Summon Night X - Tears Crown

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by joelogs, Nov 6, 2009.

Nov 6, 2009

Summon Night X - Tears Crown by joelogs at 1:06 PM (9,472 Views / 0 Likes) 41 replies

1. joelogs
    OP

Newcomer joelogs Member

Philippines
    a new sequel for the summon night series and looking awesome. it would be great if someone could make a translation.

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    GAAAAHHHHH!!!

There's a goddamn translation request thread. Don't you people actually read? Jesus Christ, I'm getting sick of these "Hey, can someone translate this while I plainly ignore the sticky?" threads.

3. r.jan24

Newcomer r.jan24 Member

Philippines
    he just said "it would be great if someone could make a translation." ahaha
    he did not ask for a translation ahaha

4. azure0wind

Member azure0wind 7 years flew so fast.

Indonesia
    yeah, but just post it in Translation Request Thread

5. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    It's the same fucking thing and you know it. That's like if your wife says "It would be GREAT if, for Christmas, I got an expensive dress". She's not noting something she'd like, she's asking you to waste your hard earned cash on a dress she'll probably wear once a year.

Don't act like an idiot.

6. azure0wind

Member azure0wind 7 years flew so fast.

Indonesia
  7. damedus

Member damedus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    umm if my wife says it like that she woudnt get it. its not the same, hoping and asking are 2 diferent things. Hoping gets you nowere and asking annoys people.

8. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    So you either don't get her what she wants, or you get annoyed when she asks for it? Enjoy divorced life.

9. r.jan24

Newcomer r.jan24 Member

Philippines
    ahahaha
    whatever [​IMG]

10. Raika

Member Raika uguu

Antarctica
    Chill guys, and yeah TC there's a request thread. But I doubt that anyone would make a translation, since it takes a lot of time and commitment to translate a game.

11. azerty1

Member azerty1 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    i found the text, at least hte text with voices (it's nicely labelled too), but the annoying thing is that they organized the file so that each character's voices are by themselves. i'll probably have to sort the script chronologically with a 2-D array, which might get annoying. if i'm lucky and my brain doesn't die, i'll have an extractor done by the end of today.

12. DarthNemesis

Member DarthNemesis GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I already have DPK extractor code if you need it.

13. azerty1

Canada
    oh, really? could you PM it to me, then? I'm almost done what I'm doing, but I'm still interested in how you did it.
    Basically, I just hardcoded in all the indices of the beginnings of sections for each character, then read everything from there until EEEEEEEEEE into an array, shoved all of those arrays into another array, and now what i have to do is convert them into string and write them out chronologically.
    my idea for that is to separate each character's speech into an array of strings, with the name of the sound file at the end, and then use that sound file's number as an index in the final array and then output it all to a text file...well, i'll probably combine steps and make it more efficient than it sounds like...
    i'm not as skilled as you at reverse engineering files, so i just rip text out in a brute-forcey manner...

14. DarthNemesis

United States
    That may work for extracting, but for inserting you'll need to treat them as separate files and update the pointers in the header accordingly.

15. azerty1

Canada
    oh darn... they were pointers...i was pretty sure they were pointers, but was kind of hoping they weren't, so i tried to ignore them [​IMG] (i'm not a big fan of pointers since the dramatic dungeon encounter...). i couldn't check through corruption since it's not working on the no$gba, so the inserter will have to wait until a patch or cheat is made to get rid of the anti-piracy.
    my plan for the extractor didn't quite go as planned, since apparently you can't parse two-byte ascii integers. so, for now, the extractor can only take out the text the way it was in the rom, sorted by character. my japanese is limited to only their phonetic alphabet, so I'm not quite sure what it would be like to translate one side of a conversation first and then the other...

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UJZCH4B0

16. DarthNemesis

United States
  17. azerty1

Canada
    do you happen to know of a way to parse a two byte ascii integer? or am I going to have to do it myself...?

18. DarthNemesis

United States
    Not sure what you mean by parse. For reading in a short / unsigned short there's BitConverter.ToInt16/ToUInt16...

19. azerty1

Canada
    well, the path of the sound file, which i was intending to use to determine the chronology of the script, is all written in two byte ascii. Int32.ParseInt doesn't seem to work out.

20. DarthNemesis

United States
    I don't have time for another project, and who knows if it will get localized, so I'll just put this here if someone else wants to manage it.

Download SummonTransX v1.0 (replaced by newer version)

Everything seems to work fine for the items/menus, but the script doesn't handle single byte characters very well. Could probably adapt it to convert to dual byte characters automatically, if a serious project is started.

Oh, I see what you mean. No, you'd have to replace all the dual-byte characters with their single-byte equivalent. Something like text.Replace('?','1').Replace('?','2') etc.