Hacking SWITCH NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Nkrlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
I have an 8.0 system with kosmos, after all the "drama" i've been reading it's even possible to just update to the latest version of kosmos/atmos and have everything working as before (never used tinfoil never plan to)?

To update to the lastest version of everything just update kosmos (copy files into the sd card) + chojour (for the sys update) and after that which patches should i apply ? (FS, ES, or ACID? is there any thread out there that more or less explains which/how to apply them to have the lastest version working as the old ones, i just want to use goldleaf to transfer some backuped games and played everything else from my cartbridges).

doingitwrong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. It has been a long time since I used my switch and could use some help.

DevMenu no longer will open after attempting an upgrade of hekate and atmos, if I downgrade back to my lower version of atmos and hekate it will work again. I have a 6.2 CFW switch with a clean nand 2.3 backup. I updated hekate and atmosphere using sdsetup.com

Thank you

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi i have couple of questions about incognito
I have a clean sysnand for online stuff and an emunand for offline. I have backed up my nand every update and have them multiple places.
I want to go incognito on my emunand and only on emunand. I don't want to mess my clean sys nand. What precautions should I consider? Is it safe to do? Can Big N ban me by joycon serial or game card ids I use on both my sysnand and emunand?
You don't need to use Incognito. Removing the Wi-Fi settings or using Airplane Mode is sufficient for staying offline. Incognito is also not safe as if you ever lose your backup, it will be like you are banned.

No i i meant to put itin rcm mode
Yes although I do not recommend HBG shop in the slightest.

So I apologize for the extremely dumb question but when people say “you should have a clean NAND backed up before you mod” they mean the Nintendo folder- right? Cause I saved that.
No they means dumping the NAND with Hekate before running CFW or homebrew. I should also mention that if you have ever run CFW or homebrew, you cannot generate a clean NAND ever again.

It seems that the effort to salvage my emummc is a lost cause. Is backing up saves from emummc without using homebrews like Edizon or Checkpoint really impossible?
Yes

I am new on switch, I got switch v1 with serial XAJ1004000000 firmware accidentally updated 10.0.1.
in short can I still install CFW on it or not(goodbye homebrew)?
Unless you want and know how to solder TX's upcoming modchip, you may never be able to run CFW on your console.

I used incognito rcm to delete the series from emummc and then I put the latest version of atmosphere on the sd card. in settings it no longer appears but in atmosphere / backup the series still appears. I would like to use the app store but I don't know if incognito really worked. I apologize if I wrote wrong, I use google translate

Trimis de pe al meu STK-LX1 folosind Tapatalk
Just don't use Incognito and use something like 90DNS.

Are they pirated or legitimate?

Both.

That's the odd part.
Nsp = game reinstalled via new sd card.
Install goes through without a problem.
Go to play game = mariokart works, katamari works... the rest say requires software download!
So I press download and it wont connect to nintendo servers. Eshop doesn't even work.

Owned games = card = works but require download (can be skipped) and download will not connect to nintendo.

Owned games = eshop = say requires software download and it wont connect to nintendo servers.

I have updated my system to 10 just now - mistake, I assumed it wouldn't connect to nintendo, but it did.

I was on 9.1 until 10 minutes ago.
Same issues remain still as above.
What website did you download your CFW files from? And did you download the ES/FS patches for the pirated games?

I have an 8.0 system with kosmos, after all the "drama" i've been reading it's even possible to just update to the latest version of kosmos/atmos and have everything working as before (never used tinfoil never plan to)?

To update to the lastest version of everything just update kosmos (copy files into the sd card) + chojour (for the sys update) and after that which patches should i apply ? (FS, ES, or ACID? is there any thread out there that more or less explains which/how to apply them to have the lastest version working as the old ones, i just want to use goldleaf to transfer some backuped games and played everything else from my cartbridges).
Yes make sure you grab the patches from this thread
Hello. It has been a long time since I used my switch and could use some help.

DevMenu no longer will open after attempting an upgrade of hekate and atmos, if I downgrade back to my lower version of atmos and hekate it will work again. I have a 6.2 CFW switch with a clean nand 2.3 backup. I updated hekate and atmosphere using sdsetup.com

Thank you
If you are using Hekate to boot Atmosphere, make sure you are using these patches

doingitwrong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I apologize for the extremely dumb question but when people say “you should have a clean NAND backed up before you mod” they mean the Nintendo folder- right? Cause I saved that.
these are not at all the same thing. use this guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/backup-...-your-biskeys-tseckeys-keys-txt-guide.513386/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you are using Hekate to boot Atmosphere, make sure you are using these patches

I have those patches, they were included with the sdsetup.com files and are current. My NSP will install fine, but I get a black screen with a message "Unable to start software. Return to the HOME menu and try again." I have deleted and reinstalled the NSP under the newer versions it does not help. After I had reinstalled devmenu with the newer version of hekate and atmos, I downgrade back to my older version of hekate and atmos and devmenu ran again (the new version can install it they just can't run it)

Thank you

Last edited by doingitwrong,
Reactions: Draxzelex

Nkrlz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco
Just one question, how doi remove the update firmware nag? (i connected my console to the internet and now it constaltly nags e to update to the latest firmware). I'm running atmosphere and fusee (kosmos dies for me could not boot cartbridges nor nsps).

Additionally when the console reaches 50% battery now it flahses as if it has no battery left, is there a way to reset this? (if i enter with the hekate payload to turn it of the battery % still is 50% as with the system OS yet when using the console it dies at 50%).

Last edited by Nkrlz,

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using KOSMOS v15.6, Atmosphere v0.11.1
System firmware: 10.0.1

I just set up emunand partition on my sd card using this guide.

I want to set up my Switch so that my sysnand is stock by downgrading it back to 3.0.2, my console's original firmware (i have the 3.0.2 nand backup, console currently 4 fuses burned, and always used no-gc).

I want my emunand to be custom firmware at 10.0.1.

How do I achieve this?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

What a bad time to come back to switch hacking :unsure:
I have a lot of questions, very sorry Drax.
I number them to make it easier to answer so you don't have to quote!
I did some reading in other threads, and think I gathered most answer and just want confirmations.
Some questions are really genuine as I don't know the answer yet. I thought I'd use the noob thread instead of creating a new thread as there are different subjects.

What I want:
I'm currently on 8.1 cfw sysmmc, with 4.1 clean backup/fuse.
I'd like to go with clean sysmmc for online (optionally homebrew for backing up my savegames), emummc for homebrew.

the questions now:

1- I thought I'd go to
kosmos 15.4 AMS10.5 with old esfs patches to not have to care about new loader's version dependent patches

But could I use latest AMS/Kosmos even with being on 9.2 and still use old esfs, or does new AMS11+ requires loader's patches ?
loader patches are only needed when being on HOS10 right? whether I am on AMS10 or AMS12, the patching method doesn't affect me if I'm still on HOS9.2?

2- a user said some homebrew didn't work on 9+
Should I stay on 8.2, or most (all?) incompatible homebrew have been fixed?

3- I thought to update sysmmc before doing the emu dump to partition. then restore my backup to 4.1 and officially update online to not use homebrew at all on ofw.
Maybe I should do the dump now on 8.2, and update emummc instead?

Should I update to 9.2 with old kosmos files and esfs patches for easy setup, or should I go to 10.x directly?
there are currently no 10.x mandatory games, but if it's on emuMMC I suppose installed games can have their required firmware version skipped?

I was planning to go to 9.2, but I wonder if 10 wouldn't be better as I'll go to 10 on sysmmc ofw too. I would have both sys and emu on the same version.

4- I've read the switch.homebrew.guide about updating with ChoixNX, and it tells to use a BIS flag because atmosphere prevent BIS writing.
I rarely saw that issue in the forum, are users really doing that ?
I didn't need that from 4.1 to 8.2
Do I really need to add the flag file?
I noticed AM10 contains an ini file option for that.
Does that option replace the flag file, or are they completely different things?
Is the guide old and not updated to reflect new AMS settings? is the flag still a thing in AMS or should I change the ini instead?

; Enable writing to BIS partitions for HBL.
; This is probably undesirable for normal usage.
enable_hbl_bis_write = u8!0x0

5- Do I have to redump some (bis) keys with lockpick_RCM?
are there new one since 8.2?
All guides provide steps for never hacked switch, but there are no guide for "updating an already hacked switch"...

6- Hekate says:
NOTE: You will need sept and a custom secmon and warmboot binary to boot > 7.0.0 or stock emuMMC.

I didn't see any guide talking about doing that secmon or warmboot binary dump or where to put files on SD, etc.
These are in fact part of atmosphere?
secmon=cfw/mods/exosphere.bin
warmboot=cfw/mods/lp0fw.bin

When I read hekate readme, when using fss0 it says it extracts warmboot and sept from secondary.bin
but when not using fss0 and booting directly with fuse-primary, are additional files required? it just use the one from primary, right?
warmboot and secmon are therefore never really needed, they are always part of atmosphere?

7- There are now two methods to apply patches on HOS10?
Haruko patches use recompiled AM modded sources loader.kip to remove acid checks and use the same old method with fss0, while raugo uses only ips patches like before HOS10 but for primary only?
Haruko, fs and acid, for secondary with fss0
Raugo, es, fs, loader ips, for primary only.

in both cases, patches will need a new update on each new AMS loader version?
so whatever the choice, it's the same inconvenient.

I think I prefer raugo's ips method to recompiled modded AMS binary from non official sources.

8- Hekate has the choice to use either fuse-primary as payload, or extract it (with fss0).
But why extract it instead of just booting it?

Edit:
Phoenix gave an info here

if not using fss0, we can't boot into cfw sysmmc, as fusée-primary always boot into emuMMC if present? (so it's like a missing option from atmosphere?)
with fusee-primary we can't use hekate's emummc_force_disable=1 ? it works only with secondary?

so it could be set like that :
fusee-primary : emuMMC (with ams ips patches from raugo)
fss0 : stock + disable emu (no need of patches, it's stock!)

which is what I'm looking for right now, I don't want to use cfw sysmmc so I don't need haruko's loader kip? ips are just enough.
Only cfw sysmmc requires haruko's loader kip? (to skip emummc if present on sd)

This is the default hekate ini from kosmos, do you think it looks fine if I change only the bold part? will cfw sysnand still work for savegame homebrew?
{--- Custom Firmware ---}
[CFW (SYSNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
fss0=atmosphere/fusee-secondary.bin
atmosphere=1
logopath=bootloader/bootlogo.bmp
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp
{}

[CFW (EMUMMC)]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin
atmosphere=1
{}

{--- Stock ---}
[Stock (SYSNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
{}

9- If I ever need to boot into cfw sysmmc, it will be mostly to backup/restore savegames using homebrew apps! not to install illegal games.
so I should be fine from ban, and I don't even need loader's ES or acid patches, right? I don't need the custom "loader.kip" at all which are only for illegal game install/launch?

Imagine I have the ips (from raugo) but no loader.kip
If I use HOS10.x/AMS12+ and I still boot cfw sysmmc using fusée-secondary but without loader.kip present, will it work and I just won't get "acid patches" applied? or not boot at all because it will detect loader ips and try to apply them? will other present ips will be applied, just not kip patches's ips?

I'm wondering why we can't use ips to patch kips fs and loader when using secondary, if other ips can be applied with secondary.

10- not my situation, but for users who still want loader.kip on sysMMC (for cfw sysMMC with es/fs patches)
can they have a mix of loader ips (when using primary) and loader kip (when using secondary) and ips/kip will be used only based on the boot choices?
Will the modded loader.kip present in kips folder not conflict when using fusée-primary?
I think when using primary, the fusée primary payload uses its own internal kip, right?
and when using fss0, hekate first extract each modules, and load custom kips if present instead of extracted ones?
so it shouldn't conflict.

It could be a good compromise for Kosmos and different boot choices.

11- Atmosphere used to have a "loader.ini" to change the default behavior to launch hbl.
the template provided in AMS10.5 is not named "loader.ini" anymore but "override_config".
readmes on AM github are not helpful or outdated. it still tak about loader.ini
If I want to change the button and app, I suppose I copy the override_config.ini from template to config folder without renaming to loader.ini?

12- To restore my clean 4.1 backup, do I need exFAT sdcard?
I still have my single file dump on exFAT, it's just something I'm wondering if users with split dump can restore it
Do I only need to move partition to restore folder? or everything?

I suppose boot0 and boot1 are also needed, and every other folders?
I'm not sure about file hierarchy to restore from hekate.
Is there a guide to restore?
edit : https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/nandrestore/

Thank you for reading all that (or not?).
You can skip some questions, and let other users answer them :)
For once, I'm the one asking instead of helping users! I hope my questions weren't too hard and I'll get answers I'm expecting (most question I'm almost certain of the answer, I just want confirmation).

Last edited by Cyan,

Tenwarrior

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello I got a question, suddenly my Animal Crossing file got corrupted in the Emunand using atmosphere there is a way I can restore it? or just start from the beggining again? I deleted and installed again the game but appear the msg "the software was closed because an error occurred"

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just one question, how doi remove the update firmware nag? (i connected my console to the internet and now it constaltly nags e to update to the latest firmware). I'm running atmosphere and fusee (kosmos dies for me could not boot cartbridges nor nsps).

Additionally when the console reaches 50% battery now it flahses as if it has no battery left, is there a way to reset this? (if i enter with the hekate payload to turn it of the battery % still is 50% as with the system OS yet when using the console it dies at 50%).
To remove the update nag, boot into maintenance mode. This is achieved by holding volume + and - when booting the console. Once you enter the maintenance menu screen, simply exit and the update nag will be gone. Be sure that the system update will not be redownloaded before entering maintenance mode otherwise the nag will return.

Using KOSMOS v15.6, Atmosphere v0.11.1
System firmware: 10.0.1

I just set up emunand partition on my sd card using this guide.

I want to set up my Switch so that my sysnand is stock by downgrading it back to 3.0.2, my console's original firmware (i have the 3.0.2 nand backup, console currently 4 fuses burned, and always used no-gc).

I want my emunand to be custom firmware at 10.0.1.

How do I achieve this?
Simply setup emuMMC then update it with the homebrew application ChoiDujourNX.

Hello,

What a bad time to come back to switch hacking :unsure:
I have a lot of questions, very sorry Drax.
I number them to make it easier to answer so you don't have to quote!
I did some reading in other threads, and think I gathered most answer and just want confirmations.
Some questions are really genuine as I don't know the answer yet. I thought I'd use the noob thread instead of creating a new thread as there are different subjects.

What I want:
I'm currently on 8.1 cfw sysmmc, with 4.1 clean backup/fuse.
I'd like to go with clean sysmmc for online (optionally homebrew for backing up my savegames), emummc for homebrew.

the questions now:

1- I thought I'd go to
kosmos 15.4 AMS10.5 with old esfs patches to not have to care about new loader's version dependent patches

But could I use latest AMS/Kosmos even with being on 9.2 and still use old esfs, or does new AMS11+ requires loader's patches ?
loader patches are only needed when being on HOS10 right? whether I am on AMS10 or AMS12, the patching method doesn't affect me if I'm still on HOS9.2?

2- a user said some homebrew didn't work on 9+
Should I stay on 8.2, or most (all?) incompatible homebrew have been fixed?

3- I thought to update sysmmc before doing the emu dump to partition. then restore my backup to 4.1 and officially update online to not use homebrew at all on ofw.
Maybe I should do the dump now on 8.2, and update emummc instead?

Should I update to 9.2 with old kosmos files and esfs patches for easy setup, or should I go to 10.x directly?
there are currently no 10.x mandatory games, but if it's on emuMMC I suppose installed games can have their required firmware version skipped?

I was planning to go to 9.2, but I wonder if 10 wouldn't be better as I'll go to 10 on sysmmc ofw too. I would have both sys and emu on the same version.

4- I've read the switch.homebrew.guide about updating with ChoixNX, and it tells to use a BIS flag because atmosphere prevent BIS writing.
I rarely saw that issue in the forum, are users really doing that ?
I didn't need that from 4.1 to 8.2
Do I really need to add the flag file?
I noticed AM10 contains an ini file option for that.
Does that option replace the flag file, or are they completely different things?
Is the guide old and not updated to reflect new AMS settings? is the flag still a thing in AMS or should I change the ini instead?

; Enable writing to BIS partitions for HBL.
; This is probably undesirable for normal usage.
enable_hbl_bis_write = u8!0x0

5- Do I have to redump some (bis) keys with lockpick_RCM?
are there new one since 8.2?
All guides provide steps for never hacked switch, but there are no guide for "updating an already hacked switch"...

6- Hekate says:
NOTE: You will need sept and a custom secmon and warmboot binary to boot > 7.0.0 or stock emuMMC.

I didn't see any guide talking about doing that secmon or warmboot binary dump or where to put files on SD, etc.
These are in fact part of atmosphere?
secmon=cfw/mods/exosphere.bin
warmboot=cfw/mods/lp0fw.bin

When I read hekate readme, when using fss0 it says it extracts warmboot and sept from secondary.bin
but when not using fss0 and booting directly with fuse-primary, are additional files required? it just use the one from primary, right?
warmboot and secmon are therefore never really needed, they are always part of atmosphere?

7- There are now two methods to apply patches on HOS10?
Haruko patches use recompiled AM modded sources loader.kip to remove acid checks and use the same old method with fss0, while raugo uses only ips patches like before HOS10 but for primary only?
Haruko, fs and acid, for secondary with fss0
Raugo, es, fs, loader ips, for primary only.

in both cases, patches will need a new update on each new AMS loader version?
so whatever the choice, it's the same inconvenient.

I think I prefer raugo's ips method to recompiled modded AMS binary from non official sources.

8- Hekate has the choice to use either fuse-primary as payload, or extract it (with fss0).
But why extract it instead of just booting it?

Edit:
Phoenix gave an info here

if not using fss0, we can't boot into cfw sysmmc, as fusée-primary always boot into emuMMC if present? (so it's like a missing option from atmosphere?)
with fusee-primary we can't use hekate's emummc_force_disable=1 ? it works only with secondary?

so it could be set like that :
fusee-primary : emuMMC (with ams ips patches from raugo)
fss0 : stock + disable emu (no need of patches, it's stock!)

which is what I'm looking for right now, I don't want to use cfw sysmmc so I don't need haruko's loader kip? ips are just enough.
Only cfw sysmmc requires haruko's loader kip? (to skip emummc if present on sd)

This is the default hekate ini from kosmos, do you think it looks fine if I change only the bold part? will cfw sysnand still work for savegame homebrew?
{--- Custom Firmware ---}
[CFW (SYSNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
atmosphere=1
{}

[CFW (EMUMMC)]
payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee-primary.bin
atmosphere=1

{}

{--- Stock ---}
[Stock (SYSNAND)]
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
{}

9- If I ever need to boot into cfw sysmmc, it will be mostly to backup/restore savegames using homebrew apps! not to install illegal games.
so I should be fine from ban, and I don't even need loader's ES or acid patches, right? I don't need the custom "loader.kip" at all which are only for illegal game install/launch?

Imagine I have the ips (from raugo) but no loader.kip
If I use HOS10.x/AMS12+ and I still boot cfw sysmmc using fusée-secondary but without loader.kip present, will it work and I just won't get "acid patches" applied? or not boot at all because it will detect loader ips and try to apply them? will other present ips will be applied, just not kip patches's ips?

I'm wondering why we can't use ips to patch kips fs and loader when using secondary, if other ips can be applied with secondary.

10- not my situation, but for users who still want loader.kip on sysMMC (for cfw sysMMC with es/fs patches)
can they have a mix of loader ips (when using primary) and loader kip (when using secondary) and ips/kip will be used only based on the boot choices?
Will the modded loader.kip present in kips folder not conflict when using fusée-primary?
I think when using primary, the fusée primary payload uses its own internal kip, right?
and when using fss0, hekate first extract each modules, and load custom kips if present instead of extracted ones?
so it shouldn't conflict.

It could be a good compromise for Kosmos and different boot choices.

11- Atmosphere used to have a "loader.ini" to change the default behavior to launch hbl.
the template provided in AMS10.5 is not named "loader.ini" anymore but "override_config".
readmes on AM github are not helpful or outdated. it still tak about loader.ini
If I want to change the button and app, I suppose I copy the override_config.ini from template to config folder without renaming to loader.ini?

12- To restore my clean 4.1 backup, do I need exFAT sdcard?
I still have my single file dump on exFAT, it's just something I'm wondering if users with split dump can restore it
Do I only need to move partition to restore folder? or everything?

I suppose boot0 and boot1 are also needed, and every other folders?
I'm not sure about file hierarchy to restore from hekate.
Is there a guide to restore?
edit : https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/extras/nandrestore/

Thank you for reading all that (or not?).
You can skip some questions, and let other users answer them :)
For once, I'm the one asking instead of helping users! I hope my questions weren't too hard and I'll get answers I'm expecting (most question I'm almost certain of the answer, I just want confirmation).
Hey, I'm not the only one who answers questions here :P
  1. The loader patches are only required if the firmware you are booting is 10.0 or higher. Of course, all of the patches threads with the custom loader.kip already come with the necessary patches for all firmware versions below 10.0
  2. This depends on the homebrew application and if it is regularly updated. Tinfoil for example has been depreciated for over a year now and since Adubbz has not updated it, it no longer works on firmware 9.0 or higher (not to be confused with blawar's DZ). I also believe nxmtp has not been updated recently although not sure if someone patched it for higher firmware versions since it is closed-source. Outside of those two, as long as the developer for that app has been somewhat active, it should have been updated to support more recent firmware versions
  3. This all depends on your goals. You can only go online with one eMMC whether it is sysMMC or emuMMC. People gravitate towards sysMMC since it can be launched without CFW but emuMMC is just as safe since so far no one has been banned for using CFW alone. If you wish to go online with emuMMC, then you should restore your clean backup and make the emuMMC partition. If you wish to go online with sysMMC, then you should setup emuMMC first then restore your clean backup.
  4. As of a certain Atmosphere version, it protects the BIS partitions by default. You can enable programs to write to it which the only one is ChoiDujourNX through that setting. Unfortunately I've actually never used ChoiDujourNX since the protection was put into place but you do need to enable that flag in the BCT.ini file in order for ChoiDujourNX to work
  5. The only keys that are added in higher firmware versions are the masterkeys and these may need to be up to date to decrypt more recent games. Unless you are involved with a lot of datamining, you do not need to dump your keys for higher firmware versions but it is an option
  6. As of firmware 7.0, Atmosphere uses the sept payload to bypass the TSEC requirement to boot CFW. As such, this change is required for any custom bootloader to launch into HOS including Hekate's Stock mode which is deceptively not entirely stock. When launching with Fusee_primary, you can only launch into CFW ergo you can never launch into Stock with Fusee_primary. This mode is certainly more similar to legacy support as before 7.0, Hekate could launch Stock mode without any additional files. The difference between Stock and CFW are the lack of all of the patches CFW provides except for the fuse check bypass
  7. Each set of patches are designed to work with the two different bootloaders for Atmopshere, Hekate or Fusee, more specifically the FS patches. Both load ES patches identically but the way each one handles FS is different enough that two different sets of patches are required. Now if you want the "best of both worlds", you can setup a Hekate config that launches Fusee_primary with the fusee patches but I personally see no use for Fusee as Hekate does everything Fusee does but better
  8. This is where the problems arise from mixing Hekate with Fusee. Hekate has its own share of config files which are used for directly booting Atmosphere. If you ditch those in favor of booting with Fusee, then you have to use Fusee's config files namely BCT.ini. And because of my dislike of Fusee, I have no idea how to configure these although I am aware that Fusee directly boots into emuMMC if it was setup properly in the BCT.ini file. Personally, you can do everything through Hekate alone to reduce the number of config files and payloads such as with the default Kosmos package
  9. The patches are not dependent on loader. The patched loader's job on firmware versions 10.0 or higher is to simply patch FS. The patches by themselves on firmware 10.0 are just ES patches used only for launching pirated .NSP files
  10. As I mentioned in point 8, its too much work for little benefit because you will have to micro manage two sets of config files as opposed to only dealing with either Fusee or Hekate
  11. Yes, Atmosphere has changed their config files multiple times due to differences in how title override is handled. Currently, its operated via the override_config file
  12. You do not need an exFAT sd card as Hekate supports split NAND dumps but if you do not want to go through the trouble of splitting the dump, then exFAT is fine for restoring the NAND as exFAT is unstable in HOS not Hekate. BOOT0/BOOT1 are also needed if the firmware of your backup is different than your current firmware. It should also go without saying that BOOT0/BOOT1 match the firmware of your NAND dump. Hekate will automatically create the proper file hierarchy if you try to restore and it fails.
Hello I got a question, suddenly my Animal Crossing file got corrupted in the Emunand using atmosphere there is a way I can restore it? or just start from the beggining again? I deleted and installed again the game but appear the msg "the software was closed because an error occurred"
Is it pirated or legitimate?

Reactions: Pluupy and Cyan

XenArtezie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Good day to everyone here. I am hopeful that you guys can help me out with the following.

Before anything, I will tell you my actual setup.

Firmware: 10.0.1.
Emunand: Yes.
CFW: Latest version of Neutos.
SD card: 128gb fat32 formatted.
Entrypoint: I followed the noob guide, using the KOSMOS default setup.

Ok, I will start.

Just a few moments ago I was playing Animal Crossing New Horizons, and just decided to play couch coop with my nephew when, suddenly, the game froze. I closed the game, and tried to play again but this error "unable to play this game" or something didn't let me, so I turned off my switch. When I loaded the neutos payload again I was greeted with an error page.

Error code: 2002-4373 (0x222a02)
Program: 010000000000001F
Firmware: 10.0.1 (NeutOS 0.12.0-neutos-a325c611)

An error has occurred.

The rest was just recommendations on refering to Nintendo Support and whatnot.

Now it won't let me load my emunand. I was planning to backup my sd setup, format my sd card and create a fresh emunand. Now, guys I ask you the following.

1. Is my emunand corrupted?
If yes, would only transferring my previous sd setup after creating a new emunand solve the issue? I don't mind losing my savefiles, as I just got into hacking my console 2 days ago. Getting the games again is the real pain here! I really would appreciate if an option to retain my installed games exists!

2. Was I not supposed to play couch coop?

Thanks! I hope you guys can help me with this. Have a nice one.

Last edited by XenArtezie,

ichidansan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I have a first run switch, on latest firmware and still able to use fuse-gelee. anywho following the switch homebrew guide and got to the safety precautions step 5." In Hekate, select ‘eMMC RAW GPP’ " and dont see that option. I performed the backup in the previous step which was only like 4mb each if that matters. can someone help point out what I may be doing wrong?

Random_Hobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really hoping someone sees this and can help me. I just bought a switch already hacked.i don't know much about it. Everything working fine I removed the sd card on accident and it forced me to restart. And now it won't turn on.i tried to connect it to my PC I can hear it connect but still no screen on. Also when I dock it the light flashes green... He didn't give me a rcm loader/jig so I'm hoping I just need one of those items.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Good day to everyone here. I am hopeful that you guys can help me out with the following.

Before anything, I will tell you my actual setup.

Firmware: 10.0.1.
Emunand: Yes.
CFW: Latest version of Neutos.
SD card: 128gb fat32 formatted.
Entrypoint: I followed the noob guide, using the KOSMOS default setup.

Ok, I will start.

Just a few moments ago I was playing Animal Crossing New Horizons, and just decided to play couch coop with my nephew when, suddenly, the game froze. I closed the game, and tried to play again but this error "unable to play this game" or something didn't let me, so I turned off my switch. When I loaded the neutos payload again I was greeted with an error page.

Error code: 2002-4373 (0x222a02)
Program: 010000000000001F
Firmware: 10.0.1 (NeutOS 0.12.0-neutos-a325c611)

An error has occurred.

The rest was just recommendations on refering to Nintendo Support and whatnot.

Now it won't let me load my emunand. I was planning to backup my sd setup, format my sd card and create a fresh emunand. Now, guys I ask you the following.

1. Is my emunand corrupted.
If yes, would only trasnferring my previous sd setup after creating a new emunand solve the issue? I don't mind losing my savefiles, as I just got into hacking my console 2 days ago. Getting the games again is the real pain here! I really would appreciate if an option to retain my installed games exists!

2. Was I not supposed to play couch coop?

Thanks! I hope you guys can help me with this. Have a nice one.
The problem is NEUTOS. Remove it and grab a fresh copy of Kosmos.

so I have a first run switch, on latest firmware and still able to use fuse-gelee. anywho following the switch homebrew guide and got to the safety precautions step 5." In Hekate, select ‘eMMC RAW GPP’ " and dont see that option. I performed the backup in the previous step which was only like 4mb each if that matters. can someone help point out what I may be doing wrong?
You mean you're telling me you don't see this screen under Tools -> Backup?
hekate_3.jpg
Really hoping someone sees this and can help me. I just bought a switch already hacked.i don't know much about it. Everything working fine I removed the sd card on accident and it forced me to restart. And now it won't turn on.i tried to connect it to my PC I can hear it connect but still no screen on. Also when I dock it the light flashes green... He didn't give me a rcm loader/jig so I'm hoping I just need one of those items.
You will need some way of entering RCM whether its a jig or equivalent and a way of pushing payloads such as with a dongle or USB-C cable.

Starforce2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys!
I need an all round explanation about "Using Sysnand and Emunand at the same time, and what to take note of when doing it"
Like if i only use cfw and any other unoffcial stuff on emunand while offline, but play normally on sysnand online, what are the chances of getting ban? What are the other downside of doing this? Will booting into sysnand burn fuses? How to prevent burning fuse if i want to play online (will booting into OFW while in SX OS works?)?

Last edited by Starforce2005,

ichidansan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously backup eMMC raw GPP is under backup eMMC...
well thanks for pointing that out, honestly I feel stupid since I followed the path to get the first backup, just missed it when first there and then while being overly cautious and following the guide it just says "In Hekate, select ‘eMMC RAW GPP’ " and I not seeing a path like previous steps thought it was just missing haha.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys!
I need an all round explanation about "Using Sysnand and Emunand at the same time, and what to take note of when doing it"
Like if i only use cfw and any other unoffcial stuff on emunand while offline, but play normally on sysnand online, what are the chances of getting ban? What are the other downside of doing this? Will booting into sysnand burn fuses? How to prevent burning fuse if i want to play online (will booting into OFW while in SX OS works?)?
The two rules to follow is that you do not go online with both sysMMC and emuMMC and that you never go online after using CFW & homebrew. The downside is that you will need space on your SD card to accommodate emuMMC. In order to prevent fuses from being burnt, you should enable AutoRCM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
    C @ Clayton44333: hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?