Homebrew Are there any reliable Switch Library managers?

Stash23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Title;
I'm looking for a PC program to help manage my Switch titles. I need a program to provide information about previous, current, and upcoming titles, DLC, and updates. Then I would like it to cross-reference my library to find any missing items. I currently use Switch Library Manager but its very rough and I'm wondering if there's any alternatives to it.

Stash23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's rough exactly? IMO it's not so bad.
Well the UI can use some work, its readable, but not the best it could be. I occasionally run into UI bugs that requires a program restart for it to work properly. The pages buttons are at the button of the list instead of it being anchored some place at the top so scrolling down a list is a pain. When accessing the next page of the list, it doesn't reset to the top and instead stays stuck at the bottom for me to scroll back up.

My personal complaint is I cannot have it "ignore issues". I pride myself in collecting *ALL* versions of a game's updates and DLCs but SLM records it as an "issue" labeling it as "old update/DLC file, newer exists locally". And because it reads it as an issue, SLM's internal renaming tool skips over those items.

Again, its a rough tool. I don't necessarily think its the worst so I have been managing the best I could with it but I'm curious if there's alternatives.

adac69

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
thank you, this is at least useable compared to what i was using before, still got some issues tho. also im not sure how smart it is to share a prodkeys file.

Reactions: mathew77

ivaano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've created a library manager because I had some of the issues as OP, it is web based because I wanted it to be on my container server, it gets the data from the files (nsp,nsz,xcz,xci) thanks to libhac, and aggregates info from titledb. You can sort and filter and view missing dlc/updates from your games.

I can't post links but you can get it from github ivaano/NsxLibraryManager

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've created a library manager because I had some of the issues as OP, it is web based because I wanted it to be on my container server, it gets the data from the files (nsp,nsz,xcz,xci) thanks to libhac, and aggregates info from titledb. You can sort and filter and view missing dlc/updates from your games.

I can't post links but you can get it from github ivaano/NsxLibraryManager
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see it on github at all....,I was gonna check it out, but no worries.

ivaano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe it's just me, but I don't see it on github at all....,I was gonna check it out, but no worries.
gh.png

I've checked with an incognito session and is there, maybe a typo?

Last edited by ivaano,
Reactions: BigOnYa

W0rmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
@ivaano
I don't suppose there's just a web version? Or a few more instructoins on how to get it running? Happy to spin up what ever tools it needs

Thanks!

grimson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@ivaano
I don't suppose there's just a web version? Or a few more instructoins on how to get it running? Happy to spin up what ever tools it needs

Thanks!
You can start the NsxLibraryManager.exe from a command prompt. This allows you to read the startup messages.
Make sure you have the required prerequisites installed:
https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/8.0
- https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/...u/runtime-desktop-8.0.0-windows-x64-installer
- https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/...runtime-aspnetcore-8.0.0-windows-x64-binaries
Maybe there could be another bundle but this seems to work for me.

Also make sure the appsettings.json contains valid paths. Edit this file with a txt editor.

Not required (i think) but recommended is a copy of prod.keys (not included) in the app folder.
This should get you started, please do start from command line to obtain any startup error.

Also when the app is starting you should see something like ' Now listening on: http://localhost:5000'
This means you can access the app on that URL within your browser. URL is clickable (CTRL and click on linke)

Reactions: ashven288

ivaano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@ivaano

Thanks!
Instructions are on the Github page, but basically what has been said by grimson, download the release, edit the appsettings.json, and then you can just double click on the exe file, and it will run the webserver, then open the default url localhost:5000.

prodkeys are required, if you want to use the library, they can be specified in the appsettings.json file or they can be placed in your user\.switch folder like other tools. If no prodkeys are found you can still use it to browse titledb.

This are the settings and brief description:

• Download the latest release
  • Extract the zip/gz file
  • Open appsettings.json and customize it to your needs:
    • TitleDatabase: Path where the db file is going to be stored, this is required and must end with .db (c:\nsxlibmanager\data.db). Use a fast drive for this file, like a NVMe.
    • LibraryPath: Path to your library. (c:\path\to\your\dumps)
    • Recursive: If true, it will search recursively in the library path.
    • TitleDbPath: Path where we are going to download titledb json Files to add them to the db.
    • RegionUrl: Url to download the region file.
    • CnmtsUrl: Url to download the cnmts file.
    • VersionUrl: Url to download the version file.
    • Regions: List of regions to download.
    • ProdKeys: Path to your prod.keys file, if this value is not set, program will look in the same folder as the executable, or you can put them in $HOME/.switch/prod.keys.

Reactions: grimson

W0rmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Thanks - I'll give it a whirl.
Post automatically merged:

I have given it a whirl and it looks good! Really good (and quite sad as there's a billion updates!)

Possibly just me but it ignores the title.db location and puts them in the directory of the exe but that is no probs really.

Thanks for that @ivaano really good work and thanks both @ivaano and @grimson for the instructions they helped a lot.

P.S. Minor things for me - an export function would be good and also it doesn't seem to remember how you had your columns / sorting done each time (i.e. if I sort by game name and remove say the title ID column on the next restart of the server it reverts to defaults).

Last edited by W0rmy,
Reactions: grimson

ivaano

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Possibly just me but it ignores the title.db location and puts them in the directory of the exe but that is no probs really.
I think the path you set on the json file should be escaped, as there are no assumptions made or default locations for where the db will be stored, Next release will include among other things a page where settings can be set and validated, so no need to edit appsettings before launching the app the first time.

What I've seen works for me on windows/linux is the forward slash, for instance in a windows box I have this config:

{ "NsxLibraryManager": { "TitleDatabase": "I:/titledb/titles.db", "LibraryPath": "N:/dumps", "Recursive": true, "DownloadSettings": { "TimeoutInSeconds": 100, "TitleDbPath": "I:/titledb/", "RegionUrl": ".../titledb/master/{region}.en.json", "CnmtsUrl": ".../titledb/master/cnmts.json", "VersionsUrl": ".../titledb/master/versions.json", "Regions": [ "US" ] } } }

you can try with forward slash or escape your backslash "I:\\titledb\\titles.db"

W0rmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Thanks - I'll give it a go though it's fine as is. For me there are only really minor niggles with the interface on restart but that's hardly a show stopper. Thanks for the work on this I'll certainly keep using it :)

bigfella35uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have done everything as above but the exe just flashes up and nothing happens when I try and run the local host from chrome. Any ideas?

grimson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have done everything as above but the exe just flashes up and nothing happens when I try and run the local host from chrome. Any ideas?
Please start Switch-Library-Manager.exe from a command line. For me this helped in showing additional 'errors' which helped me eventually start the app/webserver.

Also I had to place the folder in this location. No matter what I put in the settings.json it reverted to this folder -> C:\Users\%username%\switch-library-manager

bigfella35uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please start Switch-Library-Manager.exe from a command line. For me this helped in showing additional 'errors' which helped me eventually start the app/webserver.

Also I had to place the folder in this location. No matter what I put in the settings.json it reverted to this folder -> C:\Users\%username%\switch-library-manager
I was talking about NSx LIbrary Manager. Either way I got it to work in command promt and then loaded up the webpage. However it now gets stuck when scanning my library and scans nothing. At present all my games are in their own folders including updates and dlcs. I am pointing it to the drive E:\ but it just gets stuck?
Post automatically merged:

forget the above. Seemed to be a lag as now scanning

Last edited by bigfella35uk,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think Switch 2 will launch about Christmas this year lol