• Thread starter sumarth
  • Start date
  • Views 4,600
  • Replies 23
S

sumarth

OP
maybe we will get some new good featues to compete with the supercard dstwo
well im not that happybecause my new m3i zero i ordered is obsolete before it comes
(if it ever comes - i bought from dx)

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude be happy about this. The Supercard might be great but its a battery life sucker. The m3 is good for its battery life and its perfect game compatibility.

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What features does the Supercard have that the M3 doesn't?

Edit: Besides the gba emulator(battery sucker)

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magmorph said:
What features does the Supercard have that the M3 doesn't?

GBA Emulator. Play AVI and other video formats. SNES Emulator. More CPU And Ram for future homebrews. SupercardDSTwo not SUpercardDSone.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy/pasta from front page-

1. RealTime Functions: RealTime Save, RealTime Game Guide(txt,bmp,jpg) & RealTime Cheat. (More stable, more easy to use, cheat code compatible with R4 and TT now)
2. Multi Saves (Up to 4 slot), Easy to backup and restore saves.
4. Unlimited MicroSD storage space support. SDHC support. FAT or FAT32.
5. Multiple languages (English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, French, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Spanish)
6. Built-in GBA/SNES Emulator.
7. Action Slow Motion (4 levels,).
8. File Management System (Copy, Paste, Cut and Delete, long file name support).
9. eBook (BMP, JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIF, GIF, TXT, PDF).

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RealTime Cheat? What u would pull up a menu during the game to active cheats?
M3i take Up to 3 slots
8. File Management System (Copy, Paste, Cut and Delete, long file name support).
m3i only got delete, long file name support.
RealTime Game Guide(txt,bmp,jpg) M3i only got text.

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll just say that Sakura is a much prettier interface... Not that we know if the SuperCardTwo will have a new interface or not but...

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Real Time cheats works that way, yes. As does the real time save. You hit a button combination (like L+R+Select+Up or something like that) and it pauses the game and brings up a new menu. There, you can select cheats on the fly. Same goes for any other real time features like saving and the guide.

As for the GUI interface, it's pretty obvious that they will indeed make a new one. Perhaps based on the iPlayer firmware. They've already taken other fan complaints to heart, and the GUI was one of the biggest complaints. It's a really old version of moonshell, it's got to go. And there's no way in hell they WOULDN'T update that. It would be like putting a new radio, engine, and all other epic new internal parts in a really busted up piece of junk car. Rusty, old, falling apart. Same logic, see?

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if this is faster, nicer gui then it will be FUCKING AWESOME, but if not i'll wait for an update that gives it a nicer faster gui before even considering this awesomeness

swornsecrets

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If its fast, and doesnt drain my battery and has the GBA game emu on it then I will be getting it. I love my M3i so if its anything like that then it will be perfect I just pray for frequent updates. Can't wait till they announce a date.

S

sumarth

OP
well, some of the stuff is software features, so M3 team, please add the updates to Sakura, or pay somebody else to do it
I was thinking of a dsonei when i ordered my m3i zero
now i am really happy i didnt buy a dsonei
the iplayer is pretty expensive vs other cards (except cyclods), i wonder how much the supercard dstwo will cost
i dont have the money to buy a new card often ... i just upgraded to m3i zerotelling my friends it was the best dsi card on the market .. and now turns out we have supercard dstwoi as soon as i order a m3i zero
but thinking again, I probably would never use the gba/nes/snes emulator anyway
who cares, at least sakura is nice to use .. just like my moonshell rom load i set up on my dstti

Magmorph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
Copy/pasta from front page-

1. RealTime Functions: RealTime Save, RealTime Game Guide(txt,bmp,jpg) & RealTime Cheat. (More stable, more easy to use, cheat code compatible with R4 and TT now)
2. Multi Saves (Up to 4 slot), Easy to backup and restore saves.
4. Unlimited MicroSD storage space support. SDHC support. FAT or FAT32.
5. Multiple languages (English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, French, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Spanish)
6. Built-in GBA/SNES Emulator.
7. Action Slow Motion (4 levels,).
9. eBook (BMP, JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIF, GIF, TXT, PDF).
Can't M3 do all of these things except for emulate GBA?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supercard DSTwo has a better future. More homebrews for it are going to happen because it has its own built in CPU and RAM. You can't compare the M3i Zero to this, because the SDSTWO will definitely win. It also has every movie format support(almost)

S

sumarth

OP
well, if m3 team can keep sakura the best, many people (like me) who don't need so much advanced homebrew might still buy an m3i, but only if it has the best gui, and if supercard uses the same dsonei gui, which i doubt, m3i may be reasonable if the supercard is expensive
but probably they will build on the iplayer's gui

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
Supercard DSTwo has a better future. More homebrews for it are going to happen because it has its own built in CPU and RAM. You can't compare the M3i Zero to this, because the SDSTWO will definitely win. It also has every movie format support(almost)
That will only happen if a SDK for it gets released...

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
stab244 said:
jakob95 said:
That will only happen if a SDK for it gets released...
Well it is more likely they would for this than the iPlayer since this is ment to run commercial roms as well.
tongue.gif
Still they might not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...