New free homebrew entry point. FlashHax

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Fullmetal5, Dec 13, 2017.

1. FancyNintendoGamer567

FancyNintendoGamer567 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    cvskid likes this.
  2. Alex4nder001

Alex4nder001 Part-time thug

Jul 28, 2017
    United Kingdom
    London
    OP said it might, but hasn’t tested. Thought I’d test it myself and see.

3. chrizkerr2

chrizkerr2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2008
    Can anyone help me? Been trying for the last couple of hours to get the homebrew channel on my Wii without any luck.

Tried the str2hax method and it wouldn't work on the agreement stage.

So have been trying this one instead, and out of the 7 times I have tried only twice has it even loaded the actual payload download with both times getting stuck at 99%. The other times it just stays on a blue screen?

Have tried changing display settings and choosing different regions. But that hardly helps if I can't get onto the payload download bit.

4. Fullmetal5
    OP

Fullmetal5 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2017
    United States
    I recommend using str2hax as FlashHax has a much lower success rate and will stop working for Wiis without the Internet Channel downloaded by the end of this month. What happens when you change the DNS and try to view the agreement section exactly?
    Also what firmware are you on?

5. chrizkerr2

chrizkerr2 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2008
    Sorry for the long reply.

I managed to get the Homebrew channel on eventually using the str2hax method (Had to use my phone as a hotspot instead of the normal wifi).

Only problem is that the Homebrew channel is blank with only bubbles on screen?

6. Fullmetal5
    OP

Fullmetal5 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2017
    United States
    The exploit worked just fine then. Now you need to add apps to it. There are tons of tutorials on YouTube and other places about how to get started once you have it installed.

7. SaulFabre

SaulFabre Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2019
    Ecuador
    Remember, FlashHax exploit requires Wii version 4.3(U/E/J), the installed Internet Channel and a Internet connection to run this exploit for install The Homebrew Channel & BootMii (the exploit runs the HackMii installer)!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Right, chrizkerr2. The Homebrew Channel still need a SD card for save and run the homebrew apps, such as FCE Ultra GX (NES emulator), VBA-GX (GB/GBC/GBA Emulator), Snes9xGX (SNES Emulator), RiiConnect24 Mail Patcher, Pimp my Wii, Wii Mod Lite, WAD Manager v1.7 [developed by Waninkoko], and other more HBC apps.

For run a homebrew app follow these steps:
    1. Download and unzip the homebrew app you want. (I can't provide the link by now because I have the 'Newbie' rank)
    2. Insert the SD card on your computer and copy the content of the homebrew app ('apps' folder, and other important files to run) in the root SD card. [Example: G:/] (G:/ is the SD card in the example, can vary depending on what's the name of the SD card)
    3. Remove the SD card from your computer.
    4. Turn off your Wii, insert the SD card on your Wii and turn it on.
    5. Run the Homebrew Channel
    6. Here's the app you installed! Get ready to load the homebrew app by selecting it with A button sand choosing 'Load'!