This is now possible thanks to the work of XDA Member VDavid003. With the effort done on rewriting the source code in the programming language C, Super Mario 64 has been ported to Android (and also as a WIP on Dreamcast). VDavid003 has created a GitHub repo that you can use to compile an APK version of the game on your PC or directly on your Android device. For it to work, you must provide your own copy of Super Mario 64. You can follow handy how-to guide from XDA developers in the source link or in the spoiler below:
- Get Termux app from Google Play Store.
- Install required dependencies inside Termux:
pkg install git wget make python getconf zip apksigner clang
- Clone appropriate repository with git:
git clone https://github.com/VDavid003/sm64-port-android cd sm64-port-android
- Copy the game's baserom with Termux. You must provide your own copy of the game.
termux-setup-storage cp /sdcard/path/to/your/baserom.z64 ./baserom.us.z64
- Get SDL includes:
- Start the build:
make --jobs 4
- If things go well, the resulting Super Mario 64 APK should be found inside the “build” folder:
ls -al build/us_pc/sm64.us.f3dex2e.apk