Misc Swapnote "sender not on your friend list" notes

Boblerette

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, in short, ever since downloading Netpass, I've been receiving a bunch of swapnotes from people that aren't on my friends list via "streetpass" (netpass). I know for certain that they're not on my friends list because I recently switched to Pretendo and therefore I don't have anyone on my friends list. My question is: how are they doing that? Can I do that too?

Slade.AU

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Australia
If you create a new message in Swapnote, and then run Netpass your message will be "sent" to random people. You won't know that they get it, but they will. I have more than one 3DS and I managed to get the message from one 3DS to the other via Netpass, several weeks after I sent it.

Essentially your message, along with any other messages are stored on the Netpass server and it "matches" with other people who use Netpass. When you (or they) run Netpass and you download the data, it includes a random number of other people's Swapnote messages.

Essentially the CECD file on your 3DS is updated with data from the Netpass server. The 3DS in this case can't stop the file from being updated and just accepts / loads any messages provided to it.

If you have Swapnote on your 3DS, I don't think you can do anything to block these messages. You'd have to remove Swapnote (via FBI) to stop getting the messages. And no, you don't seem to be able to block individual people, as the messages come through effectively anonymously (as far as I can tell).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty you could get the basic idea watching a few episodes