Hacking Super Smash Bros Brawl (PAL) Issues

Boggot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i did not try it myself, but i read on anothe rpost that a guy tested the same method with imgburn and used a particular layer break reccomended for d2pro's and he still got the white screen of death

and to be honest i dont think its the Drive itself as it boots up fine and begins lading. it just gets stuck after saving game data

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country

Koekje

OP
Trophies
Website
supertosti.furion.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fission said:
Koekje said:
Fission said:
Then, have you also the answer if i say that the NTSC DL works fine and the PAL doesn't? They are the same discs, only difference is the region.

I don't know - it's a statement from Nintendo regarding the PAL version discs, not the US version.
Well, if i remember correctly, they have brought out exact the same text for the NTSC version, because i remember this text from earlier, when the NTSC was just released, and they had also trouble reading the discs, but this was a different way then these PAL discs.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Koekje said:
Fission said:
Koekje said:
Fission said:
Then, have you also the answer if i say that the NTSC DL works fine and the PAL doesn't? They are the same discs, only difference is the region.

I don't know - it's a statement from Nintendo regarding the PAL version discs, not the US version.
Well, if i remember correctly, they have brought out exact the same text for the NTSC version, because i remember this text from earlier, when the NTSC was just released, and they had also trouble reading the discs, but this was a different way then these PAL discs.

So it basically is affecting both regions in different ways. But the DRE's shouldn't even happen should they?
Didn't Nintendo think of the strong possibility that developers would be designing a game that wouldn't fit on a DVD-5.

Seems incompetent to me.
(Nintendo's 'cleaning' basically means adjusting the pot-screw)
rolleyes.gif

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Do I have faulty Wii? When I insert DVD+DL it clicks three times, and stops. Even blank DVDs spins for a second!

Maybe I must adjust a pot? How? I had done it with GameCube with good result.

edit: 300 posts! Yay!

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
skawo96 said:
Do I have faulty Wii? When I insert DVD+DL it clicks three times, and stops. Even blank DVDs spins for a second!

Do you hear a soft beep when the disc spins up? That means it's loading the disc.

The clicking means the lens is not reading the disc properly - so the chances are that your disc is improperly burned or your lens needs adjusting.

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Fission said:
skawo96 said:

Clicking means the lens is not reading the disc properly - so the chances are that your disc is improperly burned or your lens needs adjusting.
I'll try again with VERBATIM and with another DVD burner.

And again: How to adjust pot?

mattlouf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Koekje said:
hippyharry said:
Raylene2K7 said:
oh boys!
just do it like i said in posting #101

just buy some good quality DVD+R DL's and the game will work!!!! (Verbatim!)

you don't need to do any sh*t with layerbreaks!
- open Nero
- open the iso
- burn (i did 4x)
- insert in your wii
- play!

This was taken from here - http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=92308&st=105

I never burn Wii games with Nero, because they generally all fail with burning. Nero can't open them (Unknown image) or after burning it can't read the disc. I would really be surprised if it suddenly worked for this one.

I tried twice Imgburn : they both failed (one DL stopped at 50% and 1 DVDRW laggy as hell)
I always use Nero and never had a problem
I just ran Nero for my second DVDDDL and it worked 1st time.
So yes, NERO DO WORKS , and in my case : FAR BETTER !!

Koekje

OP
Trophies
Website
supertosti.furion.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just tried to burn it with the guide from the previous page. I downloaded that .dvd file and used it, putted the layerbreak in, and also changed the speed to 2.4x. It burned like a charm, but due to that my burner don't understand 2.4x, it burned at 4x. Anyway, it works now!! Thanks a lot!
yaynds.gif
grog.gif

Boggot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Koekje said:
I just tried to burn it with the guide from the previous page. I downloaded that .dvd file and used it, putted the layerbreak in, and also changed the speed to 2.4x. It burned like a charm, but due to that my burner don't understand 2.4x, it burned at 4x. Anyway, it works now!! Thanks a lot!
yaynds.gif
grog.gif

which .dvd file was that?

Koekje

OP
Trophies
Website
supertosti.furion.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Boggot said:
Koekje said:
yaynds.gif
grog.gif

which .dvd file was that?
Look in this guide for what you need to do: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=91738
It's under "Steps to get Brawl on to DVD9 (no trimming)."
grog.gif

It also got the link for the file in there, it's under the word "this" in "Download this file".

Koekje

OP
Trophies
Website
supertosti.furion.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands

Kokorazashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok, so I'm downloading this and before I waste any DVD9 discs I need to clear things up.

So I can use IMGBurn or Nero (I have both so whatever) and just burn it without doing a layer break and it will work and no booktyping needed? I'm getting a PAL one for my PAL Wii (Duh!)

EDIT: I don't know if my burner is for DL, how can I check?

stevet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to let you know

I have a Pal Wii 3.3 firmware with the latest wiikey 1.9s.

Burnt using Nero V8.3.2.1 on Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL

Worked first time great with my Sony DVD burner. Didn't have any problem with the US SSBB using the same disks.

Koekje

OP
Trophies
Website
supertosti.furion.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kokorazashi said:
Ok, so I'm downloading this and before I waste any DVD9 discs I need to clear things up.

So I can use IMGBurn or Nero (I have both so whatever) and just burn it without doing a layer break and it will work and no booktyping needed? I'm getting a PAL one for my PAL Wii (Duh!)

EDIT: I don't know if my burner is for DL, how can I check?
A: I'll suggest IMGburn, it will also answer one more of your questions.
B: I suggest using the layerbreak.
C: If your burner supports booktype, i recommend using it, not only for this game but all Wii games.
D: If you have a DL, put it in your burner, open IMGburn, select Write image to disc and check the right part, it will show you data about a lot of things, also about the disc that's inserted. If you can see that a DL is inserted, then it is supported, if it says No disc then it doesn't.

Koekje

OP
Trophies
Website
supertosti.furion.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
stevet said:
Just to let you know

I have a Pal Wii 3.3 firmware with the latest wiikey 1.9s.

Burnt using Nero V8.3.2.1 on Verbatim 2.4x DVD+R DL

Worked first time great with my Sony DVD burner. Didn't have any problem with the US SSBB using the same disks.
Not everyone is that lucky, if i try to burn any Wii game with Nero, it always fails. (Yes, i have the same Nero as you) Also i have still firmware version 3.2E, because of the trouble with 3.3, and i'll wait until it's 100% secure to upgrade before i do so.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
I have searched the forums and the comments for the .iso but still cant get this to work.
In the comments someone else said they had the clicking drive problem, but it was resolved after updating the chip. I'm absolutely gutted about this.

I burned to THE best DL Dvd's you can get Verbatim +DL (from Singapore, not india), I added the layerbreak manually. 2084960

I tried it on my Wii (3.1E) with my WiiKey, it wouldn't work, I wont even display the game in the channel, it just makes a couple of clicking noises and then says the old "unrecognised disc". I updated the WiiKey to 1.9s from the official WiiKey site, and still, CLICK, CLICK STOP ! ! !

Why the clicking?

So...
SSBB WiiKey 1.9s on 3.1E, Verbatim DL+ (Singapore) and added the layerbreak manually in IMGBurn.

What am I missing? I only have a couple of DL's left to try.

In one of the topics I saw that there is a .dvd file to burn with SSBB, I've downloaded that, but not tried it yet, because I thought it might just be a way to set the layerbreak, does it do something different, and how can I get this to work, pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeez :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk