ROM Hack Summon Night X ~Tears Crown~ - SL TP

  • Thread starter Thread starter Blazer
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 110,748
  • Replies Replies 171
  • Likes Likes 12

Will you play this game if it gets fully translated say, 10 months from now?

  • Yes

    Votes: 179 88.6%
  • Maybe/I'd like to if I can

    Votes: 22 10.9%
  • No/I'm a punk

    Votes: 1 0.5%

  • Total voters
    202
  • Poll closed .
457/916. I told you progress is slow during the holidays. But this means that we're entering 2014 with around 50% of the story script done. So barring accidents and a shiny new game taking all of my time, we'll be done before the game turns five.
 
as for me working on graphics etc.

don't worry once I get working I work fast not as fast as macaronron though he's amazing <3
 
Ahaha, I've been really slow recently. I've hit a bunch of files that are really long and it's taking me forever to work though them and I only post progress when significant numbers have been reached. But I think I can get them finished by... Monday? And hopefully we'll move along a bit faster after that.

Oh, and the first scene of the game will be in my next batch of files to work on so it's possible that if you make puppy faces at Blazer that he'll squish my ridiculously wordy translations into the game and see if it can do tricks within the next month. Maybe. Depends on Blazer.
 
  • Like
Reactions: neoxdonut
This is super late and stuff, since it sounds like you're almost finished, but how did you do the story text? Using SummonTransX, for some reason I can't get the story text to actually change.

I can get other stuff to change without problem (http://i.imgur.com/0tEvC4l.jpg , http://i.imgur.com/tSUuvHQ.jpg , items, other menus, save/load etc text) but the story text just refuses to change. Given how the other text changes fine, and with how SummonTrans works, I don't think I can be doing it wrong. It does say that VoicePlayDataText repacks successfully and such.

So my other question is, is the story text only in VoicePlayDatatext? I can't see any story text anywhere else, but it's just really weird how it all remains in the original Japanese despite me changing the files. Where else can it be pulling the text from. >.<

Did you guys do anything special to get story text to work? Is SummonTransX a bit buggy when it comes to importing the multiple text files into one package? The files which are just one decompiled file per compiled file seem to be ok.
 
You need to edit the field text. The voice data is just a compilation of voiced lines.

More indepth, the majority of the story text (it doesn't include the intro text) is in the map/field/ folder, arranged by location. The beginning of the game is somewhere in the 1400s.
 
Ahhh, thanks. I checked the first few field map files, but they only had like what's north/east/south/west, so I figured they were just a map info sort of thing.

That's really weird, why mirror ALL of the text again in the voice data, and splitting up text based on the field. Weird. O:
 
They didn't mirror all the text, just the voiced lines. That's why the voice data files are arranged by character.

Since the field is where events take place, it makes sense that that's where script data is stored.
 
Can you make screenshot that you finish the progress? Not everything u did. Just what u did finish from before. Like start to now in between start and now.
 
554/916. Don't talk to me.

Huh? It took me a month to do less then 100 files? Yeah, yeah, I'm a bit ashamed of myself too, but they were big files, okay. But I've finally worked my way to the beginning of the game. Sure, it's a first-pass translation so it's awkward as shit and probably won't fit in the text box, but damn it, we're getting somewhere, I think.
 
  • Like
Reactions: neoxdonut
What I meant is show the picture that you did finish the progress part. Not part where u didn't finish he part. Just...like um..beginning ff the game or title screen.
 
Well the one thing I do follow is this is not done yet, my only question is about how far along are you now? I like this game a lot and like everyone here I would like to play it in English, as I can only read very little Japanese, and to be honest continuing to learn to read more as I have been is just giving me a massive migraine. So how far along would you say you are?
 
677/916 files. That's about 74% of the story text. In American public school terms, it's a passing grade.

As far as where exactly in the story I am, I got past the intro scenes, so if Blazer is feeling generous, he can look over those files first and get 'em inserted and let you play around with it. Or I can just taunt you with the fact that we've probably gotten past where the previous patch got. For reference purposes, the scenes in Arkland, which happen quite early in the game, start in the files in the higher 1500s. And that's approximately where I am.

In completely irrelevant news, it's really sad that there's no third Mummy movie. I liked those moves.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pablitox

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted