Gaming Super Smash Bros 3DS Demo-Your Thoughts on the Game

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as many of you if not all of you know Nintendo released 4 codes and gave them to certain members yesterday.
There has been a thread (Here) that has allowed these members to share some of there codes with us, I know someone was grateful enough to give me a code.:lol: His name was Huntereb a nice person (who didn't even even want my offer in return)

Now Nintendo is releasing the demo next week on the September 19 for other user to try out
http://www.polygon.com/2014/9/12/6140917/super-smash-bros-demo-hits-today-for-some-next-week-for-all
But if you are one of those users who has had the chance to play it early feel free to express your opinion about this game.

Having to play every other Smash Bros games I say this one feels no different than the others..... in a good way. What I mean is it feels just if not, is like a true portable/console game experience. I haven't experienced any slow downs since the game is expected to be 60fps but what can be eye catching is when using certain Pokemon, Assist Trophies or other things that appear on screen you can see why are running at 30fps which can confusing for me at least but who in the right minds uses items anyway!

Graphics- Amazing, just beautiful. I'm glad Nintendo didn't use those black Shaders around the characters in the demo.

Music- I have listened to some sample tracks Nintendo has had and I have to say it sounds awesome, if I had the money I would totally buy both 3DS and Wii u game for the Sound Track.

Control: I know I'm not the only one thinks it's odd how blocking and grabbing are reversed. During my time playing SSB 3DS demo I noticed I didn't block a lot because of this set up, I also noticed that the D-Pad is not available for movement so you have to use the circle pad which is not a big deal for me but if you are a big fan of the series than you know how you want them controls to be.

So what do you guys think about the demo and what do you think the Wii U version will be like?
Much excite, very fun, so intrigued.

Reactions: Huntereb

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I have to say that graphically the game looks gorgeous and the music is as you already know, brilliant but unfortunately controlling the character means you've gotta use the Analogue Stick instead of the D-PAD (and this has been confirmed to be final on the Japanese edition too which came out this week). Aside from this minor issue, the gameplay (it's smooth and fast) and thus far the game is awesome!

I'm getting both versions also for the soundtrack and that the 3DS edition allows to acquire a free game too.

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's with the CPUs? Do they still learn? Brawl's CPUs could be fierce. I'm not great at Smash Bros, but I spent hundreds of hours on Brawl and I still often lost to lvl 9s. In Smash 4 I can beat lvl 9s no problem with Megaman, a character I've never even played before.

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
My cousin messaged me his code on facebook! I creamed when I tried it and it started downloading! Can't wait! I will post my opinions on the game when it finishes downloading!

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why would you want to use the Dpad? It's pretty much impossible to differ between tilts and smashes with it.

tmactx

Trophies
XP
Country
I live in Portugal (Europe) and recive especial demo this game, photo:
HTML:
http://s13.postimg.org/3xugd4h13/20140913_173337.jpg
and
HTML:
http://s30.postimg.org/qpz9m6r69/20140913_173552.jpg

and this game works in emuLAND for gateway 2.3b

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's with the CPUs? Do they still learn? Brawl's CPUs could be fierce. I'm not great at Smash Bros, but I spent hundreds of hours on Brawl and I still often lost to lvl 9s. In Smash 4 I can beat lvl 9s no problem with Megaman, a character I've never even played before.

Well when the game comes out for all users we are most likely gonna find that the people online are the real challengers. I never had a struggle with CPUs.

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I live in Portugal (Europe) and recive especial demo this game, photo:
HTML:
http://s13.postimg.org/3xugd4h13/20140913_173337.jpg
and
HTML:
http://s30.postimg.org/qpz9m6r69/20140913_173552.jpg

and this game works in emuLAND for gateway 2.3b

Your lucky you have a gateway compatible DS. When gateway got released, I was already on 5.0 :(

sweis12

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Here is the pictures of mine. ( The wwords are there because I posted on snapchat xD)

Attachments

• Snapchat-20140913092355.jpg
    Snapchat-20140913092355.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 378
  • Snapchat-20140913094354.jpg
    Snapchat-20140913094354.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 381
  • Snapchat-20140913094533.jpg
    Snapchat-20140913094533.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 362

NotAnAlias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Woops, I was writing about the Japanese release, same will apply anyway.

First off, I never played Brawl, only project M, Melee, N64.
I don't think it's anything like melee or PM.
You cannot dash dance, you cannot edge guard and spacies seem nerfed.
There also seems to be a good amount of input lag.

So far:
The level 9 ai is a good difficulty for once. I actually lost my first game against the level 9 ai which surprised me. Of course that did not last as I got used to the game feel.

So far (very early impressions) is that I feel that Fox is weaker compared to Melee. His up-tilts are weak and will not even kill a 200% opponent. His up-smash seemed sort of weak. His recovery is improved over melee, and he can successfully bounce around the underside of the stage geometry to safely grab the ledge a lot better than older versions. He cannot down throw opponents anymore and shine spike them as they will now just bounce up if you throw them down. He still is a top tier character obviously, had no issues 2-3 stocking lvl 9 ai. (4 stocks starting)

Falco feels pretty low tier if I had to guess. The recovery times on his moves is very noticeable. He throws his reflector instead which I will have to get used to. His recovery is not as good as Fox's.

Lucario seems like a very good character. He can kill at low percents and his attacks have a lot of knockback to the opponents. He has a counter (down b) which will basically send the opponents attack back at them. From what I've played so far if you shield right after you get countered by Lucario or Greninja you can block them. But you have to react pretty quick, and audio for this definitely helps. Audio reactions are quicker than visual, so if you are wearing headphones you should have a distinct advantage.

Greninja felt very strong.

Will continue to keep playing.

alepman89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have no problem with the controlling,my problem it's like playing HD game on SD screen (booth OG and XL)
the game is gorgeous when pausing and as graphically good as Brawl but the pixelated screen of 3DS didn't help
and when 4 players on screen it's really a mess like Battle royal for Vita

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it feels like because im used to the Gamecube version that this game dont has many moves like Melee for GC

Thanks to the addition of custom movesets, SSB4 has FAR more moves than Melee.

I've only been playing the demo for about an hour, but here's one thing I noticed right off the bat: if you're a Megaman player, avoid having to deal with Link like the plague.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I like the demo, but it would be nice if there were a few more stages. It gets boring very quickly playing on the same stage, making it extremely short for a demo IMO.

The controls - they're a bit awkward. I'll probably get used to them, but I immediately noticed the circle pad didn't feel as responsive as a proper analog stick, and I feel it's going to impair my skills compared to the Wii U version when that comes out.

Graphics -They are too small on the XL screen when the characters move away from eachother. Apart from that, they look pretty good for a 3DS game, although nothing amazing. From what I've seen of the Wii U version, the graphics don't look much better there. Apart from being higher resolution they basically look like a slightly fancier version of Brawl. But I can't really judge without seeing some proper HD gameplay.

Music - I listened to a whole playlist of about 60 songs from the game on YouTube. Every single one was good, a lot of them were excellent. Better soundtrack than Brawl had by far, and that had a lot of good songs too.

However it's good to see a fully-featured Smash Bros on a handheld, I think everyone's been wanting a handheld version for a while now. Apart from the issues with controls and graphics mentioned above it plays very well. Some day I'd like to see a proper analog stick on a handheld, that'd be the ultimate portable gaming system for me :)

I see the 3DS version has Wii U connectivity, I wonder what that's for. I hope it's for more than just transferring Miis/character stats across.

So far my favorite character is Greninja. I've only barely tried out some of the newcomers, but I found Greninja much easier to play with than any of the others I have tried so far (as in I win more often :P )

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks to the addition of custom movesets, SSB4 has FAR more moves than Melee.

I've only been playing the demo for about an hour, but here's one thing I noticed right off the bat: if you're a Megaman player, avoid having to deal with Link like the plague.
Dat shield though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gay history is serious +1