Homebrew svdt: save data explorer/manager

chaojimbo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly do you mean by that? I'm using acnl.
That's strange.

What he meant was, you know how if you open Super Smash Bros. and Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate on an old 3DS, it takes a *VERY* long time to open and close? That's because the game is entering an "extended RAM" state, using more of the resources. On a New 3DS, it handles this differently I would assume. I know that the N3DS can open up Miiverse and such while in those games while the O3DS can't.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
@chaojimbo no, those game won't take more time to boot, they make svdt unable to use the screens.
What exactly do you mean by that? I'm using acnl.
Oh sorry, forgot about that game; for some reason it has problems with svdt even though it isn't an N3ds enhanced game: https://github.com/meladroit/svdt/wiki/List-of-problematic-(and-non-problematic)-games

I've been told it works fine with N3ds though.

Since some games don't handle gfxInitDefault() well for some reason (Animal Crossing: New Leaf is a prominent example), svdt has some emergency operations available for all games. Since the homebrew launcher doesn't care about the L/R shoulder buttons, these are ideal for binding to functions that need to be executed before the application gets to gfxInitDefault().

• svdt automatically backs up all save data at startup into a time-stamped folder in the SD card (ex. sd:/svdt/Cubic Ninja/20151021_060942/). If this behaviour is undesirable, put a non-empty file with the name 'disable_auto_backups' (no extension) in the same directory as the svdt executable, and svdt will back up data at startup only if the left shoulder button is held down.
  • Hold down the right shoulder button while starting svdt to dump the contents of sd:/svdt_inject/ into the target save data. If no directory named svdt_inject exists in the SD root, nothing is attempted.

Last edited by suloku,

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
I gave a full response pointing to the exact reason why that happens and how svdt is programmed to workaround it, but well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If I format my sysnand, will I be able to reimport my saves (.cia's) afterwords?
I'm on 9.0 N3DSXL.
Thanks!
Why don't you just use savedatafiler? It's a official tool for savegames that works with them all and can even reset secure value.

Whole lotta love

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I gave a full response pointing to the exact reason why that happens and how svdt is programmed to workaround it, but well.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why don't you just use savedatafiler? It's a official tool for savegames that works with them all and can even reset secure value.

I didn't want to back each one up individually :)

Edit: Are you referring to the Save Data Transfer Tool on the eShop?

Last edited by Whole lotta love,

Whole lotta love

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, he's refering to "savedatafiler", exactly as he just said! You should look for it on your own account!

I was a little confused because I couldn't find the file but I found it now, thank you. Will I be able to import these saves after doing a system memory format?

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I was a little confused because I couldn't find the file but I found it now, thank you. Will I be able to import these saves after doing a system memory format?
I guess these are still compatibles, even with another cartridges or digital (same game and region) and consoles (with "savedatafiler" too)!

Last edited by fmkid,

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I decided to download the latest release. Is there any way I can turn off the automatic backup? It's cluttering up my SD and screwing with the way I organize my backups.

Last edited by Blazingflare,

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Read the readme.
Thank you. I didn't realize you updated the readme.
One other question. What does the readme mean by "put a non-empty file"? Should I make a random file and fill it with some garbage data, or is a 32 bit blank file enough?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. I didn't realize you updated the readme.
One other question. What does the readme mean by "put a non-empty file"? Should I make a random file and fill it with some garbage data, or is a 32 bit blank file enough?
Put something in the file, even if it's just a letter.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so i was trying to backup my save of resident evil revelations (digital) and svdt wouldn't really start. i got the somewhat glitchy topscreen like normal but then it got stuck on a mostly black topscreen with only the wifi light blinking.
is that game a problem case or are digital games just not meant for this?

costas94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tajikistan
Hello everyone. First of all I want to thank every individual that has worked on this great piece of software, it's really handy indeed. However, there's a problem (at least for me) with the latest version v0.10.42b of svdt and MH4U. When I launch svdt and select MH4U in the title selection screen, svdt launches like in the attached screenshot below. Note that I can't move the cursor on the top screen and that the text is not colored. Also, those <> signs on the bottom screen is a result of me pushing left/right on the dpad to try and change title. If I press B, to skip the title selection, I still can't move the top screen cursor. This results in not being able to import back the save, exporting works normally. Some further details about the system I'm on:

- N3DS XL with firmware 9.9.0-26E
- MH4U Digital Edition (MH4U Limited Edition N3DS XL bundle)
- Masher's HBL (beta 30) is being used
- Version v0.10.42a detects the title as expected and stores the saves in the /svdt/MONSTER HUNTER 4 ULTIMATE/ folder. On v0.10.42b saves are stored in /svdt/ folder and the MONSTER HUNTER 4 ULTIMATE folder is not being created at all (I guess it's because the title is not being detected correctly).

I hope this helps you detect the issue. Thank you very much! :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_20151013_161514.jpg
    IMG_20151013_161514.jpg
    655.7 KB · Views: 415
Last edited by costas94,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1