Artsy Dude
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
l3lackitty said:
Oh Hai!

Been searching on eBay for a used DSi XL (so it'll be 1.4.1), but got back from helping my grandpa out and my girlfriend and I earned $50 each so were putting it toward a brand new DSi XL!
smileipb2.png
cool.gif

I'm continuing to check out the site because I'm considering getting a Supercard DSTWO flash cart.

Just wondering if ya'll can point me in the right direction of the most up-to-date information on the DSTWO. . The last two topics I've been to were from last year (2010) and I don't want the wrong idea that a decent amount of GBA games have minor, major bugs, or aren't even bootable on the DSTWO.

Long story short I'd like to know why I should get the DSTWO, besides the fact it can boot GBA roms and I'd also like to know if they are working on that emulator itself, like being able to stretch the screen to fit a DSi XL screen, switch which screen its potrayed on, etc.

I'll really appreciate it! (And tell me how to vote,point,thank you for your deserved credit
wink.gif
)

If you are getting a flashcart go for DSTWO for sure! It's the best one on the market.

The best budget flashcart is the R4 imo but if you want to indulge in the creme de la creme go for DSTWO!
smile.gif

zar713

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supreme Dirt said:
Well, my DSTwo just came in. Anything I need to know switching over from using an original R4 with Wood R4?

umm not really just ur cheat files are usercheat.dat on dstwo

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my DSTWO a few days ago, and everything works great!
Only problem is, in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Sky it slows down really bad when saving the game. Most of the time after saving it returns to normal speed, but the sound is messed up and plays one note repeatedly. This worked fine on my R4 with Wood. Could it be the 4GB card (DSTWO) is slower than my 2GB card (R4) or something?

I haven't noticed any differences with other games so far, except for one time deleting my file in LOZ:PH.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could it be because it is trimmed? A long time ago I trimmed all my files (I regret doing so, since it changed all the CRC for database/sorting programs).

Clean mode just brings me to a blank, white screen. I will try replacing my ROM with a new one.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's weird, i'm guessing it's your ROM, but there is the possibility that your MicroSD Card is just too slow to properly run the game

try to find a clean ROM, not prepatched or anything

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just copied the EOS files from my 4GB to my 2GB along with the Pokemon game and sav.

Looks like my 2GB can save just fine, so I guess my 4GB is too slow. My other games work fine though?
Weird that it's only this game... How can I go about finding a faster 4GB card? Is class what determines speed?

Korith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I just purchased a DSTwo and had a quick question, didn't think creating a new thread was a good idea.

I know that the slot that the SDmicro goes in is spring loaded. When I take it out it doesn't just come out, it gets caught on something. Seems like i have to push it back in then it is able to come. I don't wanna keep taking it out if this is not the way that it comes out, for fear of breaking it. Is there a trick to it? Or am I already doing it right? Thanks for any replies.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Korith said:
Hi guys, I just purchased a DSTwo and had a quick question, didn't think creating a new thread was a good idea.

I know that the slot that the SDmicro goes in is spring loaded. When I take it out it doesn't just come out, it gets caught on something. Seems like i have to push it back in then it is able to come. I don't wanna keep taking it out if this is not the way that it comes out, for fear of breaking it. Is there a trick to it? Or am I already doing it right? Thanks for any replies.

if your pulling it straight out it will break

you have to push in and you will here it click then the SD card will pop up then you can get it out easily
(you have to push it in quite a way, you can use stylus if fingers to chubby)

just pulling it can cause the spring to fly out and break the mechanism

Korith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pong20302000 said:
Korith said:

if your pulling it straight out it will break

you have to push in and you will here it click then the SD card will pop up then you can get it out easily
(you have to push it in quite a way, you can use stylus if fingers to chubby)

just pulling it can cause the spring to fly out and break the mechanism

Okay yeah, the first time when I tried to pull it out, it stopped, so I knew it didn't just pull out, then I noticed that when I push it in it would sometimes let me pull it out. I didn't know if this was right though, now I actually hear the click when I pull it out. Thank you for your reply.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alex_32571 said:
Just copied the EOS files from my 4GB to my 2GB along with the Pokemon game and sav.

Looks like my 2GB can save just fine, so I guess my 4GB is too slow. My other games work fine though?
Weird that it's only this game... How can I go about finding a faster 4GB card? Is class what determines speed?
you basically just have to buy from good brands, the class is based solely on write speeds

i'd recommend A-DATA, transcend, kingston (made in japan), sandisk, topram, some others i'm forgetting

and make sure to get the microsd card from a reputable site, like amazon

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
Alex_32571 said:

you basically just have to buy from good brands, the class is based solely on write speeds

i'd recommend A-DATA, transcend, kingston (made in japan), sandisk, topram, some others i'm forgetting

and make sure to get the microsd card from a reputable site, like amazon
Figures, my 4 is un-named as far as I can tell and my 2gb is a japanese Kingston.
Thank you for the help. (:

AlexMason

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do saves get saved to a specific place, or do they get saved in same folder as the roms. Asking for organizations features.

peire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ages ago i installed the mame emulater from the dstwo site but have no clue what mame roms are compatable and how to install them on it ??

any idea

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished loading up an 8gig microSD for my DStwo... in short, with all the apps and stuff I can run on this as opposed to the prior acekard2i I was using, I'm now down to 50-something MB's left out of that 8gig card.

Seems I need a storage upgrade.
biggrin.gif
Any chance for some 32gig microSD's that are compatible? I was looking at class 10's on Newegg, and not many of them have particularly good reviews, or have people complaining about them flaking out in a droid phone. Anyone here bought a 32GB microSD to use in their DStwo's? If so, how'd that work out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Read the reviews