Hacking SuperCard DSTwo SDK v1.2 released!

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yep, back from the past ;-)
So, to understand well, this source code is useless ? we can't use it without lot's of work on DS2firmware ?
I said that because if I read well, i understood that Pate made it compatible with last devkit.
It certainly isn't useless. It lets you completely customise how data is transfered between the nds and the scds2's on board processor which as pate is doing can greatly increase speed.

Pate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi!

Sorry, been a while since I followed this thread, sorry for this late reply!

It should be quite easy to use my firmware version with your own project. Just do as follows. If this does not work, let me know what problem you encounter and I'll see if I forgot something:

1) I'm assuming you have a working devKitPro installation, with a recent devKitPro version. If not, set it up. :-)
2) Download http://dsx86.patrickaalto.com/ds2_firmware.zip from my dsx86 pages.
3) Extract ds2_firmware.zip to some suitable folder. It includes a ready-built ds2_firmware.dat, so you can skip the next step if needed.
4) Build ds2_firmware.dat from the sources in my zip.
5) Back up your current ds2sdk_r/tools/ds2_firmware.dat
6) Copy my ds2_firmware.dat to ds2sdk_r/tools directory.
7) Build your DSTwo homebrew software.
8) Test your DSTwo homebrew software. The graphics should work, but as I did not add audio support to my firmware, you won't get audio. There are also other features missing, like the ability to launch other plugins, or the ability to return to DSTwo menu.

If you get that far without problems, feel free to edit/enhance the NDS side so it includes audio and whatever features you need. :-)

Pate

Pate

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
No problem.

I use a Linux virtual machine environment to compile the MIPS side. It seemed easier than trying to set up an environment that works on Windows.

Pate

djbarney

Trophies
Website
gateway.djbarney.org
XP
Country
Thanks ds2 team for this sdk. But I've decided to concentrate on vanilla homebrew. It's difficult enough as I'm only just starting :). ds2 team seem to have a good track record for actually releasing patches and so forth so hopefully they will improve this sdk.

lukeroge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Its a shame that this release didn't really push the DSTwo development community forward all that much (from what I can see), I was hoping for more new and exciting homebrew to be released in addition to DS2X86 (which is pretty awesome).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol