Gaming Super Smash Bros Brawl (USA) PAL guide

Frankdj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Buy why does everybody use this complicated Trucha-method, when according to you it is possibile to use brickblocker?

bradws82

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I must say its pretty disconcerting when you're downloading near on 8gb and every second person on here is saying it doesn't work.

There used to be a time when one or two reliable posts would come in verifying that it worked - now common sense seems to be overun with people that can't be bothered reading 4 pages of thread demanding immediate help for their 'unique' issues. Same goes for games on other consoles too.

Dual channels is not a semi-brick - its simply useless NTSC channels sitting there which I already had way back from MP3... It's a matter of opinion but I'd say a semi-bricked console is when you can't enter the settings menu because you've updated a PAL machine with a NTSC or JAP firmware update.

It really couldn't be easier;

Dual channels already/don't care;
Update to 3.2E via the net.
Burn the ISO @ 2.4x on good DVD+R media / good burner.
Layerbreak for all chips bar WiiKey.
No ISO modifcation necessary.

If you are fussed over the dual channels;
bailli's instructions above will get you though.

I'm using a Pioneer 215D with Verbatim 2.4x DL DVD+R (MKM-001-00).
Use good media and not a pre-historic burner and it DOES work.

tymore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
rodak said:
tymore said:
Great guide Rodak!!
finally i got it working but i cant see any movies now , whenever a movie start i have to really really fast skip it orelse i get a lime green "cannot read disc" .
Bad burn or did i do somwthing wrong ?

Pal with wiikey
maybe a bad burn, or you can try turning deflicker off, i have added some info in the first post

Tryed 3 reburns now, with and without the LB.
Turning deflicker off, but nothing helps.. still getting "cannot read disc" shen a movie starts.
is there anything else i could try? already wasted 6 discs now =/

btw i am using Verbatim dl+ 2.4x made in singapore, also tryed a TDK so it cant be bad media.

obener

Trophies
XP
Country
will replacing update with Prophets modified __update.inf in Trucha then using regionfrii to JAP work? or is there another way of doing it for JAP consoles?

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
FWIW i'm using a pal 3.1e with wiikey - and i found burning with imgburn using the layer break gave disc read errors (the moment the intro loads), burning with clone CD without a manual layer break seems to work for me (so far anyway)

cyberrico

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Social0 said:
arkhan said:
WHY in the hell nobody posts a good link for te download of the "key.bin" file?
WTF? I really dont understand why... I just need that file and I dont seem to find it... at least not with the cues you give... CAN ANYONE HELP IN THIS PART?

I'm really pissed with this SSBB...

BTW I have a Wii PAL (bought in January 2008) with D2CKEY and firmware 3.1E...

Sorry about the bad words... BUT I'M REALLY PISSED!

if you're talking about trucha then you don't need a key.bin file, you just need to set the right common key in the wiikeyset.reg and then execute it.
Read the readme, and finding the key shouldn't be any problem

I'm confused as well. I have read every post here and the more I read, the more I am confused. I just don't get the whole "key.bin" thing. Searches don't come up with anything and the readme that you referred us to says the following:

This program let you extracts files, replace files, and
insert a "trucha signature" in a Wii disc partition, the
source data could be an ISO image or just be read straight
from a DVD drive (backup copies).

This program requieres the "common key" available in a
Keyset in the window registry (use the example Keyset
provide as a template and add keys on it).

So according to this, there is a common key in the windows registry. So this file is in windows? I seriously doubt that. I apologize for my utter ignorance but I need this file to move forward. I respect the fact that you might not be able to post a link for legal reasons, but please understand that some of us, despite decent grades in college are a bit dim and need the "for dummies" explanation of things.

I have read every single post in this thread and the 100 page thread in AD and I am at my witt's end. I have stacks and stacks of DL DVDs in my living room that are a failure after failure. Some of them won't run at all. Most of them will get past the intro screen, into "NOW LOADING" and then it goes into the white background with green letters "can't read" or whatever.

Some of the disks give me the 001 error and I am hoping that I can circumvent it with the tutorial in this thread.

For the record, my I have a USA wii 3.2u with wiikey 1.9g. SMG runs fine.

I have used three types of media: Verbatim, Memorex and Office Depot (lol) which is actually the same identical media as the Memorex.

I am obsessed with getting this game working. Please help.

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
arkhan said:
WTF? I really dont understand why... I just need that file and I dont seem to find it... at least not with the cues you give... CAN ANYONE HELP IN THIS PART?
"cough" try searching for key.bin on usenet

cyberrico

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
godsakes said:
arkhan said:
"cough" try searching for key.bin on usenet

I did a Google search for "usenet search" and used all of the search engines on that first page to search for "key.bin". The first engine is the one I use to get 99% of my movies and games. It comes up with Avast pro, a bunch of weird MP3s and Photoshop. None of which are actual key.bin files. All of the rest came up with absolutely nothing.

georgel007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a question for those who tried ssmb (ntsc versione) with wiifreeloader, wiikey 1.9g and wii pal 3.2. is the game still making that update? because i don't want to have duplicate channels.
is the game working without problems? because now i use to play with a burned copy modified by trucha-method but from time to time my WII is freezing. thank you.

godsakes

Trophies
XP
Country
cyberrico said:
I did a Google search for "usenet search" and used all of the search engines on that first page to search for "key.bin". The first engine is the one I use to get 99% of my movies and games. It comes up with Avast pro, a bunch of weird MP3s and Photoshop. None of which are actual key.bin files. All of the rest came up with absolutely nothing.
make sure your usenet search is going back up to 70 days (trust me it's there)

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
tymore said:
rodak said:
tymore said:
Great guide Rodak!!
finally i got it working but i cant see any movies now , whenever a movie start i have to really really fast skip it orelse i get a lime green "cannot read disc" .

Pal with wiikey
maybe a bad burn, or you can try turning deflicker off, i have added some info in the first post

Turning deflicker off, but nothing helps.. still getting "cannot read disc" shen a movie starts.

btw i am using Verbatim dl+ 2.4x made in singapore, also tryed a TDK so it cant be bad media.
Unplug your Wii from the powercord, plug it back in, boot up, change your Wii tv settings to 60hz, skip the movies if any, turn deflicker off (to be sure delete your saved data if any), it should work now, although some movies still can give you problems. You can just try one of the discs you already burned...
if you have a Wiikey you don't have to use lb.

cyberrico

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
godsakes said:
cyberrico said:
make sure your usenet search is going back up to 70 days (trust me it's there)

I found it but not on the Newsgroups or via torrents.

I followed the directions to the letter and it did not work.

jc85

Trophies
XP
Country
First of all, thanks for the great guide! I know I wouldn't have got this far without it. I'm still having a bit of trouble though.

My Wii has th latest software update (3.2E), as does my WiiKey (1.9G). I used Trucha Signer to replace the update & re-sign both partitions, then converted the video mode from NTSC to PAL, patched with RegionFrii and burned with the layer break set. The "update" process from the disc worked, and I'm able to run the game in both 576i (in-game & videos slow down when deflicker is enabled) and 480i (no warning screen). Local multiplayer seems to work fine, as does Solo Classic mode, but online multiplayer never finds any opponents (which has been mentioned previously in this thread).

The main problem I'm having is with Adventure Mode - after selecting it from the menu, I'm given the choice of "New" or "Continue". Choosing "New" displays a "Choose a name" screen, with "Begin without entering a name" highlighted, and no other choices. This allows me to start the game without saving progress, which runs fine. If I choose "Continue", I'm again shown one option, this time marked as "Previous Data" and just saying "~EMPTY~". Selecting this pops up a message saying "Unable to load this save data."

Has anyone else had this problem? Is it something to do with modifying the ISO? Also, since I've already "updated", would I be able to burn a copy of the original ISO (I modified a copy) and run it safely, since the WiiKey automatically changes the game region? I can't test this right now - the burner in my home computer doesn't like the latest box of DVDs I've bought, so I had to take the ISO into work and do it there, which means I need to wait til Monday to try another burn
mad.gif

kurisu74

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i used the new wii freeloader and it booted the clean iso (no brickblocking or regio patch needed) - but it was all in red... maybe becasue i'm not using component but scart on a hdtv?

tymore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bewitched said:
tymore said:
rodak said:
tymore said:
Great guide Rodak!!

Pal with wiikey

Unplug your Wii from the powercord, plug it back in, boot up, change your Wii tv settings to 60hz, skip the movies if any, turn deflicker off (to be sure delete your saved data if any), it should work now, although some movies still can give you problems. You can just try one of the discs you already burned...
if you have a Wiikey you don't have to use lb.

Sry m8 no luck this time either =/
Maybe my wii cant read dual layer discs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof