Supercard Freezes randomly

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by whitey012001, Jan 15, 2009.

Jan 15, 2009
  1. whitey012001
    OP

Newcomer whitey012001 Member

United Kingdom
    I'm new to this forum I was recommend this site on another forum.

I have 3 supercards, 2 are frezing up on regular occasions. It is very random, I have read a lot of the posts on here but the difference is when I do both tests I do not get any psram errors. I have tried different versions of the os, and different microSD card.

Has anybody come across this and better still no the solution. BTW I am very new to this so please don't be offended if I ask stupid questions. I only found out today that you can real time save on the supercard after owning 3 for a year!

Thanks in advance

Neil

2. crazyazn5

Newcomer crazyazn5 Advanced Member

United States
    Have you already used the search button? There have been a lot of topics based on this problem.

One solution is to backup everything on the card, then reformat it.
    Use panasonic formatter (thats how i fixed mine)

3. whitey012001
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yes, I have seached. I downloaded the panasoinc formatter and am going to try that later.

The thing I can't get my head around is, I have the supercards. I freezes up all the time, every couple of minutes. One freezes every 30 minutes, the other once every now and again.

I will try the formatter and let you know how I get on.

Neil

4. whitey012001
    OP

United Kingdom
    I have tried reformatting with the panasonic program using the info from this sight, put the roms back on and it still freezes. It seems to freeze on certain games. I played mario kart for ages with no problems. Loaded up brain training and it kept freezing.

Any ideas?

Neil

5. rasputin

Member rasputin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Do you have DMA checked 'on' ?

Try putting a fresh OS v3.0sp4 on and make sure to grab the latest 20thDec update for it.

6. whitey012001
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks, I will check the DMA option, what does it do? I think I have the latest software on but I will but it back on.

Thanks

Neil

7. CompCrash

Newcomer CompCrash Newbie

United States
    DMA I think speeds up read and write to the card.

I have the same issue, very rare, only once in a while. Other the Casltevania PoR, which freezes some times when someone talks or a menu is opened. I was wondering if there is something for individual games for fixing it?

8. granville

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    Did you think to try the self test using L+R+UP after the health warning screen on DS bootup? Press A when you get there until it begins to count numbers. If a red message appears saying "PSRAM error", you card is faulty. This affects some Supercard DS-One batches.

The only way to fix this is:

use an alternate firmware- either the TTDS one or Ysmenu.
    open the card and short two connectors for the battery. This only works for 24 hours and then you must do it again.