Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Elrinth said:
snakesnoke said:
Some people here say it will only work in 480i then?

well I did EXACTLY like it said in the first post and I had to set my wii console to 50hz to start the game.. 480i wouldn't show any image.

and now I know if there is any way to fix the iso so it goes back to 480i. because I try to extract the main.dol again and open it with the GWP tool and it doesn't want it anymore.

will I have to download the iso once again or is there any way to fix the image I already have?
Enter the game in 50Hz mode.

Turn "D" off in the options.

Reboot Wii.

Set it to 60Hz.

Start the game (wait a few seconds while the screen is black)

???

Profit

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
mantorras said:
Elrinth said:
snakesnoke said:
Some people here say it will only work in 480i then?

well I did EXACTLY like it said in the first post and I had to set my wii console to 50hz to start the game.. 480i wouldn't show any image.

and now I know if there is any way to fix the iso so it goes back to 480i. because I try to extract the main.dol again and open it with the GWP tool and it doesn't want it anymore.

will I have to download the iso once again or is there any way to fix the image I already have?
Enter the game in 50Hz mode.

Turn "D" off in the options.

Reboot Wii.

Set it to 60Hz.

Start the game (wait a few seconds while the screen is black)

???

Profit

Worked!!! and no stuttering in intro!!!! BAD ASS THANX MAN! and note, I was trying to get 480i working

dagdag

Trophies
XP
Country
Rodak's post is excellent.I did every steps like he and my results are : Burned Verbatim DVD+DL with ImgBurn (speed 8x) and game works.I mistaked speed of disc recording (8x is very fast ) but it works.I tested game via component cable ( HDTV 480p), works perfectly.My Wii (DMS) is PAL 3.2E with Yaosm 3.0 RC1 modchip ( PIC 12F675 ).

Neo3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did exactly like in the first post..

This is what I said before:

QUOTE said:
Okay..

I've read A LOT of topics on this trough now, and it seems like there is a lot of doubt on how to actually do this..

I have:

PAL Wii v. 3.1E
D2CKey

Can someone give me a guide to what I need to do.. I have read a lot of topics on WiiKey chips, but some says that using that method do not work on D2C..

So in short version: I need some help converting from NTSC-U to PAL, with D2CKey

I will jump up and down all day if I get this working (not really, I'll probably be playing
tongue.gif
)

I updated my Wii to 3.2E before putting in my modded NTSC disc..

Now - When I put in my disc, all that happens is: "An error has occurred. Press eject button and remove the disc, then turn the Wii Console off and refer to the wii operations manual for help troubleshooting"

I have tried with two DVD+R DL now - can someone tell me what is wrong here? (besides not having a WiiKey
frown.gif
)

woytek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
DiMENSiON said:
Can someone confirm that it really works with 480p?
Because it turns to 480i as soon as I start the game.

Thanks in advace.

I just read somewhere on the boards that it helps if you put your wii into 480i mode. Then Brawl would presumably play in 480p. I just read this somewhere, I don't know for sure.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
woytek said:
DiMENSiON said:
Can someone confirm that it really works with 480p?
Because it turns to 480i as soon as I start the game.

Thanks in advace.

I just read somewhere on the boards that it helps if you put your wii into 480i mode. Then Brawl would presumably play in 480p. I just read this somewhere, I don't know for sure.

WTF,

This indeed works

I put my Wii in 480i mode

Then started the game and it switches to 480P60

Strange, but hé, it works /

(When i put my Wii back to 480P, then start the game agian, it switches to 480i, so i leave my Wii menu in 480i
tongue.gif
for awhile
Most, to not all other games that use 480P needs the Wii to be set in 480P)

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
DiMENSiON said:
No, if you set to 480i in Wii settings ONLY the Warning screen will be in 480p, the game itself will be in 480i. Sad but true...
mad.gif

Not here!
- Wii Settings 480i (Wii GUI is in 480i then)
- SSBB game when started, the TV switches to 480P60
- After the Warning screen game still is in 480P60 and it plays fine in 480P60 (Playing now for about 30 minutes)
- When i go back to the Wii Menu, the TV switches back to 480i

And SSBB looks damned fine in 480P60!

fLaMePrO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems to work fine with the trucha-signed method - just weird when launching the game from Wii menu, it sits on a blue screen for like 10 seconds, then goes white and straight to the intro movie. Don't see any warning or anything. This is in 60hz / 480i mode by the way - on 50hz, everything loads up fine with the warning and stuff, but it looks crap and the intro movie lags etc. Didn't seem to make a difference whether deflicker was turned on or off...oh well, great game and haven't had any crashes or anything
biggrin.gif

But then there's the fact that I can't find anyone to battle online - that sucks! Anyone know why? I can spectate fine, and haven't tried playing a friend yet, but it'd be nice to battle against randoms
wacko.gif

[edit] Grr if deflicker is on, the game won't start at all and just gets stuck on the blue screen...but deflicker makes it look so much smoother, which is definitely annoying!! Any possible fix to allow both deflicker and 60hz? cos it works fine ingame, just can't start the game with both on :S

skeleton

Trophies
XP
Country
for some reason everything i tried didint work i wasted 6 dl disks then i read another topic saying all i need is latest brickblocker and burn the disc 2.4x without user spec layer break. and i can play sssb 480p now on my pal console worked instantly so if u have no luck with topic try that worked for me. i have wiikey 3.2e and used tdk+r dl disks

Wessiej

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I did all the steps but when I put the disc in it says that it is going to update, but then it freezes...

Anybody an solution? I have a Pal Wii 3.0E.

Marticuno

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wessiej said:
So I did all the steps but when I put the disc in it says that it is going to update, but then it freezes...

Isn't 3.2 the latest update? Try updating to that first, maybe, I don't know, just a tip ^^

arghming

Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys,
i have read the tutorial on page one and don't understand step 6. whats "MD5 of 8D1A2EBCD82A3469B77FACF15D9C8E50" mean? i have tried googling it and haven't found anything. i also have tried using "*key.bin nintendo wii and brawl". if anyone can point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. thanks
i have wasted 2 dl disks already
frown.gif

Wessiej

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Marticuno said:
Wessiej said:

Isn't 3.2 the latest update? Try updating to that first, maybe, I don't know, just a tip ^^
Yeah I know, but when I need to update it, i need to bring it to another place you know.

arkhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WHY in the hell nobody posts a good link for te download of the "key.bin" file?
WTF? I really dont understand why... I just need that file and I dont seem to find it... at least not with the cues you give... CAN ANYONE HELP IN THIS PART?

I'm really pissed with this SSBB...

BTW I have a Wii PAL (bought in January 2008) with D2CKEY and firmware 3.1E...

Sorry about the bad words... BUT I'M REALLY PISSED!

Social0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
arkhan said:
WHY in the hell nobody posts a good link for te download of the "key.bin" file?
WTF? I really dont understand why... I just need that file and I dont seem to find it... at least not with the cues you give... CAN ANYONE HELP IN THIS PART?

I'm really pissed with this SSBB...

BTW I have a Wii PAL (bought in January 2008) with D2CKEY and firmware 3.1E...

Sorry about the bad words... BUT I'M REALLY PISSED!

if you're talking about trucha then you don't need a key.bin file, you just need to set the right common key in the wiikeyset.reg and then execute it.
Read the readme, and finding the key shouldn't be any problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've been on since 9.0 +1