Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
That sucks. It really REALLY sucks. *sighs*

EDIT: Then what flashcart can support DSi features because if the Supercard DS Two can't do it then what can?

EDIT 2: I'm still getting a Supercard DS Two so hopefully I can use it to play stuff on the 3DS which will please me.

princefarzan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LinkX9 said:

EDIT: Then what flashcart can support DSi features because if the Supercard DS Two can't do it then what can?
Currently there is only one card that supports DSi features and that's the CycloDS iEvolution and that card requires a clean dump of all DSi games you want to run which are rare too find, also the compatibility is really horrible for it at the moment, so really unless your really desperate to use DSi features for the 3 or 4 games that are compatible with the CycloDS iEvolution then the DSTWO is the best cart still, as it has the most robust feature list out of all the current flashcarts available and it is also compatible with the 3DS in DS mode.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LinkX9 said:

EDIT 2: I'm still getting a Supercard DS Two so hopefully I can use it to play stuff on the 3DS which will please me.
CycloDS iEvolution supports DSi features.
http://gbatemp.net/t279940-cyclods-ievolution-review#a2

EDIT: aw,
ph34r.gif
'd

LinkX9

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
LinkX9 said:

CycloDS iEvolution supports DSi features.
http://gbatemp.net/t279940-cyclods-ievolution-review#a2

EDIT: aw,
ph34r.gif
'd

What? What did I say? Will CycloDS iEvolution support the 3DS or no?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hey... I've just found something out, & I don't think anyone else has mentioned this before

OK try this -
> Insert your DSTwo into a DSi
> Switch on but DON'T boot up into the DSTwo menu
> Close the DSi up

Does it....
a) go into 'sleep mode' (pulsing LED) ?
b) switch off ?

In my case, it depends

With the original DSTwo (the one that first came out on the release date) - It switches OFF the dsi
With my LE-DSTwo (the GBATemp special) - it goes into sleep mode as normal (pulsing LED)
(both cards are updated to the latest firmware/EOS BTW)

Do you think the Supercard team has changed the design of the DSTwo's slightly between versions ??
Could THIS of been the reason some people were having trouble with some DSTwo card with the older 3DS firmware ??
Is there any way of actually knowing what 'version' of DSTwo you may have - 'cos physically there seems to be no difference between the two
142szt1.jpg

EDIT: Additional info - it is NOT the microSD card that is 'at fault' - It happens if I use the same MSD card in each DSTwo

hood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Can someone help me plz? I have SCDSTWO and EZ3in1 and i don't understand how to make Rumble to work. I set in DS menu settings GBA Ext to Rumble. I patch rom to support rumble (on of rumble supported such as Metroid Pinball) and i don't have any rumble function in-game and in-game settings Rumble is disable. Rumble once works only when i run rom (any rom even without rumble support). I use GBA ExpLoader and i try to ran without them. I try many others mode and i don't have to work rumble at all. Never. EZ3in1 works well e.i. Opera is ran without patches and using of GBA ExpLoader and GBA roms are ran well but Rumble not.

Charli

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
LinkX9 said:
squirrelman10 said:
DSi mode will be coming in May my source is Head Mod from SC chinese forums

Then there's hope. If it is gonna be for the DSTwo then I'm excited. Not only that but with 3DS support, I'm looking forward to it.

see this: QUOTE(squirrelman10 @ Mar 21 2011, 05:14 PM)
seems like DSi mode is possible but not coming soon like I thought it was, in May the SC team will be focusing on 3DS, there are major updates coming out to the 3DS OS which could block Flashcarts, and SC team will hopefully be able to bypass with the work they do on the DS2 sorry for confusion people I jumped the gun on being way to excited

Does anyone else have problems with playing very large/long audio files with iPlayer? When trying to play this 29 Minute mp3 (128 kbps, 26.77 Mb) it takes a moment, then displays the length of the track and changing from the play icon in the middle to the pause icon as if it was playing the file like it should. But there's no sound and no progress on the time line and in the bottom left corner it never changes from 00:00

joelsoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm planning on getting the 3DS soon.

I'm confused about "Fireware". What is it and how do I go about installing it?
I've downloaded the EOS v1.11, the Firmware v1.09 and some patch which I feel might be unnecessary. (From here)

Thanks!

(Edit: Found my answer here. Useful for anyone who is going towards the 3DS)

Charli

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, you can't. It depends on the firmware. With the newest one it's not Fish Tycoon anymore but Alex Rider.

Antoids

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn, I wanted to change it to, like, Disgaea or some other JRPG, so the playtime wouldn't be suspicious.

Maybe Alex Rider is a really, really good game.

syrusch

Trophies
Website
www.stut.ch
XP
Country
Swaziland
Terminator02 said:
syrusch said:
Hi.

i can't run a rom image with jenesisds 0.74 on SCDS2. Do i must use the 0.7 instead ?
Well it couldn't hurt to try

Just wondering, are you using iMenu?

Thanks for reply,

Yes i have iMenu on my SD card but i lauch jEnesisDS with EOS. I have tried the 0.7 and same problem. Will atemp to erase iMenu from my SD.

EDIT: It works !!! I've deleted iMenu folder and YES. Thank you, issue resolved
biggrin.gif

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i remember spinal_cord saying something about it jenesis only working with older versions when you are using iMenu

did u try updating to iMenu 3.3? or a version of jenesis even older than .7? (.6x)

saikkussu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I read the faq and followed the link to this thread cause it said to post questions here.

ANYwho, my previous cart ended up to be a fake and I'm thinking of getting the SupercardDSTwo.
However, its pricey compared to others and If I only use it to play games and not use any of the other stuff, would it really be worth the money?

Also- supercarddstwo.com boasts that this cart is compatible with the entire nds family. I only have a DSLite. Its not the oldest but it does make me wonder if there are/ would be any drawbacks because if its age?

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
saikkussu said:
Also- supercarddstwo.com boasts that this cart is compatible with the entire nds family. I only have a DSLite. Its not the oldest but it does make me wonder if there are/ would be any drawbacks because if its age?
Not to sure about that website - it's not the offical DSTwo site but I CAN tell you that the DSTwo definately works on a DSLite AND the DSi, & if it works on those then it will work on a DSPhat and a DSi XL.

The 3DS on the otherhand - although it does work on that (according to others - I don't have a 3DS) - it will ONLY work in 'DS mode', you will not be able to use any 3DS features (like run 3DS games,Camera,3D etc) - only be able to play DS games/homebrew

IF we're all lucky, there MIGHT be a firmware update (once the 3DS is 'hacked') that will allow the DSTwo to also run 3DS games or use the 3DS features - but nothing has been confirmed about it so it might never happen

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
syrusch said:
Terminator02 said:
syrusch said:
Hi.

i can't run a rom image with jenesisds 0.74 on SCDS2. Do i must use the 0.7 instead ?
Well it couldn't hurt to try

Just wondering, are you using iMenu?

Thanks for reply,

Yes i have iMenu on my SD card but i lauch jEnesisDS with EOS. I have tried the 0.7 and same problem. Will atemp to erase iMenu from my SD.

EDIT: It works !!! I've deleted iMenu folder and YES. Thank you, issue resolved
biggrin.gif

since iMenu 3.3 if you just put dsgame in the note line jenesisds should work fine

QUOTE(CannonFoddr @ Apr 2 2011, 09:02 AM) QUOTE(saikkussu @ Apr 2 2011, 03:48 AM)
Not to sure about that website - it's not the offical DSTwo site but I CAN tell you that the DSTwo definately works on a DSLite AND the DSi, & if it works on those then it will work on a DSPhat and a DSi XL.

The 3DS on the otherhand - although it does work on that (according to others - I don't have a 3DS) - it will ONLY work in 'DS mode', you will not be able to use any 3DS features (like run 3DS games,Camera,3D etc) - only be able to play DS games/homebrew

IF we're all lucky, there MIGHT be a firmware update (once the 3DS is 'hacked') that will allow the DSTwo to also run 3DS games or use the 3DS features - but nothing has been confirmed about it so it might never happen
if you're gonna highlight that it can't play in 3ds mode, you should say it can't run dsi mode either, neither the DSi or 3DS is properly hacked on the DSTwo (only one other card has partial DSi support)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: But the captions are in english, I only speak Ebonics +1