Hacking Swiss announced by emu_kidid - Successor of SD-Boot

Saoron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Is anyone else having alot of issues with luigi's mansion?

dude, i gave up with luigi's mansion. I had better compatability with SDboot 0.2/0.3. The game would always freeze when Luigi was walking up to the mansion with SWISS. On SDboot, it managed to get further, but would constantly freeze right after beating the 2nd boss. Highly suggest you just stick to Dolphin for this game. Other than those 'movie' freezes, the game would run fine though.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's not a wiikey, it's a wiikey memory card to sd card adapater. Put some homebrew on it and try with HBC. Sometimes you need to put it a few times until it's recognised.

linkz4461

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiPower said:
It's not a wiikey, it's a wiikey memory card to sd card adapater. Put some homebrew on it and try with HBC. Sometimes you need to put it a few times until it's recognised.

Ok, sorry about that. I just called it wiikey because it says wiikey on the unit. I put the swiss.dol file on the root of my sd and keep trying to get it to load but it wont. Also when I click the 1 button at the HBC main screen it doesnt give me the option to select gecko sd. May this be a bad unit?? I do not believe it is the SD card.. it works perfect on my computer.

linkz4461

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried again, and it being pushed in wasn't the problem. I really don't know what it could be other than the unit. I can't imagine the unit being faulty, though, it came in a nice sealed package that looked like it had never even been used before.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
PsyBlade said:
Could be the formatting of the sd card too.
Don't know how it's ought to be though.
Plain FAT32 should work. Of course, the SD card needs an \apps\\boot.dol file, but I guess that's taken care off.

Oh, and of course the HBC needs to be the latest version (1.0.8)...I'm not sure, but I think the earlier ones don't recognize an SD gecko.

But other than that, and suggesting to try the other memory card slot...I'm out of options.

Of course it could be a manufacturing error. those things can happen.

linkz4461

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It requires a a boot.dol in that location to work? What boot.dol do I need? And right now it's formatted for FAT. Should I reformat to FAT32?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
linkz4461 said:
It requires a a boot.dol in that location to work? What boot.dol do I need? And right now it's formatted for FAT. Should I reformat to FAT32?
For the apps to show up in the homebrew channel, the sd card in the SD Gecko need to be set up the same as with a regular sd card you plug right in to the Wii. For example, you could put cfg usb loader in /apps/usbloader/boot.dol

The parts in bold are the important parts, the name in the middle could be anything you want, the boot.dol is the dol of whatever app you want to load.

To make sure you have the card set up right, just put the sd card in to the front slot of the wii and see if your apps show up on the homebrew channel.

linkz4461

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
linkz4461 said:
For the apps to show up in the homebrew channel, the sd card in the SD Gecko need to be set up the same as with a regular sd card you plug right in to the Wii. For example, you could put cfg usb loader in /apps/usbloader/boot.dol

The parts in bold are the important parts, the name in the middle could be anything you want, the boot.dol is the dol of whatever app you want to load.

To make sure you have the card set up right, just put the sd card in to the front slot of the wii and see if your apps show up on the homebrew channel.

Oh I didn't know that is what you meant. I have another SD card for that, though. The SD card in the gecko just has the swiss.dol and the gamecube game on it.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK, well to make sure the SD gecko is working, put your other SD card (the one you use for apps) in it and see if you can get to it on the homebrew channel, if you can, then the sd gecko is working properly.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MEGAMANTROTSKY said:
Sheimi said:
Please slap me if this is a stupid question. Is this for the wii?
Yes, it is. No slap is necessary.

Edit: It's originally for Gamecube. But I think there is a Wii version.

Close. You need a special loader to load the gamecube version on the Wii. Look for "Wii Swiss Booter", the GC homebrew launcher might work, but i expect issues there. Both need a GC homebrew compatible cMIOS to be installed.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
WiiPower said:
MEGAMANTROTSKY said:
Sheimi said:
Please slap me if this is a stupid question. Is this for the wii?
Yes, it is. No slap is necessary.

Edit: It's originally for Gamecube. But I think there is a Wii version.

Close. You need a special loader to load the gamecube version on the Wii. Look for "Wii Swiss Booter", the GC homebrew launcher might work, but i expect issues there. Both need a GC homebrew compatible cMIOS to be installed.
Wii and GC use the same version. And yes you need a cMIOS and the wii swiss booter app to boot on a wii. Just google Wii swiss guide, theres a good tut in ---

Edit: its wiihacks not ---
Edit2: http://www.wiihacks.com/other-faq-guides-t...r-new-post.html

Sc4rFac3d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Stupid question but, will this still load GC backups burned to DVD-R if you have the newer Wii Drive? I'm already in possession of a GC SD adapter.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Sc4rFac3d said:
Stupid question but, will this still load GC backups burned to DVD-R if you have the newer Wii Drive? I'm already in possession of a GC SD adapter.

Nop. It will read only original Nintendo discs (in swiss which is, GC mode)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month...