Homebrew RELEASE Switch library manager - easily manage your switch game backups

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
broken fork I would say, this one is unable to pick prod.keys no matter where I put them
Not sure about the available release. . Could very well be broken.

I built my own from source using go and the funky web thingie, astilectron. You might want to try that.

Unfortunately this is the most forward one I’ve been able to find.

youwilldienext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Not sure about the available release. . Could very well be broken.

I built my own from source using go and the funky web thingie, astilectron. You might want to try that.

Unfortunately this is the most forward one I’ve been able to find.
no problems with golang but I'll need to learn a bit about this frontend framework... hate frontend tbh

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no problems with golang but I'll need to learn a bit about this frontend framework... hate frontend tbh
It’s absolutely awful. Very tricky to get the version of framework and zipfile it try’s to download in sync. I dont recall exactly what I did that finally worked (I have notes somewhere) but I do recall dicking around with it for a solid hour and pulling my hair out due to the opaque nature of the frontend’s build process.

e: oh, and the overwriting of the config file with a blank template for any syntax error you might make is just cruel and unusual punishment.

e2: talking about the config file jogged my memory…I remember about the prod.keys thing now. It ONLY looks for them where it puts the default config file. It’s in your defined “home directory” and you cannot direct it to read from anywhere else.

Last edited by binkinator,
Reactions: youwilldienext

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any other tool like this? It kinda works, doesn't pick up some games tho which is bad.
One of a kind I’m afraid.

Nut.exe does a little bit but nothing else like SLM.
Post automatically merged:

Btw, this fork is a little better but you have to build it yourself. It’s a bit of a pain to do but it does work.

https://github.com/gregoo/switch-library-manager

Last edited by binkinator,
  • Sad
Reactions: scionae

mspy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry for the lack of updates, been busy at work/family.
If anyway can summaries what are the main issues with the latest version, i can fix these.

@giwty personally I have no major issues but I'd say to make sure the app is more future-proof you should change-fix how/where it grabs the game data because as blawar said here https://github.com/blawar/titledb/issues/16#issuecomment-1126731937 the files that SLM is using are not the standard anymore and there is no guarantee that they will always work.

Also if you have the time to address this would be great + adding new tabs for Publisher/Developer and the SIZE of the game would be most welcomed.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for checking in. As a horder, SLM is one of my favorite pieces of software!

I will run a representative portion of my stash through the current and report back.

Reactions: giwty and peteruk

giwty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@giwty personally I have no major issues but I'd say to make sure the app is more future-proof you should change-fix how/where it grabs the game data because as blawar said here https://github.com/blawar/titledb/issues/16#issuecomment-1126731937 the files that SLM is using are not the standard anymore and there is no guarantee that they will always work.

Also if you have the time to address this would be great + adding new tabs for Publisher/Developer and the SIZE of the game would be most welcomed.
Thanks for the support, will look into fixing these issues

UnT7oh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the lack of updates, been busy at work/family.
If anyway can summaries what are the main issues with the latest version, i can fix these.

Great to hear you're still going to maintain this, easily the best organizer out there. Here's a couple of issues that stand out to me:

1. When updated DLC is added for organization SLM won't delete the older version of DLC like it does for updates, resulting in many unnecessary outdated files being left over that need to be cleaned up manually.

2. Sparse base titles are titles that are unplayable without an update and have been used increasingly over the last year or so, their version always exceeds v0 but gets renamed to v0 by SLM.

W0rmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
It would be nice to see this updated.

For me:
Downloading versions fails, titles seems a bit hit and miss but does work most time
Even with latest keys it’s missing games (Pokémon Violet being the most modern, nothing in issues, nothing in logs)
I‘d like to rename my games by the version, amount of updates and DLC. (similar to SAK) if possible

Reactions: binkinator

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I found some bugs in this tool, I forked the original repository and will try to keep this amazing tool up to date with active development, here is my GitHub fork: liqen00/switch-library-manager
Thanks
Link to your fork: https://github.com/liqen00/switch-library-manager

I’ve been using this fork lately:

https://github.com/gregoo/switch-library-manager/tree/gregoo-patch-1

It bumps Astilectron, tweaks logs and titleID generation and some minor cosmetic stuffs.

Original author was away for a while but did check in just a bit before Christmas. We’ve not been abandoned! :-)

e: I got a new (to me) raspberry pi for Christmas w/ 8GB RAM and 2TB M2 drive so I can start shuffling my nsp/xci backup stash again. Will allow me to provide better feedback on this thread. My old pi was only 2G of RAM and it choked a lot trying to do library management.

W0rmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Unfortunately the new fork doesn't work properly. Not exactly portable as it ignores settings.json in the same directory and constantly reads them from c:\users\username\switch-library-manager.

After downloading the latest titles now get an error on launch 'invalid character 'b' looking for beginning of value'

So now it doesn't launch. I'll wait until something else comes out or there's a properly updated version.

KingsmanZer0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do ignore a game title update list. it can only ignore DLC so it does not show up on the list.
there is a game that says there is an update but there is not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @Psionic Roshambo sorry but im not that used to listening to non game music +1