 with atmosphere 10.2
    I'm planning to upgraded to play the future game or current like try paper mario, do i need to know specific things before upgrading?
    I was planning to replace my atmosphere files on my sd card with the last ones, replace the digpatches, and then using choixdujournx to upgrade the firmware
    Last time in used my Switch that was the 'protocol' for upgrade but maybe things have changer?
    Thanks in advance

13. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    1. Make sure the SD card is FAT32.
    2. Remove all CFW files/folders from your SD card (that would be folders like /sept/ and /atmosphere/)
    3. Download the latest Atmosphere
    4. Download the latest fusee-primary (next to Atmosphere)
    5. Download these signature patches (for Atmosphere v0.14.1)
    6. Put Atmosphere and the signature patches onto your SD card
    7. Download the 10.1.0 update and put the 10.1.0 folder onto the root of your SD card
    8. Put the SD into your Switch
    9. Enter RCM
    10. Launch Atmosphere using fusee-primary
    11. Open the Homebrew Launcher, preferably using title override (R on a game instead of using the photo album)
    12. Boot Daybreak
    13. Select the 10.1.0 update. Choose the 10.1.0 exFAT option, even though you're using FAT32.
    In short, the process is the same, but Daybreak is recommended now over ChoiDujourNX. Daybreak is much safer.

14. Maxwellkiwi

Maxwellkiwi Member
    Newcomer

France
    Thank you very much for the complete answer Lucius, two more questions: I will removed sept and atmosphere folder but i'll keep my old game and game save right?
    And is daybreak as user friendly as choixdujournx to upgrade?

15. Adran_Marit

Adran_Marit Walküre's Hacker

Australia
    Saves are stored on the console/emunand

Can't answer about daybreak as I've never used it myself personally

16. ivor

ivor Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hi guys, just brought a 512gb micro sd how do I go about transferring my current sd data to this one? Is it as simple as just formatting the new sd to 32 and copy and paste?

17. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Neither games nor saves are stored in the CFW folders (atmosphere and sept), so they will be preserved.

Daybreak is as user friendly as ChoiDujourNX, and Daybreak is far safer than ChoiDujourNX.

If you aren't using an emuMMC, you can just copy/paste the files from the old SD card to the new one. Make sure the new SD card is formatted as FAT32 before doing so.

18. ElAlacran

ElAlacran Newbie
    Newcomer

Argentina
    I have a switch with SXOS, I would like to update my firmware (currently on 8.0.0 and sxos 2.9.5) and setup an emuNAND. I have a clean backup of my sysNAND.

- What is the recommended way to update my switch? Is downloading it through Nintendo recommended?
    - My only interest in updating my firmware is being able to play all current games, which version is recommended for this?
    - Is this the correct procedure? Restore NAND backup -> update -> create emuNAND.

19. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    Why do you want to setup an emuNAND? The only reason to have an emuNAND on an unpatched system is to play legitimately purchased games online using a clean sysNAND. If that's not your situation, an emuNAND is not recommended.

On a dirty NAND, you should update using Daybreak on Atmosphere (recommended), or you can update using ChoiDujourNX. On a clean NAND, you should update using the system settings. If you have AutoRCM installed on a clean NAND and you don't want to burn fuses, you'll want to update through the system settings while running Atmosphere to preserve AutoRCM.

There is no reason not to update to 10.1.0 (the latest version as of this post).

If you already have things on your sysNAND that you want to have on your dirty emuNAND, then the order of events will change:
    1. Create emuNAND from sysNAND
    2. Install Incognito to the emuNAND
    3. Update emuNAND (using Daybreak or ChoiDujourNX) to 10.1.0
    4. Restore clean NAND backup to sysNAND
    5. Update sysNAND (using system settings) to 10.1.0, since the latest system version is required for online play

Last edited by Lacius, Aug 8, 2020
  20. whobroughtben

whobroughtben Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I’m trying to get sys-clk overlay working with latest atmosphere, but I keep getting this error via tesla sys-clk overlay. It appears that sys-clk is in fact running per sys-clock editor and the tesla sys-modules overlay.

I copied the entire contents of the sys-clk package into atmosphere and config.

Anyone know what’s going on here?

Attached Files:

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE, SWITCH