Gaming Super Mario RPG for Nintendo DS

Should Nintendo remake Super Mario RPG for the DS?

• Uh... yeah!

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have heard rumors that it's under development.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Spider-Girl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If anyone can remember the super fun times with Super Mario RPG: Legendo of the Seven Stars for Super Nintendo, then you'd have to agree that Nintendo really needs to remake this game for the ds.

supermariorpgbox.JPG

It took me months to beat this game when I was a kid.

The gameplay was one of the reasons why I'm an RPG girl today! The game is turn-based during combat just like Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger, Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, and many other RPG games.

supermariorpg.png

medium.jpg
medium.jpg
bazooka.png

You can find more information about Mario RPG HERE.

Spider-Girl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raika said:
Yeah, it was awesome!
PS. You can play it on emulators to have a feel of how it is like.
tongue.gif

I know... That's how I finally completely beat it with glorious ease. I could BARELY get past the end with the Sword until I had cheats... shhhh... don't tell anyone.

My Super Nintendo died the beginning of this year.
frown.gif

It started smoking for some odd (satanic) reason.

chrispinifer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yah, this game holds a special place in my heart; it's one of Squaresoft's finest games (now Square-Enix of course...); I kinda miss their old name. People had to cheat to beat this game?! Whatever happened to levelling up? haha.. Culex was one of the hardest bosses ever too!

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure as soon as they put it on the Virtual Console it blew away any chance it had of being remade.
That said, I'd more than welcome a proper sequel to it, none of this "spiritual successor" crap like Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario. It is one of my five favorite games of all time, and if they released a proper sequel I'd do a backflip. Of awesome.

Spider-Girl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
I'm pretty sure as soon as they put it on the Virtual Console it blew away any chance it had of being remade.
That said, I'd more than welcome a proper sequel to it, none of this "spiritual successor" crap like Mario & Luigi and Paper Mario. It is one of my five favorite games of all time, and if they released a proper sequel I'd do a backflip. Of awesome.

Yeah, I kinda figured when I saw it for VC that there was no chance for it on the DS...
frown.gif

Now, if they had a sequel to it, I would do a backflip WITH you. I wish there were more RPG's available for the DS. I have played almost every single one. They are addicting.

esoterica

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario RPG was literally the first RPG I have ever played on a console.I didn't think I'd like it, but it blew me away. I was HOOKED on that game 24/7 until I beat it and I loved every moment of it.It was the game that made me love the RPG genre and opened me up to other RPG games. It was also one of the few games I beat several times (normally when I beat a game, I hardly play it again). The future Mario RPG games were fun, but that SNES one was definitely my favorite! I was tempted to buy the VC version of it, but they dont accept American Express so I was just like screw it.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're not the first person to make a thread about this, and I'm sure you won't be the last. If it wasn't for VC then I reckon it would have been done already, you know what Nintendo & Square are like for lacking in ideas and just rehashing old games.

Does no one want new games any more?

Just my opinion people.

Spider-Girl said:
I wish there were more RPG's available for the DS. I have played almost every single one. They are addicting.
I just wish that the ones we had were better, they are seriously lacking. There are several really good RPG's on the DS but 90% seem to be pretty generic.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
No, I don't think it should be remade. It was a great game for it's time, and if you want to play it then play it on a SNES emulator.

Seriously, be happy with the damn original game. I want new games, not games I've played at least 3 times before.

Now, a spinoff involving Geno? I'd play that.

Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hell Yeah!

This, Chrono Trigger and FFVI are the best RPGs for SNES. Now guess which one hasn't been ported or remade?

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Jax said:
Hell Yeah!

This, Chrono Trigger and FFIV are the best RPGs for SNES. Now guess which one hasn't been ported or remade?

You mean it so , don't you?

Yeah a remake of SUper Mario RPG were great, but i think they will make
a sequel of Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time or something like that

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@