Homebrew Swap DRC for Wii U - Switch your Wii U's TV display onto the Gamepad!

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
never had those issues to idk what you are talking about...
I have tried to run MK8 mods trying to boot into cfw on launching cbhc and then going into homebrew to launch sdcaffine and it freezes on the wiiu logo. I'm sure I was having issues with this or it may of been with running just mocha and using sdcaffine I cant remember now which one I will try it later.

Kleyon

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Really interesting ! This could be really cool if we can use it on vWii for GameCube games too :) But I think I'm dreaming since WiiU Gamepad isn't supported on vWii AFAIK. Or Maybe it is already possible ?! : https://gbatemp.net/threads/vwii-with-wii-u-gamepad-progress.362261/#post-6616023

Edit : Concerning what is shown on TV screen, author stated this on Youtube comments : "Yeh whenever the gamepad switches to whatever is on the TV, the TV will switch to whatever is on the gamepad as well."

Last edited by Kleyon,
Reactions: Super1710

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Kleyon

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if @Maschell would be interested in this development?

I can envisage something like hid2vpad where you run a HB app prior to your game and it patches the next thing you run to include this swap DRC method.

Such excitement!

Deleted member 42501

Trophies
XP
Now if only we could turn OFF the mirrored game pad display on Super Mario 3D World as its quite irritating looking at the exact same pic as your tv for no apparent reason most of the time.

Super1710

Trophies
XP
Country
Really interesting ! This could be really cool if we can use it on vWii for GameCube games too :) But I think I'm dreaming since WiiU Gamepad isn't supported on vWii AFAIK. Or Maybe it is already possible ?! : https://gbatemp.net/threads/vwii-with-wii-u-gamepad-progress.362261/#post-6616023

Edit : Concerning what is shown on TV screen, author stated this on Youtube comments : "Yeh whenever the gamepad switches to whatever is on the TV, the TV will switch to whatever is on the gamepad as well."

So someone already made something to control vWii from the Wii U gamepad. I'd kill for the ability to do this.

Maschell

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I wonder if @Maschell would be interested in this development?

I can envisage something like hid2vpad where you run a HB app prior to your game and it patches the next thing you run to include this swap DRC method.

Such excitement!

I didn't test it, but in theory swapping the screens should be rather simple.

Reactions: KiiWii

Super1710

Trophies
XP
Country
They replaced all of the gamepad button stuff with classic controller button stuff.

They didn't do that, they just converted the gamepads inputs to classic controller inputs without putting "classic controller button stuff" in the console.

Gamer4647

Trophies
XP
Country
I remember when I was asking about this in the homebrew suggestion thread a while ago, and it's finally a thing. Once I get around to blocking the BS 5.5.2 update, I'll give this a try. (Yes, I know it isn't out until Friday. ( >.<))

CuriousTommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The creator of the app posted an update. So we apparently have the option to also use TCPGecko or TCPGecko with Caffeine. There are also some nice Splatoon specific features!

However, this application demonstrates the biggest problem I have with Wii U hacks. You can only use one application that uses memory hacks. If you use another one with resetting, the Wii U crashes.

It makes me wish that there was a plugin system for the Wii U that would allow multiple mods to exist peacefully (kind of like the plugin system for hacked PlayStation devices).

Reactions: KiiWii

C0mm4nd_

Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Italy
The creator of the app posted an update. So we apparently have the option to also use TCPGecko or TCPGecko with Caffeine. There are also some nice Splatoon specific features!

However, this application demonstrates the biggest problem I have with Wii U hacks. You can only use one application that uses memory hacks. If you use another one with resetting, the Wii U crashes.

It makes me wish that there was a plugin system for the Wii U that would allow multiple mods to exist peacefully (kind of like the plugin system for hacked PlayStation devices).
It will exist (soonTM)

Super1710

Trophies
XP
Country

Does that mean if I used this mod with a smash bros. character mod for example (I know using this mod for smash is useless but I haven't touched any other mods so thats all I can think of) you can't have both at the one time? There probably isn't many games with mods that benefit from this tool to begin with, I'm just wondering.

vgmoose

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Looks great! Will be a very cool app.

soon! (tm): https://github.com/QuarkTheAwesome/COSSubstrate

There's actually a demo module that shows how the function hooking works, and here's an image of what that looks like.

@QuarkTheAwesome has kinda moved onto other equally cool things, but it is open source and if people showed interest in it, maybe something could happen. (And it's not hard to imagine these modules (Screen swapping, custom splatoon controls, etc) running at boot via CBHC, allowing for an environment like on iOS with Cydia Substrate).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up