ROM Hack Summon Night X ~Tears Crown~ - SL TP

Will you play this game if it gets fully translated say, 10 months from now?

• Yes

Votes: 179 88.6%
  • Maybe/I'd like to if I can

Votes: 22 10.9%
  • No/I'm a punk

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
The third GBA game only released in Japan, and that translation project still isn't done... I don't have much hope for this getting off the ground, but good luck to you all, DS rom hacking seems far easier than GBA rom hacking.

macaronron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On a technical front, SNX is way ahead of Hajimari no Ishi. There's a working dumper and inserter for the text that's available to the public. Images appear to be the big issue.

In comparison, TLZ is trying to build on top of Ritchburn's old code because oil_ not only refused to share his tools but also didn't want to crack open character limits unless it was absolutely necessary causing the script to be a truncated mess.

On a translation front, I think I'm working on SNX at a decent pace, but I'm alone and SNX is decently long.

In comparison, Hajimari no Ishi is done. I'd be more comfortable if it ran though at least one round of TLC and terminology check, but if I have to do the TLC, it's going to happen after I'm done translating SNX, so I'd personally appreciate it if someone else stepped up and did it, especially since I admit that my early work on that project is painfully rough.

EDIT: I really have no clue why a comparison between the two projects is being made. The games are in the same series? Like Final Fantasies are all in the same series. SNX is a standalone in a different world with a different summoning system. Hajimari no Ishi is the third in the Swordcraft subseries which is set in the same Lyndbaum as the main Summon Nights. I guess the two projects have one member in common, but if my translating is that bad, just tell me and I'll stop.

macaronron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
840/916.

In other, less entertaining news, I actually had an appointment more than a month ago that I totally missed because of some ridiculously bad cellphone management problems. Gotta make it up.

Reactions: Pablitox

Kiaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been playing this game even without full translation, but I'm at the point where I don't know what to do since the translations stop where I'm at. If this translation project completes, I wouldn't mind playing the game again from start.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The last update was last month, so yeah, I'm guessing it's still ongoing. x'D
Most translations I'm following don't get updates for months, sometimes years.

Amina-sama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally!!! I had given up on this game, Mister, you are a god! thank youuu!! we are supporting you!! :yay::yay::nds:
then, sorry for my English tee-hee

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't believe it's as near as it seems. Once the translation is completed, a whole new set of issues could will arise. Bugs, misplaced text, crashes, etc etc etc...

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Did the translation of the 3rd GBA game ever get finished and released? If not, there's no point in starting another project before one is finished.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7XDFstVaHA