Country
Netherlands
scrumblead_smaller.jpg

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's gotta be about the worst ad copy I've ever seen. then again, its about what I would've expected. I tend to go with these companies that are poor marketers but produce a good product. I loved the EFALinker, now I'm using Supercard, and next up I'm looking at AceKard. All of them are horribly incompetent at marketing and advertising (in all fairness, with AceKard its too early to tell, but early indications make the AceKard look very Supercard-like in its approach).

On the other hand, while I still think the DS-X has the potential to be the best thing going (we're waaaaaaaaiiiiiitiiiiinng!) I've really been turned off by all the flashy animations, cheesy music, and aggressive marketing.

Mchart

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I still cant understand you people that dont play GBA games on your DS. Thats a crying shame. There are so many good GBA games out there, and the DS lite is the best way to play them.

kmihalj

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
I have GBA with M3 MiniSD for GBA Games ....

...also have another M3 MiniSD+Passcard2 in NDS for NDS Games ... but this will be replaced with DS-X so I can use RumblePack and RAM Expansion .... (I got M3 MiniSD on lounch,... and no Slot-1 device was avaliable than)

...so SC with rumble but without RAM Expansion is useless, ... also who know which device will come next for GBA slot in DS... so I leave my GBA slot on DS for other uses... or for playing GBA games.... for DS, Slot-1 is way to go.

Jut my .02 cents.

PS. sorry for bad "engrish"
shy.gif

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still cant understand you people that dont play GBA games on your DS. Thats a crying shame. There are so many good GBA games out there, and the DS lite is the best way to play them.

I agree with you that there's lots of great stuff on GBA, but disagree that DSL is the best platform. I very much prefer using my GBASP2 (the backlit screen SP that came out last year) for GBA ... it has a screen brightness that would fall between settings 2 and 3 on a DSL, and is lighter than air in the hand even compared to a DSL (and forget a DSphatanchor). I use a 512mbit EFALinker because I don't think any of the DS-oriented Slot2 devices (M3, G6, SC, etc) can touch it for playback and gamesave compatibility. Right now there's 12 games on my EFA - that's plenty at any one time.

I use a SCminiSD in my DSL ... can't wait to get a SCL or Slot1 device, but the one I have now does a pretty good job, so I can be patient.

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's the best platform because you only need one handheld to take around..

So all you need is to switch between flashcarts instead of swapping systems when one has functionality for both..

Or unless you have a bunch of GB/GBC carts you want to play on the GBASP2 though with the progress of emulators, that's pretty much nullified..

martin88

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree with Hanafuda. Playing games on GBASP2 just feels better than on DS. For me playing gba games on DS just doesn't feel quite right, with one screen off and borders around the screen and uncomfortable button placement.

mrekli

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
oppressthebutton.com
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if this could be used as a rumble pack for original games? Like instead of using Nintendos? I don't have a Lite sized rumble pack and was thinking about getting one, this would be nice to double up.

ShadowFalls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I find this card completely worthless. To remove GBA support? with that, it removes the compatibility for GBAs that people have, and the whole point of having a Slot 2 solution. There is no real need for rumble, for me, it is a waste of money.

Now I own a Supercard SD, works pretty nicely, except a few, but I feel switching to a M3 card will have to be my best move. I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't release a rumble model of their own with full support of GBA, etc. That would destroy this so-called Supercard.

I just see this as a poor decision by romman, I doubt he will remvoe the old product line any time soon, he would lose a large customer base that way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: umm, That was fun to watch :)