Trophies
XP
Country
Neo3000 said:
I did exactly like in the first post..

This is what I said before:

QUOTE said:
Okay..

I've read A LOT of topics on this trough now, and it seems like there is a lot of doubt on how to actually do this..

I have:

PAL Wii v. 3.1E
D2CKey

Can someone give me a guide to what I need to do.. I have read a lot of topics on WiiKey chips, but some says that using that method do not work on D2C..

So in short version: I need some help converting from NTSC-U to PAL, with D2CKey

I will jump up and down all day if I get this working (not really, I'll probably be playing
tongue.gif
)

I updated my Wii to 3.2E before putting in my modded NTSC disc..

Now - When I put in my disc, all that happens is: "An error has occurred. Press eject button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii Console off and refer to the wii operations manual for help troubleshooting"

I have tried with two DVD+R DL now - can someone tell me what is wrong here? (besides not having a WiiKey
frown.gif
)

Still no help for this? Should I try other an other DVD+R DL brand?

arkhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Neo3000 said:
Neo3000 said:
I did exactly like in the first post..

This is what I said before:

QUOTE said:
Okay..

I've read A LOT of topics on this trough now, and it seems like there is a lot of doubt on how to actually do this..

I have:

PAL Wii v. 3.1E
D2CKey

Can someone give me a guide to what I need to do.. I have read a lot of topics on WiiKey chips, but some says that using that method do not work on D2C..

So in short version: I need some help converting from NTSC-U to PAL, with D2CKey

I will jump up and down all day if I get this working (not really, I'll probably be playing
tongue.gif
)

I updated my Wii to 3.2E before putting in my modded NTSC disc..

Now - When I put in my disc, all that happens is: "An error has occurred. Press eject button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii Console off and refer to the wii operations manual for help troubleshooting"

I have tried with two DVD+R DL now - can someone tell me what is wrong here? (besides not having a WiiKey
frown.gif
)

Still no help for this? Should I try other an other DVD+R DL brand?

Tried:
Additional info for some users:

Remove the 001 Error and Change Video Mode:
Do this between step 14 and 15.

1. Go into the second partition PARTITION (RSBE01), extract the main.dol

2. Open main.dol with bailli tool and hit "Remove 001" and hit "NTCS-2-PAL" then hit SAVE. if you do not hit save, it wont fix it.

3. In trucha signer, right click the main.dol that you just extracted, hit replace and replace it with your new modified main.dol

4. Right click the partition in trucha signer and resign the partition

HyperShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malta
Did all the steps listed in the first post - Brawl runs for me on a PAL wii 3.1E with wiikey 1.9g.
However, after about 1minute of playing (tried classic mode so far only), the game freezes with a horrible buzzing sound, and i need to pull the wii's power source to switch it off.

Any other tips? What type of error is this?

tymore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great guide Rodak!!
finally i got it working but i cant see any movies now , whenever a movie start i have to really really fast skip it orelse i get a lime green "cannot read disc" .
Bad burn or did i do somwthing wrong ?

Pal with wiikey

rodak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tymore said:
Great guide Rodak!!
finally i got it working but i cant see any movies now , whenever a movie start i have to really really fast skip it orelse i get a lime green "cannot read disc" .
Bad burn or did i do somwthing wrong ?

Pal with wiikey
maybe a bad burn, or you can try turning deflicker off, i have added some info in the first post

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So just for the record:

1st attempt: Platinum DVD+R DL; 2,4x w/o layer break => after "Now loading..." green error screen
2nd attempt: Verbatim DVD+R DL (made in Singapure); 2,4x with layer break => works perfectly, including smooth movies (at least till now)

kallekall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thundi said:
rodak said:
Thundi said:
Hi Guys,

i just tried it myself, followed all the steps from the first post (including video mode change!), except using regionfrii, because i thought that's what the generic wii tool patcher thingy will do too. So far i got it working, but only in 50 hz, in 60 hz the screen stays black and it won't start. Furthermore, the intro video was very laggy, the sound kinda chopped. I tried a Mario vs. Mario vs. Mario vs. Mario fight, because i read its gonna crash on some move and it sure as hell did. :-( Yet other fights seem to be working ok, haven't tried online yet. Is there any solution for my problems, did i miss something or do something wrong?
I am using a PAL Wii, v 3.2e with latest wiikey update.

Thanks and Greets.

Try turning the deflicker OFF in the game options, then set your wii to 60Hz, may work but i´m not sure.

Hell yeah it worked, screen stayed black for short but then the game started and now its not lagging and even the mario water attack works! Thanks a bunch mate!!
bow.gif

Have the same problem. Going to do the same thing and see what will happen. Will tell you later in this post.

EDIT: Did work! The screen stayed blue (that what my TV-show when it got no signal) but after a while (did not feel like a short while since a short while for me is 2-3 sec, at least when it come to this kind of things). No lag and perfect picture!

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
It's hard to see on youtube, but i uploaded a video of the Wii set to 480i and SSBB playing in 480P

I switch a few times from channel zo the tv shows the video mode.

The Wii is attached with official Nintendo Component Cable to the TV
(My TV always show PC VGA even when switching to Component Cable)

here is a link to the youtube page incase the video doesn't show up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9KFDnlaH48

GamerGuides

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just so I don't waste my last DL disc, I have a PAL 3.1E Wii with Wiikey 1.9g, I got the duplicate channels with SMG when that came out and SMG ran perfectly, so if I simply burn the D/L iso with region frii set to PAL, I'll most likely be able to play this game if I let it go through its update in full?

I'd be looking to run it in 60Hz mode through an RGB cable (if that info makes any difference).

Thanks in advance for all help!
smile.gif

poarno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DjoeNtje said:
Seems all the 480P problems are solved if you burn the "UNTOUCHED" ISO

Then use the dump of Freeloader
wink.gif

Burn and use Freeloader (PAL version) and it plays perfectly fine in 480P

Untouched means without the 001 Error patch?

hr21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DjoeNtje said:

wink.gif

yeah i got the 'touched' version and it only runs 480i. Also why would you require freeloader?

arghming

Trophies
XP
Country
OMG it works, all i had to do was update my pal Cyclowiz chip to 3.6beta, i'm running it on V3.1E
all i did was:
burned with imgburn with the specific layer
i burned it on a Vertabim DL disk at 2.4
put it in and updated the wii.
and it works like a charm
biggrin.gif
i'm one happy camper
but its a bit laggy and the mario move freezes up, i'll try what you guys have suggested and report back.
does anyone know how to get rid of the duplicate channels?

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i get a no input screen during th time when the health thing and the loading screen should be up, and then it goes to normal in the movie

60hz, 3.1e, SSBBUS (singlelayer version)

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
poarno said:
DjoeNtje said:

wink.gif

Untouched means without the 001 Error patch?

That you have to try out yourself, as my Wii is updated with the JPN version of SSBB i don't have that problem

hr21 said:
QUOTE(DjoeNtje @ Mar 13 2008, 09:49 PM)

wink.gif

yeah i got the 'touched' version and it only runs 480i. Also why would you require freeloader?

Why?

You don't have to mess around with the ISO, for those ppl not having trucha signer to work,
You just need to pop in the freeloader, wait for the GC logo and eject the disc, then put in SSBB and play
For alot of ppl it is easier to burn a copy of Freeloader to DVD (No you can't burn it to CD) then burn the "UNTOUCHED" iso to DVD DL
and pop it in, instead of messing around with trucha signer and other tools.

If Nintendo ever gonna do a patch to close the trucha signer and/or Freeloader, you still can play SSBB if it isn't touched, no need
to redownload or reburn it again.

That alone is for me reason enough to use Freeloader from now on to play imports.
I'm not to lazy to press the eject button and pop in the game disc, it only takes a few seconds longer before you can play.

Trucha Signer i will use from now on only to mess around with iso's (swap languages/enable/disable stuff if possible)

Ever asked around how much DL media some ppl already wasted cause the f*ck*d up the iso and burn?
If i read around some ppl wasted already to many DL media.

Anyway, in the end it's to you what methode you use, as long as you get it to work
biggrin.gif

bailli

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
DjoeNtje said:
Ever asked around how much DL media some ppl already wasted cause the f*ck*d up the iso and burn?
If i read around some ppl wasted already to many DL media.

That has nothing to do with modifing the contents of the ISO. If your Wii doesn't like the burned media it is because it is physically a bad media.
I still have to read the first case where modified discs cause problems (of course not counting attempts to make other region games work!).

But I must agree with you on one point: If you already have dual channels or have already updated with the JAP version of SSBB (no dual channels)
then just use brickblocker and be happy. Video mode patch or anything else is unnecessary. (Just one exclusion: modchip without 001-fix)
Because than you have a "trucha-signer-untainted" copy that is immune to further wii updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: