Does this mangled SuperCard DSTWO hold any value?

Do you think this cart still holds any value?

• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
OP
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
So, basically, the story is this. I bought this SuperCard DSTWO many years ago while they were still in production. I'm the sole owner and user. From normal use, the front of the cart eventually loosened and fell off. I continued to use it for a quite a while by sandwiching it together and putting it in the console, but the front shell is so brittle because of the thin plastic and the cutouts that it eventually further fell apart. The cart, in this shape, still can be used but it's a bit of a pain. I never bothered gluing it together even though that would probably work. The board isn't clean but cleaning it would be a fairly easy task.

I have other carts in my collection and don't really have an everyday use for this anymore, so I wonder if this cart would be useful or valuable to anyone who needs an SCDS2 specifically for some reason and can't find one or can't afford one. I'm leaning towards selling it now, but I'm not sure if anyone would have any interest in this condition. Let me know.

I'm not willing to give it away because it's not totally useless to me, but I'm willing to likely sell it for a good price if it feels plausible.

Sorry for the blurry photos, my phone sucks at taking photos of small things/focusing on them.

1.png2.png3.png

Last edited by AkikoKumagara,

skawo

Trophies
XP
Country
Could 3D print a new shell and it'd be good as new. The DSTWOs are pretty rare, so, yeah. It's definitely still worth something.

Reactions: emcintosh

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those carts are still very useful for emulating many game consoles. I desperately want one, but they're too expensive. One day I'll probably do a WTT here and swap out one of my flashcarts.

Had no idea the Supercard DSTwo had become so sought after. After reading your post I went over to ebay and searched it ... there's one with a $150 buy now. WTF? Is that really what they sell for, or is seller crazy?

• Wow
Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Had no idea the Supercard DSTwo had become so sought after. After reading your post I went over to ebay and searched it ... there's one with a $150 buy now. WTF? Is that really what they sell for, or is seller crazy?
What the fuck?! Who in their right mind will sell a flashcard for that price? They don't deserve to ever use eBay if they're scalping people for that.

Reactions: Hanafuda

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Wow

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
OP
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, they also weren't hard to find back then. Scarcity and demand are going to drive the value up. Personally, the special features and capabilities it has over other products aren't really that important to me. I do think it's probably the best in class, but I don't need RTS, a "cheat finder", or mid SNES/GBA emulation when better options exist for all of those things now. I had fun with the official GBA emulator on here and eventually the TempGBA emulator for a time back in the day, but they have been superceded for a while in my mind.

Other than the SNES emulation capability on older DS consoles, everything else is this thing can do is either fairly niche or matched by competing products for a much lower price.

This is precisely why I had to ask if it's worth trying to sell in this shape. It seems like the consensus points to "yes", but I'm not really sure what I should even ask for it when it comes to price now 😅 so I'm back to square one.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
OP
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
If you aren't sure, just put it up for auction on ebay and let people decide :v
eBay fees are too damn high, I'm avoiding making new listings there lol. No thanks. That and I don't want to do it that way because the two options are 1) potentially letting it go for less than I would want to sell it for or 2) setting a reserve like an asshole.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. So glad I still have mine its just a pain to get it inserted into the 3DS. Not sure if it works or just isn't properly seated

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anybody else have a DSTwo that is seemingly dead? I left mine in a drawer for years with other electronics. Everything but the DSTwo still works fine. When I plug the DSTwo, with proper files on sd card and inserted, nothing comes up on my DSLite, or N3DSXL with latest Luma.

I've seen others with this issue, but I've never seen if anybody has solved it, or path traced to see where the fault lies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?