Gaming Super Smash Bros. for 3DS Release Thread

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Missing Wario and ROB, any word on how to unlock these? I've passed classic with over 30 chars, I had to go back and pass it with Koopa again to get Jr.
Wario is something to do with Multi-man smash. ROB no clue, but 70 VS matches works.

Hkari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you or anyone post the filename? i am finding nada by my own.
Try searching for 大乱斗. The dump is 1,14 GB. I don't want to say more and risk getting banned.

Additionally, try searching this thread in the comments made in the early morning CDT. There were more hints there.

Eamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I have a question. Actually 2 questions :P

1) SO many people who got the rom or the demo didn't realise both required an SD card with 4gb or larger. And when they get the new SD card, format it etc and update emunand, many have reported that it installed to sysnand instead?

Is this actually true? Or is this because people did not pay attention and notice when the 3ds returned back to system firmware?

2) As for online. I had previously heard that the only way to go online was to get your own copy of the game then rip it yourself since each cartridge comes with its own id data - and if Nintendo sees so many people playing online with the same id data then it risks banning or blocking.

But I've skimmed through the pages and see people talking about "custom header" or whatnot. Is there a way to create a unique ID for your "downloaded" version of the game instead of using your legit rom backed up with gateway?

Sorox

Master Firo Soul
Trophies
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I really wish BBB would dump from the JP eshop :P
Doubt they will though. Ive never seen them do it before. They probably dont have a Jp 3ds.

Edit: just checked, and they have dumped JP games before, but never Jp eshop titles. Im not getting my hopes up

Hey guys, I have a question. Actually 2 questions :P

1) SO many people who got the rom or the demo didn't realise both required an SD card with 4gb or larger. And when they get the new SD card, format it etc and update emunand, many have reported that it installed to sysnand instead?

My Demo was installed on both Sysnand and EmuNand. Not sure why, but it hasnt impeded anything, so not that big od a deal.

Is this actually true? Or is this because people did not pay attention and notice when the 3ds returned back to system firmware?

2) As for online. I had previously heard that the only way to go online was to get your own copy of the game then rip it yourself since each cartridge comes with its own id data - and if Nintendo sees so many people playing online with the same id data then it risks banning or blocking.

But I've skimmed through the pages and see people talking about "custom header" or whatnot. Is there a way to create a unique ID for your "downloaded" version of the game instead of using your legit rom backed up with gateway?

You can rip the header off a game you dump yourself, then inject it into a downloaded rom to enable online play without risking it being flagged for multiple uses.

fleb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Part one and part two. He goes through most of the menus although he doesn't do customisation stuff, so non japanese speakers will have to not use it or guess.

Thanks for this! For those worried about the slow loading it looks like the retail cart is slow to load as well, so no worries there. Like someone posted earlier it has to go into extended memory mode, most likely the cause of lag.

paulyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why the Demo....? 大乱斗.rar ;P Also if you try to update the game on a NA console it just say files not available yet.
I thought it would be handy for checking which menu does what etc, I have 2 3DS at hope with gateway cards & I was going to load the demo on one & the JAP ROM on the other to see which menu does which mode etc

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'm surprised you like the dpad so much. How do you do tilts?

It's optional so if they offered to change between the two I'd go with the D-PAD because I could control my character a lot quicker and actually jump.

I sure hope they offer customisable controls for the Wii U too (that includes swapping the Analogue Stick for the D-PAD).

Eamon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If this game prompts you for a firmware update, you're not doing it right.

No you've completely misunderstood what I was asking.

I am asking this: Both the Japanese Rom and the normal Demo require at least a 4gb SD card. Many other people (not me) have reported that after changing their 2gb to 4gb or above (which requires a process of updating the new emunand to the latest firmware update) that instead of updating on emunand it updated on sysnand instead. I'm asking if this is an actual problem or is it due to people not realising that their 3ds had reverted back to sysnand before they decided to update to the latest firmware.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just found the "Listen to the soundtrack" option. How ironic, here you can listen to the Rainbow Road 7 music without the engine on the background while in the actual game you can't, and the lack of a OST for MK7 is disturbing as well.

I'm noticing this game is very compressed regarding to music. The playback quality of the soundtrack is a bit poor.

Tavo_7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's optional so if they offered to change between the two I'd go with the D-PAD because I could control my character a lot quicker and actually jump.

I sure hope they offer customisable controls for the Wii U too (that includes swapping the Analogue Stick for the D-PAD).

Using the dpad you lose access to quick smashes and various angled recoveries/tilts/smashes, it would be similar to using the wii mote on brawl which is greatly inferior to a gamecube controller. Double tapping to smash/run only makes you slower to be honest.

supermalloch

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey! Does anyone knows how to remap buttons in the Jap version?
Ultra-hi-b0rtz bump
To change control config,:
1: go to "Other Games"
NFgJ6zC.jpg

2: Go to "Options"
rhY4t1V.jpg

3:Click the first option (the on with the + (plus) symbol)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff