Supercard Rumble announced!

stupid2ass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As if the Supercard already doesn't drain the battery fast enough (this is coming from a Supercard SD and CF owner, still own both products), they put in rumble for games that don't even have rumble support. Sigh.
The compressed games support and supposed fast read/writes for no slowdown IS very welcome though.

SlyGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why am I not surprised that a quick post search reveals you're a G6 fanboy and Supercard troll? Begone.

There's fanboyism in PIRACY DEVICES?

I'm honestly shocked.

Haha! Well I guess it makes sense considering most of these cost as much as a DS lite! It's just human nature to protect your choice in investments. Admitting another choice might have been better is essentially the same as admitting you made a poor choice, which most people don't like to do. This behavior serves to reduce post-purchase anxiety (the fear that we made the wrong decision).

P.S. G6 lite ROCKS!!!
cool.gif

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bet none of the current flashcart giants aren't doing a slot-1 solution is it'll take away from sales on their existing product lines hence why a bunch of newbies are doing the slot-1 dance

omegatr0n

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I assume they will just stop production of the old supercard lites..and produce very few rumble ones...just to have a money maker while they get rid of the old ones..then release a slot 1

Hypnotoad

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why am I not surprised that a quick post search reveals you're a G6 fanboy and Supercard troll? Begone.

Actually, I also own a SuperCard along with other cards I've purchased (thank you very much). I just find it funny that you keep posting to the SC crew that there aren't any updates (like they're actually going to see them). I don't think Romman actually reads gbatemp, but then again I could be wrong.

No fanboyism here, your posts just amuse me.
smile.gif

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I’ll bet you this is all BS, & although MaxConsole is a respectable news site.
They have been wrong before, come on think about it there are no rumble
games for the DS, this is just a smoke screen for the soon to be announced.
Super Duper pooper scooper card! It will make all other cards look like crap.
biggrin.gif

TheSpade

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
come on think about it there are no rumble games for the DS
No Rumble games? Metroid Prime Pinball/Hunters, New Super Mario Bros, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, Magnetica, Star Fox Command, Super Princess Peach and more (either untested or Japanese). Plus, the rumble system will be permitted on more games than this (not sure how, but it's their claim). Before you make any statement, may I recommend that you at least do a few searches to read up on the facts instead of what you heard from some guy at that place? If rumble isn't your thing, than just say so and be done with any further thoughts about Supercard Rumble.

Seriously, everyone needs to calm down about this announcement in the range of being so negative towards Supercard. This is a G6/M3 fan here telling all of you this, kids. It's ridiculous to see this open bias and just juvenile behavior, and I personally don't give a damn about any justificaition for it. It's moot whatever you have to say. I'm well aware of some of the attitudes here along with a lack of maturity, but if I had moderator powers, I would delete most of the responses here for being just completely senseless and ridiculous. I do realize that many of you are genuinely children. To those who are, I've met 9 year olds more mature than this sorry display.

This was a news story about a new product. It was not a message that you had to purchase it under duress. I myself won't be buying it, unless ROMMAN decides I may have one for Guides & FAQ purposes (not holding my breath). I am choosing not to buy it, as I am content with the flash cards that I presently own. See? There's a legitimate, intelligent response to the question, "Why won't you buy Supercard?" To be honest, some of you could use a bit more time studying in a library. Take notes.

There are plenty of Supercard fans out there, and even I myself am a fan of rumble. It can be argued that Supercard Team is banking on novelty and should be focusing their efforts on the shortcomings of its software or even begin their own Slot-1 card. Regardless, Supercard is one of the top flash cards for DS right now. As for the lack of updates, ROMMAN took a month off, and he should be returning soon. Leave the guy alone, who has worked his ass off, last time I checked, in keeping up with all the new games, fixes, etc. It may pale in comparison at the moment, but the moment will pass.

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is partly a good idea and partly personal preference.
Most of that on the list is good thing, like power saving, less slow down and better saving.
The rumble feature is a personal preference and having it work for all games is nothing new, there was a similar product for the N64 called shockwave (or something similar).
There is a slight possibilty that this is a Slot-1 device with a GBA side rumble pack, which would explain the lack of GBA support.

I suppose the ideal product would be a Slot-1 card with micro-SD support and a Slot-2 cart with mini/micro-SD support, rumble, RAM and fully GBA support. The Slot-1 card could be able to activate whatever feature or ROM is required. That *should* please everyone.

squall3031

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ill stick around a little longer.....if only there's a product that has 100% compatibility of GBA and NDS games, then im sold
biggrin.gif

But right now, im leaning toward M3 Mini SD because i have two NDS (old and lite) and i can switch the NDS when one runs out of battery
smile.gif

INTERNETS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There's fanboyism in PIRACY DEVICES?

I'm honestly shocked.

Haha! Well I guess it makes sense considering most of these cost as much as a DS lite! It's just human nature to protect your choice in investments. Admitting another choice might have been better is essentially the same as admitting you made a poor choice, which most people don't like to do. This behavior serves to reduce post-purchase anxiety (the fear that we made the wrong decision).

P.S. G6 lite ROCKS!!!
cool.gif

To be completely honest with you, that's the most sensical and collected thought I've heard here in a while.

danyulland

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont like the thought of the whole DS rumbling... i mean it *shouldnt* harm it but then again.. it cant be very good for the electronics inside. I dont mind it so much on control pads.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once again, Where does the official N rumble pak's power come from? Is it a significant drain on the DS battery? Has it been tested?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there