Review SuperCard (SD): "How To" Guides and FAQs

firethanatos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently bought a Supercard SD and SuperKey, and I followed all the instructions up to the firmware part, but when I insert the Supercard with the SD card into the GBA slot, it doesn't recognize it at all. With the SuperKey inserted it just gives a white screen.

D

Deleted User

Try holding the 'L' and 'R' buttons down while starting up. It may go into a test cycle. Did you upgrade the SC BIOS while in NDS mode? (ie, With the SuperKey in?) Is your SD card larger than 2G? There is a way to downgrade you firmware then upgrade it again. I'll try to find it for you.

Let me know.

*Edit* Also if you could try using your SuperCard in an ordinary GBA SP just to see if it boots up. I can tell you for a fact that sometimes the connetor pins in the SuperCard don't all touch what they are supposed to. I had a Supercard that didn't work and was suffering syptoms that you describe. Try pushing it in and pulling it out a couple of times to see what happens. If the problems persists you should think about returning it for a replacement. Remember these things are mass produced so there will be an occasional stuffed one. I think the person you bought it from would gladly replace it just for the goodwill it would create.

D

Deleted User

Hey guys and gals

I'm really at a loss

Ive followed your guide.. updated the firmware to the latest (1.63).. and transferred the roms after patching them.. so its 2 files per rom... (one is nds.dsq and the other nds.sav)

but for some reason.. there are no games on the LIST tab?? none at all!

however the SAV files appear under the saver tab??

what am i doing wrong?

Hope you can help! thanks!
Try making your output directory the same as your SD card reader/writer. You can do this in the options tab in the loader software. Remeber the SD card needs to be formatted to the FAT file system. (Not FAT32 but FAT or FAT16)

Let me know how you go.

firethanatos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try holding the 'L' and 'R' buttons down while starting up. It may go into a test cycle. Did you upgrade the SC BIOS while in NDS mode? (ie, With the SuperKey in?) Is your SD card larger than 2G? There is a way to downgrade you firmware then upgrade it again. I'll try to find it for you.

Let me know.

*Edit* Also if you could try using your SuperCard in an ordinary GBA SP just to see if it boots up. I can tell you for a fact that sometimes the connetor pins in the SuperCard don't all touch what they are supposed to. I had a Supercard that didn't work and was suffering syptoms that you describe. Try pushing it in and pulling it out a couple of times to see what happens. If the problems persists you should think about returning it for a replacement. Remember these things are mass produced so there will be an occasional stuffed one. I think the person you bought it from would gladly replace it just for the goodwill it would create.
Yeah, I tried that, but with the same results--white screen. Tried with and without the SuperKey, and with both a 2GB and 512 SD card. It just seems like whenever the SuperKey's in, no matter what I've tried, it just gives a white screen, and without it, just the normal DS bootup. I'd try it with my old GBA SP, but it's dead and won't charge anymore... I've tried having it in all sorts of positions, too.

I think I'll be sending it back for a replacement, even if I have to pay shipping again. Thanks for the help though.

sintax

Trophies
XP
Country
Just ordered my supercard and now iam trying to work out what size SD card to get I know the what you r going to say the biggest one but what i would like to know is

How many games on average would you fit on a 1 gig SD card and or on a 512 SD card

On the list of Releases on the site it has a coloum marked size with 512mb 256mb is this the size that is taken up by the game on the SD card if not what is it for

Sintax

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just ordered my supercard and now iam trying to work out what size SD card to get I know the what you r going to say the biggest one but what i would like to know is

How many games on average would you fit on a 1 gig SD card and or on a 512 SD card

On the list of Releases on the site it has a coloum marked size with 512mb 256mb is this the size that is taken up by the game on the SD card if not what is it for

Sintax

There are probably over 100 threads by now asking the same question as you and probably another 10 active ones discussing the same question. Why not just read and search. In short, the sizes listed on the release sites are in bits and the sd memory you buy for the flashcarts are in bytes. So 8 bits = 1 byte. After some conversion, you will see that 512mbytes (from your example) = around 4 gigabits. So yes you can fit a lot of games on a 1 gigabyte sd card.

ssshdontspeak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cry.gif

for some reason i'm not able to save gba game files... what am i doing wrong? I converted the file just like ds, but everytime i do in game save, or even the real time save it just wont work. When trying to access loading the real time save, the screen just goes black. The DS games are working fine,but i would raelly like to be able to save gba games. please help!

D

Deleted User

Save the game as you would normally in game then press L+R+select+A then choose save. Next time you load your backup it'll have saved in game.

Expertnewb

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I'm having problems getting my GBA games to save off of my supercard SD. Any help regarding this matter would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Spelvin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I do not understand what I am doing wrong here; I cannot save anything other that .nds and .gba files, for example I have followed the directions, copying the nesfilename.sav file from the installed Supercard folder and renaming it gamename.nes.sav and placing it in the same folder as the .nes ROM on my SD card. I have done this for several games and although i can 'save state' after pressing both L and R to get to the menu, and can load that state immediatly after resetting the DS, I cannot load that state again the next day. The only files that can stay saved day in and day out are .nds and .gba files. I am sure this is something totally obvious but I hope other people are having the same problem so I don't look completely stupid
unsure.gif

noobwar

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Total noob on this whole flash this that pass no pass sounds like some crazy driver.

Just recently was in Taiwan for vacation and decided to pick up a dslite since I wanted something to keep me busy on my wonderful 14hr flight back. I picked up something I think is a supercard lite. (honestly have no clue) it looks like it, and use a micro flash card and also a ezpass3 since they guy told me i need it to have it work. (again no clue so I said okay)

Well now I am home with no directions no instructions no clue. The supercard thingy came with a small cd. with software which from going to supercard site looks like there is a new version.

Anyway, long story short. I read the instructions given on top and all I can say is that is awesome. I am surprised non of the sites that makes these devices have something remotely useful to try to explain to you what and how to even start it. I am sure been totally new to this I will run into more problems but at least i have a starting point to try.

Thanks for the great guide.

Bali

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Great guide. Just a quick question, what needs to be done when you get a write error! message during a firmware upgrade? I had this problem the other day and at first my supercard looked just fine, but it won't even boot up again. Any fixes or cases like this known?

windboi

Trophies
XP
Country
thankz u >.<
it's the greatest tutorial
i'm trying to play media files on my GBA but it's impossible
^^
now i may try again

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Nice guide. Broken link on the Supercard compatibility list, update it pls.

You cannot put the supercard SD into the GBA and play videos or music for obvious technical reasons.

The GBA has an ARM7, which works at 33Mhz. The NDS has an ARM7 and ARM9, which together have 99Mhz. The NDS cannot play all popular music formats (can play MP3s well, though) and the NDS can only play one type of video format, because it takes advantage of all hardware acclerations the DS can give. (anyways, the DS can only give at max 10fps for playing back video)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu