ROM Hack Super Metroid (SNES) - Request for port to NDS

Oryulin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I have been searching around for awhile and haven't been able to find anyone with any interest in porting the good ol' fashioned 2-d Metroid (SNES - Super Metroid) to the NDS. Not sure if it is even a plausible thought, but thats why I am creating this topic. Anyone who has an idea if this is possible/information on this I'd love to know.

Haven't found an emulator to work it just right yet and still waiting on that as well, but with all of the SNES emulators still very glitchy for graphics, I figured I would just see about this route.

The only reason I would rather try to get it ported is that it would be cool to utilize the top screen for a map/stats screen for Samus, much like the NDS Castlevania (Portrait of Ruin/Dawn of Sorrow).

I also was thinking that I haven't seen many games ported from systems such as NES, SNES, Genesis, ect... Is that even a plausible though.....

Oh well good luck on answering all of these vague questions!
*crosses fingers*

smile.gif

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So you want someone to recreate Super Metroid on the DS for you? Interesting...
unsure.gif

Wish I had the programming knowledge for something like that, but I can't even make a simple "Hello World"...

Oryulin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've made the simple things work...but I have no idea on how you would go about re-creating the game with some of the nds features... I like the newer versions of the game, but you can't beat the classic 2-d versions that made you love the game from the start, which is why I am trying to get an idea (or guru to do the job for everyone) so that we can love them all over again. If anyone does get froggy and works on this idea, please share the wealth of information...
Not asking for all the answers of every key punch to work with...just a general outline of how you could go about doing it...but if they want to do it all then more power to them!

*Side Note* This is actually the first forum I joined that I actually posted on...I am too busy playing the game instead of trying to create the great features for them...but the good news is I have enough faith in this forum to actually try it first!
nds.gif
bow.gif
nds.gif

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I 'm waiting since ever for a port of Super Metroid with New Super Mario Bros.-like graphics!

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you saying that you have recreated a direct NDS port of Super Metroid? Or are you just running it on emulators for the DS?
unsure.gif

If it is the former, please PM me.
wink.gif

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just take a look at my sig.

Why Nintendo havent't ported it themselves is beyond me. So much was ported to GBA and now DS, but not my beloved Super Metroid
cry.gif

According SNemulDS: I've finished it (and Metroid Legacy) a couple of times. It's playable, but glitchy. That's why I'd like to see an official port with some DS features (map on top screen).

*Waiting for Super Metroid on european VC*
lecture.gif

Flame060

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They've already hacked the SNES rom to make a larger Super Metroid experience. So I'm sure the raw code is out there, or something. I don't have the tech to do it myself, but maybe someone with enough free time on his hands would attempt such an aweomicity.

acidrain

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone knows where could I find this Metroid Legacy (if it isn't against the rules)? Or a ips patch so I can patch the rom myself would be great!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
http://sukamax.hp.infoseek.co.jp/hackrom.html
This is the upper right one.

I started the game, but I'm stuck almost at the beginning.
If someone comes and read this, please tell me what to do after getting the 5 missiles.

I also tried the 'Metroid Redesign 2.1' hack, but the game graphics is garbaged with me
frown.gif

the hack is good on youtube for other player
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=AvRscM8-fSY&NR=1

mine :
Metroid_Redesign_headerless.jpg

the ips :
http://drewseph.zophar.net/index.html

Edit : Thanks .Takam for the good version
smile.gif

Edit 2 :
It's still not working, I'm getting the same graphics effect.
it seems to be working only on Snes9X, not on Zsnes
frown.gif

Maybe it's a graphics option (I tried 'old gaphics' it's different but not better)
I don't like Snes9x :/

the redesign one is very difficult. the additional gravity and wall jump ability missing at the beginning is hard.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Cyan: Go back to the beginning (the room before the ship). There's a small place you can roll into with the morph ball...

The one who wants Metroid Legacy IPS, PM me
wink.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you.
I missed this, I thought I needed the powerbomb for those rocks.
There's a bug with the map. I saved and got killed at the first boss then reload save, many part of the discovered map is missing.

MPLegacy is more difficult than Super Metroid.
And Redesign is even more difficult.
I'll try to play both.

Maybe Drewseph could port Super Metroid to DS, he seems to have contact with people how knows metroid programing quite well. They made a level designer, changed physics and new ability.
I don't know how difficult it might be to port a game to another system, I'm not good enough at programing language.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: