Super Smash Bros. 3DS Sells 705,000 copies in first two days - America

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're underestimating the amount of rich parents who're willing to buy a console even for only one game because don't forget that Christmas is the most lucrative season of the entire year so Super Smash Bros. for Wii U alongside Pokémon OR/AS they'll be selling like hotcakes, whether it's John Lewis, GAME, GameStop, Selfridges, HMV, Tesco, Argos or a different retailer they'll most likely have a hard time keeping stock of both games for too long during this season.

No, you're overestimating the pull that demographic has, not to mention the general interest in the Wii U or Smash Bros. Just because there are parents who could easily afford such a purchase doesn't mean they'll be willing to, especially considering the fact that the PS4 and Xbox One are in far greater demand.

There'll certainly be people who'll buy the Wii U for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U during Christmas plus including how popular the series is, it's illogical to think it'd sell less than a million copies.

Good thing nobody said otherwise. Stop moving the goalposts.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I believe smash bros. for the 3DS was produced because of the Wii-U's shitty sale numbers.

Everyone says this, but a little digging shows that it's not true. Masahiro Sakurai announced development of Super Smash Bros. for both Wii U and 3DS at E3 2011, a year and a half before the Wii U's release. If anything, the 3DS's abysmal sales at the time would've worked against the possibility of a 3DS version. Development didn't start until after Kid Icarus: Uprising was finished, and even then, that was still over six months before the Wii U's release.

Tl;dr: There's no way that the Wii U's sales could've affected the decision to put Super Smash Bros. on the 3DS, because the decision was made at least a year and a half before the Wii U's release.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"goalposts" you mean the amount of posts? I couldn't careless about those meaningless things you people care so much about.

That uh, wasn't what he meant at all. He was saying that nobody disagreed with the fact that smash bros Wii u would sell at least 1million units, rather its farfetched to believe it will "save the Wii u". He mentioned goalposts because you moved the argument from "saving" the Wii u, to simply selling 1 million units. You basically made your post more sympathetic to something we didn't disagree with in the first place.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
That uh, wasn't what he meant at all. He was saying that nobody disagreed with the fact that smash bros Wii u would sell at least 1million units, rather its farfetched to believe it will "save the Wii u". He mentioned goalposts because you moved the argument from "saving" the Wii u, to simply selling 1 million units. You basically made your post more sympathetic to something we didn't disagree with in the first place.

I think he was being a smartass just to avoid addressing the issue. :P

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
*Snippity Snooty, legit complaints about a shit game*

Pretty much all of this. The game is terribly executed, yet people still fap over it because "NIN10DOH PORTABLE SMUSH BRIS SO GUD
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
".

Unfortunately, Nin10doh still doesn't seem to understand the internet enough to actually fix their shitty netcode, so there's little to no chance it'll be improved any time soon. Even their local netcode is garbage, you have to be literally on top of the person you're playing with just so there isn't any bullshit lag.

As for the other moronic discussion, the Wii U version is going to sell like straight up shit. Boohoo, deal with it.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much all of this. The game is terribly executed, yet people still fap over it because "NIN10DOH PORTABLE SMUSH BRIS SO GUD
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
wLANCBo.gif
".
Orrrrrr maybe they genuinely like it? :unsure: I know I do, at least. It may be my favorite official Smash game, yet.
Unfortunately, Nin10doh still doesn't seem to understand the internet enough to actually fix their shitty netcode, so there's little to no chance it'll be improved any time soon. Even their local netcode is garbage, you have to be literally on top of the person you're playing with just so there isn't any bullshit lag.
My online multiplayer experience has been hit or miss. There's often at least some noticeable lag, but not always, and often times I run flawless matches. Just depends on how good the other person's internet is (I know mine is great). And I've had zero issues with local (though I've only done 1v1, no 4 player matches). That said, Nintendo really should've invested in dedicated servers. I mean, it's a 2D fast-paced fighter: Did they really think they wouldn't need a superb online setup? I don't think it's as bad as most people say, but there's really no excuse for it to not be at least near perfect.

PS: When did we get that fap emote? I wish I knew sooner! So many appropriate times I could've used it...

Reactions: Deleted_171835
D

Deleted_171835

Orrrrrr maybe they genuinely like it? :unsure: I know I do, at least. It may be my favorite official Smash game, yet.

Yeah...I mean, I'm not even a huge Smash fanboy but I've really been enjoying it. Has less to do with "hurr durr Nintendo" and more to do with the fact that it's a pretty solid game.

And while online has been hit or miss like you said, local play has also been perfect for me.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.