Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
F*CK!!!! THIS GAME IS TOO SHORT.

I beat it in less than 9 hours.....

It was so fun too... How come it was shorter than the GBA versions? I mean, for god sake, the game size was so much bigger....

The rambling goes on...

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
for the record it took me slightly less than 17hrs to clear the main game, and that's killing everything without backtracking or using Warp Wings.
doing the EX and re-running (just the bosses, I ran through the mobs this time) to get enough Moon Tear and Merry Gem to make the final weapons took it to 21hrs+

It could have been faster if I were less stingy with the scroll upgrades; since they were kinda rare I thought of saving them for the final weapon, but ended up not using a single one

Adventures_of_Lo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
concealed identity said:
Can anybody who's played this a lot tell me if the gameplay to story ratio gets better as the game goes on? I'm on Chapter 6, three hours into the game, and as much as I love the gameplay, so far the pattern seems to be:

-Sit through this terrible story for a few minutes
-Sit through it some more
-Go to the shop, level up, deal with the horrible sub-menu system from hell
-Play for 5-10 minutes
-Rinse and repeat

I love the gameplay because it reminds me of Diablo, but the difference is that Diablo was all about gameplay...this game is really fun, but so far after 3 hours, I feel like I've barely played it.

Have to agree with you here. I loved the swordcraft story games, but this one's not for me. You're also so horribly overpowered in the game, that it steals any fun you could have with the actual gameplay. It's practically impossible to get even near to losing in this game, and boss-battles take you around 2 seconds. I guess the developers just couldn't bother making a "game over" screen, so they decided to make it impossible to lose instead.

I also miss the traditional rpg aspect, where you can talk to characters when you want to, and then go to the dungeon when you feel like it. This is just cutscene, dungeon, cutscene, dungeon. And I don't really enjoy either of them in this game.

I admit the battle system is well made, but with out any challenge or threat of losing I can't have any fun with it.

I can see why many like it, but as I said, it's just not for me.

MyauChanDesu

Kamineko is GOD.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ojsinnerz said:
F*CK!!!! THIS GAME IS TOO SHORT.

I beat it in less than 9 hours.....

It was so fun too... How come it was shorter than the GBA versions? I mean, for god sake, the game size was so much bigger....

The rambling goes on...

it took me less than that~

without cheats~ *sigh*

i wonder how long if we use cheats~ ^.^

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Adventures_of_Lolo said:
concealed identity said:
Can anybody who's played this a lot tell me if the gameplay to story ratio gets better as the game goes on? I'm on Chapter 6, three hours into the game, and as much as I love the gameplay, so far the pattern seems to be:

-Sit through this terrible story for a few minutes
-Sit through it some more
-Go to the shop, level up, deal with the horrible sub-menu system from hell
-Play for 5-10 minutes
-Rinse and repeat

I love the gameplay because it reminds me of Diablo, but the difference is that Diablo was all about gameplay...this game is really fun, but so far after 3 hours, I feel like I've barely played it.

Have to agree with you here. I loved the swordcraft story games, but this one's not for me. You're also so horribly overpowered in the game, that it steals any fun you could have with the actual gameplay. It's practically impossible to get even near to losing in this game, and boss-battles take you around 2 seconds. I guess the developers just couldn't bother making a "game over" screen, so they decided to make it impossible to lose instead.

I also miss the traditional rpg aspect, where you can talk to characters when you want to, and then go to the dungeon when you feel like it. This is just cutscene, dungeon, cutscene, dungeon. And I don't really enjoy either of them in this game.

I admit the battle system is well made, but with out any challenge or threat of losing I can't have any fun with it.

I can see why many like it, but as I said, it's just not for me.

How far into the game are you? I noticed the same thing, but now I'm on Chapter 9, and the last boss I played was actually somewhat challenging. The creatures are still really easy, though.

I just don't know how I feel about this game. The actual gameplay is really fun, but I feel like half the time I've put into the game has been cutscenes/dialogue...I don't want to admit it's a great gameplay mechanic totally wasted just yet, but I've got a bad feeling...

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
abaddon41_80 said:
I don't like the gameplay, it gets repetitive too quickly
I agree to that.. I mean, I kinda like it, but it IS very repetitive, which made me no longer like it after a while...

But... unlike everyone else I really do like the cutscenes, I am looking forward to the story parts whenever I'm slashing my way through the dungeons, especially the night events. Reiha and Nassau make such a cute couple... :>

I also think the game is so short so there is more motivation to play it again and again to see the other character events too, at least it motivates me to do so.. *coughs*

I wish you could view the already seen cutscenes, at least the night events, again in some sort of event gallery...

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wow this game is extremely easy, even when bosses gave you some difficulty all you had to be was a little cautious >_> imma try the jap version now.

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
miruki said:
abaddon41_80 said:
I don't like the gameplay, it gets repetitive too quickly
I agree to that.. I mean, I kinda like it, but it IS very repetitive, which made me no longer like it after a while...

But... unlike everyone else I really do like the cutscenes, I am looking forward to the story parts whenever I'm slashing my way through the dungeons, especially the night events. Reiha and Nassau make such a cute couple... :>

I also think the game is so short so there is more motivation to play it again and again to see the other character events too, at least it motivates me to do so.. *coughs*

I wish you could view the already seen cutscenes, at least the night events, again in some sort of event gallery...

Wow, so this totally destroys my "there isn't ONE person who would find the story and cutscenes even remotely enjoyable" argument. I guess there's one.
laugh.gif

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah this game is a let down. The gameplay wasn't ... so bad. Well. It had potential at least. The story is so dead and dry, I fell asleep while playing. It's bad that a game I had zero hype for in the first place still doesn't live up to the hype.

haures

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a problem!
It says "can't load data, files are corrupted" with my supercardOne, last firmware. what can I do?
frown.gif

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
For those who found this game to be to easy, I have codes in the massive cheat database that will remove the US bonuses that weren't in the Japanese version.

Dhaos_Niko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a question: How many chapters there are in SN? I've just finished chapter 12, and i'm at 9 hours of gameplay. I hope the game isn't to much short.

Rehehelly

Trophies
XP
Country
Dhaos_Niko said:
I have a question: How many chapters there are in SN? I've just finished chapter 12, and i'm at 9 hours of gameplay. I hope the game isn't to much short.

edit; DAMMIT GOT BEATEN
frown.gif

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
concealed identity said:
Wow, so this totally destroys my "there isn't ONE person who would find the story and cutscenes even remotely enjoyable" argument. I guess there's one.
laugh.gif
:>

I think it's more that I like the characters so much, as with every Summon Night title I've played, and mainly because it's the first Summon Night title (I've played) where the Heroine is so much cooler than the Hero, at least art-wise, usually the girls looked kinda dumb and the boys waaaay cooler (oh well, SM4 is an exception there).... ohh and the Nassau cutscenes are just so cute that it makes me like the story even more. I... I know the story is not that grand, but oh well, deciding how the Heroine reacts and slighty changing her character therefore makes me like it enough to look forward to every cutscene... also, I do love strong heroines, and luckily Reiha is one.. :3 I still do understand how ppl can not like it, I think you must be quite fond of the characters and have an affinity for the whole dating sim element that's in there, then it gets pretty much exciting. Or something like that. :>

edit: oh but I have to say, I didn't finish the game yet, so maybe the Nassau ending will disappoint me and I'll start hating the game. Then your argument will be valid again. (Though.. I've read about some other girls who also liked it enough to play it again for the other endings, so... I guess, I destroyed it for real. Sorry. ;_;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny