Gaming Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Release Thread

Iwata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
but...but...nintendo, the DS wasnt region locked :C I guess Ill wait and see then, I really just want to play the missing 3 Dragon Quest games from japan but no use if i cant read right? So maybe in the mean time while im learning, we might get a translation or some way to region freeify above 4.5.

It really urks me when a company does something like this, the old and new 3DS thing i mean. I get it, you only get to release a console like once every 6 years or so, but you have to stay competitive. But when you make something that alienates part of your audience, like the DS and the DSi thing, I feel almost betrayed. Its even worse when its something that differs between players in the same game. If what you are saying is correct and you have to have a new 3DS to have miiverse.

Everybody's understanding the Miiverse thing incorrectly. All 3DSs can make Miis and use Miiverse (with high enough firmware for Miiverse). The current 3DS units don't have enough extra memory to suspend play from Smash Bros. specifically to post screenshots to Miiverse while the new ones will. That's the only thing.

Reactions: BORTZ
D

Deleted User

BTW, after playing the Demo for quite a bit I can confirm that there are no Combos in this game. It's just like Brawl where it's a 'pink-pong' style of gameplay.

There were videos of Mario doing combos but even those can be broken with a well timed jump, and I"m not talking about the glitched Megaman Combo Cancel, I'm talking about every character being able to 'break free' from any type of combo by merely jumping.

Iwata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
BTW, after playing the Demo for quite a bit I can confirm that there are no Combos in this game. It's just like Brawl where it's a 'pink-pong' style of gameplay.

There were videos of Mario doing combos but even those can be broken with a well timed jump, and I"m not talking about the glitched Megaman Combo Cancel, I'm talking about every character being able to 'break free' from any type of combo by merely jumping.

Sounds great to me.

D

Deleted User

Sounds great to me.

Yeah, it's casual smash. Absolutely no way to make combos work unless it's with items or something like Link throwing his boomering/a bomb and wait for it to return with a well timed attack.

Jokiz

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'd appreciate a EU code if anyone still has any! :)

Anyways, combo's or no combo's, I just can't wait to play Smash on the go.
I have my good old Melee for when I'm home.
Yes, it does suck that they took out all the advanced aspects of the game, but I never wanted to play the 3DS version competitively anyways.
Now the Wii U version on the other hand... :(

My biggest gripe with the games is they kept Brawl Falco :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and a buddy used to play that, is pretty fun. Graphics were pretty good also at that time, I think what 5-6 years ago. --Edit yea was 2018
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
    LNLenost @ LNLenost: i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but...