I installed Smash Bros for 3DS using the original cartridge via godmode, but it won't run.

Readmit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In fact, the cartridge isn't playing either. I got to the annoying rewards that open up when you start the game, but it's just black screen. It's in an endless loop of the loading screen now. It could be because of the MicroSD. I heard that there are performance issues for bigger cards, but mine is just 64gbs.

None of the games on my 3DS are playing at all now.

I just tested Smash Bros 3D in an Old 3DS and it doesn't run. I'm guessing the cartridge is messed up.

Last edited by Readmit,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: Readmit

Readmit

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, mine seems to be in very bad condition. There are many hash mismatches and several of them had 500 retries exceeded so far.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, mine seems to be in very bad condition. There are many hash mismatches and several of them had 500 retries exceeded so far.
It says corruption fix succeeded, run verify. I ran the verify, but the verification failed.
Post automatically merged:

Thank you for recommending this, I appreciate it.
Here are my findings after trying this fixer

For my Super Smash Bros 3DS cartridge. I ran the fix. During the run, there were many hash mismatches and several of them had 500 retries exceeded, so I had to press Y to continue. At the end, it said "Corruption fix succeeded, run verify". I ran the verify, but the verification failed.

*UPDATE*
I am right now running my second cartridge fix. I am getting the same "hash mismatch" "500 retries exceeded" "press Y to skip this blo" prompt. I won't be pressing Y on this second attempt though.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-insta...godmode-but-it-wont-run.636636/#post-10209389

*UPDATE*
My second verification also failed. I will try to run the fix a third time.

*UPDATE*
Verification failed on the third attempt. I'm going to try playing the game and seeing if it works now.

*UPDATE*
The game seems to play on cartridge now. I'll see if there are any issues on cartridge later, for now I'm going to try and see if it will play after I install it on the sysnand of the 3DS through godmode.

*UPDATE*
It seems to play on the 3DS after installing it to the sysnand. I may not need to buy a new copy of this game after all.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/corrupted-cartridge-fixer-release.628539/post-10209429

Last edited by Readmit,
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto