Hacking Supercard DSTWO: General Discussion & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolermoler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey i just bought a dstwo for my 3ds. i flashed it on a friends dslite and have ds2tools on it. the games work, but the wifi doesnt. can someone please tell me what to do to get teh wifi to work on the 3ds.

im useing WPA, but switched to WEP also to see if that worked. it didnt.
Do i need to side the wifi slider on the 3ds to get the wifi enabled?
when i enter ds2tools, it says click on the wifi icon to start icon so i click on that and it says wifi off
frown.gif
. then i click icon again
and it says "Start: in it 1/3 wifi" ......wtf does that mean and how do i fix it?

i want to play pokemon black. i read that that game supports WPA but who knows.

thanks for any help GBATEMP users.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I've not got a 3DS or Pokemon Black - but I'll take a stab at it

i) You have to switch on the WiFi on the 3DS before any WiFi can be done

ii) WPA is avaliable on a DSi (& I'll guess the 3DS has it as well) - but only for games that are 'DSi enhanced' or 'DSi only'.

When a 'DSi-enhanced' game is inserted then the game is run in a 'DSi mode' (allowing extras like the camera/SD slot etc to be used)
When a non-DSi enhanced game is inserted - it is run in a 'DS mode' (meaning you CAN'T use the DSi features)

iii) WPA is ONLY avaliable when a game is run in 'DSi mode'. In 'DS mode' only WEP is avaliable
AFAIK there are no Flashcards capable of running 'DSi enhanced' games in 'DSi mode' - meaning you can ONLY use WEP for your WiFi (well - there IS actually one card that claims to have DSi capabilities, unfortunately it's not the DSTwo [ATM])

On the DSi there are 6 possible 'slots' for WiFi settings - '1','2' and '3' are WEP only - '4','5' and '6' (avaliable under 'advanced settings') are both WEP/WPA capable. I'm guessing the 3DS has something similar to the DSi

In 'DSi mode' - all 6 WiFi settings are avaliable for games, but in 'DS mode' only settings 1,2 and 3 are avaliable (You might see where I'm going with this
wink.gif
)

now, You are getting a 'Start: in it 1/3 wifi' message
- so I'm guessing this is actually meaning something like 'You have to start your WiFi using settings 1-3', meaning you HAVE to have settings in 1,2 or 3 (the WEP Only settings) which also means the game is running in a 'DS mode' and not a 'DSi mode'

I hope all that makes sense

lolermoler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:

ii) WPA is avaliable on a DSi (& I'll guess the 3DS has it as well) - but only for games that are 'DSi enhanced' or 'DSi only'.

When a 'DSi-enhanced' game is inserted then the game is run in a 'DSi mode' (allowing extras like the camera/SD slot etc to be used)
When a non-DSi enhanced game is inserted - it is run in a 'DS mode' (meaning you CAN'T use the DSi features)

iii) WPA is ONLY avaliable when a game is run in 'DSi mode'. In 'DS mode' only WEP is avaliable
AFAIK there are no Flashcards capable of running 'DSi enhanced' games in 'DSi mode' - meaning you can ONLY use WEP for your WiFi (well - there IS actually one card that claims to have DSi capabilities, unfortunately it's not the DSTwo [ATM])

On the DSi there are 6 possible 'slots' for WiFi settings - '1','2' and '3' are WEP only - '4','5' and '6' (avaliable under 'advanced settings') are both WEP/WPA capable. I'm guessing the 3DS has something similar to the DSi

In 'DSi mode' - all 6 WiFi settings are avaliable for games, but in 'DS mode' only settings 1,2 and 3 are avaliable (You might see where I'm going with this
wink.gif
)

- so I'm guessing this is actually meaning something like 'You have to start your WiFi using settings 1-3', meaning you HAVE to have settings in 1,2 or 3 (the WEP Only settings) which also means the game is running in a 'DS mode' and not a 'DSi mode'

hey, i really appreciate your response. it works now! i switched my internet to wep and changed all the settings on the 3ds and in the ds2tools and pokemon too to WEP. haha thank you so much.
i have another question.
biggrin.gif

im sure i shouldnt worry that much, but of course the rumors about nintendo bricking your 3ds if useing a modchip is kinda scary. i read you can delete your log files thought and its recommended before the next nintendo update for the 3ds. how do you do that?

OmegaVesko

Trophies
XP
Country
lolermoler said:
CannonFoddr said:

wink.gif
)

hey, i really appreciate your response. it works now! i switched my internet to wep and changed all the settings on the 3ds and in the ds2tools and pokemon too to WEP. haha thank you so much.
i have another question.
biggrin.gif

im sure i shouldnt worry that much, but of course the rumors about nintendo bricking your 3ds if useing a modchip is kinda scary. i read you can delete your log files thought and its recommended before the next nintendo update for the 3ds. how do you do that?

Well, first off, log files only show you played for . It's not like it actually says it's on a flashcart. If they could detect that, you wouldn't be able to run said flashcart at all.

Second, there's no such thing as a DS/3DS "modchip". Just flash carts.

lolermoler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh i see. can i delete those logs though? im guessing its gona say ace rider logged for x amount of hours. i just want to play it safe.

Cawk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got pokemon black and white, and I guess they're patched. I can't get them to load on my SCDS2 for some reason. I tried changing it from clean to patched too on the SCDS2, and that didn't work either. I gave it a while to load to make sure it wasn't just loading up and also deleted a game of my SD card to make sure I have enough room for the .sav and stuff. It's still not working though. Any ideas?

MrWwe51

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Just got my DSTWO about a week ago and I am trying to use the wifi for Pokemon Black, but it is not working. I know I have wifi. It finds my SSID and I put in the password, and it looks all good, but =then I test connection and it gives me 52000 error code. I have ran it through the Nintendo support website and all it talks about is if you too stupid to set it up. I don't know if this is posted anywhere else but I need help BADLY.
PLEASE IF ANYBODY COULD HELP. MUCH APPRECIATED
http://gbatemp.net/style_images/2/folder_p...cons/icon40.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
MrWwe51 said:
I Just got my DSTWO about a week ago and I am trying to use the wifi for Pokemon Black, but it is not working. I know I have wifi. It finds my SSID and I put in the password, and it looks all good, but =then I test connection and it gives me 52000 error code. PLEASE IF ANYBODY COULD HELP. MUCH APPRECIATED
Quick questions -
(a bit risky) but have you tried turning off your firewall for a few minutes THEN tested ??
> If it connects then it could be your firewall is blocking it. I had problems (can't remember the actual code) with My firewall - had to set up some 'open ports' on it for the DS to connect up OK

Is your Wifi set up as WPA security by any chance ??
> Running games on a Flashcard ONLY uses Wifi settings in slot 1,2 or 3 of the Wifi connection which are WEP security. On a DSi (I'm guessing you are using a DSi) slots 4,5 and 6 are WPA/WEP - but no flashcard can access 'DSi mode' ATM so you can't use them - so no WPA internet is avaliable (don't know about 3DS internet setting - sorry)

Did you read this for code error 52000 ??
Have you tried everything on this ??

Oh & what Make/Model Router are you using - I've seen a few posts claiming that SOME routers have a LOT of trouble with Nintendo WiFi connections. If there's some1 here with the same make/model perhaps they can shed more light onto the subject (perhaps with the correct settings etc)

EDIT: A couple of thread I've just read also suggest resetting your router - seems like some don't like the DS, despite other systems connect up OK to it... & other threads also say 'check that DHCP' is switched in the router settings as well

MrWwe51

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
MrWwe51 said:
I Just got my DSTWO about a week ago and I am trying to use the wifi for Pokemon Black, but it is not working. I know I have wifi. It finds my SSID and I put in the password, and it looks all good, but =then I test connection and it gives me 52000 error code. PLEASE IF ANYBODY COULD HELP. MUCH APPRECIATED
Quick questions -
(a bit risky) but have you tried turning off your firewall for a few minutes THEN tested ??
> If it connects then it could be your firewall is blocking it. I had problems (can't remember the actual code) with My firewall - had to set up some 'open ports' on it for the DS to connect up OK

Is your Wifi set up as WPA security by any chance ??
> Running games on a Flashcard ONLY uses Wifi settings in slot 1,2 or 3 of the Wifi connection which are WEP security. On a DSi (I'm guessing you are using a DSi) slots 4,5 and 6 are WPA/WEP - but no flashcard can access 'DSi mode' ATM so you can't use them - so no WPA internet is avaliable (don't know about 3DS internet setting - sorry)

Did you read this for code error 52000 ??
Have you tried everything on this ??

Oh & what Make/Model Router are you using - I've seen a few posts claiming that SOME routers have a LOT of trouble with Nintendo WiFi connections. If there's some1 here with the same make/model perhaps they can shed more light onto the subject (perhaps with the correct settings etc)

EDIT: A couple of thread I've just read also suggest resetting your router - seems like some don't like the DS, despite other systems connect up OK to it... & other threads also say 'check that DHCP' is switched in the router settings as well
Thanks for the help I am going to try all of the things you mentioned...If there was a way to reward you I would but no I am using a DS Lite And my Wifi is WEP. I have an actiontec router and I don't know if that router is inFamous or something

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
MrWwe51 said:
Thanks for the help I am going to try all of the things you mentioned...If there was a way to reward you I would but no I am using a DS Lite And my Wifi is WEP. I have an actiontec router and I don't know if that router is inFamous or something
Well now that we've got a name for the router - got a model number as well ??

Anyway - another quick google search came up with this and this on the Nintendo Site. Maybe one of these can help

If you're not sure how to find you router settings - there's this page that might help you find them

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cawk said:
Just got pokemon black and white, and I guess they're patched. I can't get them to load on my SCDS2 for some reason. I tried changing it from clean to patched too on the SCDS2, and that didn't work either. I gave it a while to load to make sure it wasn't just loading up and also deleted a game of my SD card to make sure I have enough room for the .sav and stuff. It's still not working though. Any ideas?
the clean white/black roms work perfectly fine, don't get a prepatched rom

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Cawk said:

make sure you have EOS ver 1.11 here

ramarivera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to ask:
Why is that NDS-GBA or GBA-NDS (i don't remember the name
tongue.gif
) doesn't load the .sav of my gba games ?
(the .sav where created using GAMEBOIDLITE for android, and i do can load them with VBA)
Is there a way to fix this?
Thanks and sorry if someone already ask this xD

Antoids

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to make sure before I attempt it:

DSTWO can fully utilize Pokémon B/W's Dream World function, correct? I have nothing to fear?

This isn't the right place to ask, but while I'm here, does anyone know if using Pokésav will affect it, too? If I don't get an answer I'll head over to their forums, too.

ramarivera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
the gba .sav files in the gamerts folder have to have the exact same name as the .gba files in the gamepak folder

they are the same name, and if i try to load them with my cellphone i can load the correctly.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry, antoids, no idea as i use the retail cart of white for the IR functionality, however i would guess that it works fine, why don't you try it and report back
nyanya.gif

rama, do you have them in the right folders? i've exchanged GBA saves between my android phone and my ds multiple times and it works fine

l3lackitty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh Hai!

Been searching on eBay for a used DSi XL (so it'll be 1.4.1), but got back from helping my grandpa out and my girlfriend and I earned $50 each so were putting it toward a brand new DSi XL!
smileipb2.png
cool.gif

I'm continuing to check out the site because I'm considering getting a Supercard DSTWO flash cart.

Just wondering if ya'll can point me in the right direction of the most up-to-date information on the DSTWO. . The last two topics I've been to were from last year (2010) and I don't want the wrong idea that a decent amount of GBA games have minor, major bugs, or aren't even bootable on the DSTWO.

Long story short I'd like to know why I should get the DSTWO, besides the fact it can boot GBA roms and I'd also like to know if they are working on that emulator itself, like being able to stretch the screen to fit a DSi XL screen, switch which screen its potrayed on, etc.

I'll really appreciate it! (And tell me how to vote,point,thank you for your deserved credit
wink.gif
)

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well you can find a GBA compatibility chart here

the firmware version does not matter as the DSTwo and most other major cards can work on it without problem (as long as you use the most recent system files)

we really do need to update the FAQ (planning on doing that sometime, but with school it'll probably be put off a good bit longer
nyanya.gif
), however most of the info in it is still true

and the emulators fit the XL screen just as it does any on DS screen, it has the same resolution just blown up to a bigger size
you can't change the screen it's displayed on, it's always the top screen

the GBA emulator (NDSGBA) is pretty much dead right now as team supercard seems much more focused on the 3ds right now, and an update to the firmware and EOS is expected soon and they will have to release a patch to counteract the update for the 3DS that will bring many features to it (the browser, 3dsware etc.) and is expected to also have extra anti-piracy

however, the SNES emulator (NDSSFC) is having work done on it unofficially by community members (BassAceGold and ShadauxCat), and a new version of this emulator, called CATSFC, is going to be released soon and will have significant speed improvements

other reasons for getting the dstwo:
  • ds2 specific homebrew such as ds2x86 and mame4all
  • a video player that can play videos without them being specifically converted for the DS (.dpg)
  • perfect DS ROM compatibility without the need for patches (the DSTwo worked perfectly with pokemon white/black without any sort of patch)
  • an in-game menu in DS ROMs that allow you to make/load save states and alter the cheats that you have enabled, as well as game guides and pictures, and a free cheat mode for making your own cheats on the fly
  • 3DS compatibility (in DS mode)

and if you do decide to get a DSTwo, you can get it set up by just following this guide, it will get you set up with most of the essentials and iMenu, however you might also want to check out BAGPlug

and you can't thank people on this forum, it's been discussed but the staff deemed it unnecessary IIRC, however you can write a reply that says thank you
wink.gif

l3lackitty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like I picked a good time to ask that question xD Fast enough reply for me to order a DSTWO so my girlfriend will get off my back (she wants the DSi XL ASAP)

I really appreciate the effect, info, and time (probably not much for you since you sound extremely knowledgeable
tongue.gif
) put into that reply
biggrin.gif
!

Now I just gotta hope that http://www.ndsgamecard.com is legit cause they have a deal right now (15% off all flash carts with code on main page) bringing the DSTWO to $27.75 (its a Canadian site, did the conversion [with shipping])

But As I said about that website on a post about what websites are legit, I'll just post a review of the site. . whereever it belongs.

Thanks
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong