ROM Hack Summon Night Swordcraft Story: Beginnings Stone

Pablitox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Guys, i'm sorry, but i'm dropping off from this project for the time being. Too many personal reasons to do that, I am deeply sorry that nothing good came from it, but i have reached a point in which I'll have to focus on another things in life (studies, etc) and this is not really helping much.
@GHANMI hope you don't mind translating the remaining graphics and such and @EarthDarkness i hope you can publish the patch of the prologue soon (inserter would be nice too). to the proofreaders, thanks for the amazing job, and it's your choice guys to keep this going or drop it, but i won't be up for now (not that I was of much help anyway), I'll try to come back but it'll take it's time. Hope i didn't hurt a lot of hearts :P If anyone want to take it from where I left please send me a pm, I'll gladly send the files.

Thanks to the people that cheered for us!

See ya later!!

Last edited by Pablitox,

Revolsin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, i'm sorry, but i'm dropping off from this project for the time being. Too many personal reasons to do that, I am deeply sorry that nothing good came from it, but i have reached a point in which I'll have to focus on another things in life (studies, etc) and this is not really helping much.
@GHANMI hope you don't mind translating the remaining graphics and such and @EarthDarkness i hope you can publish the patch of the prologue soon (inserter would be nice too). to the proofreaders, thanks for the amazing job, and it's your choice guys to keep this going or drop it, but i won't be up for now (not that I was of much help anyway), I'll try to come back but it'll take it's time. Hope i didn't hurt a lot of hearts :P If anyone want to take it from where I left please send me a pm, I'll gladly send the files.

See ya later!!

Oh no, that's terrible news. But I'm too far in to stop now though.

I'll keep going till the end of the project, so don't worry about it man. You do what you need to.

Reactions: Pablitox

AnnieTheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
See ya later!!
Pablitooooooox! Nooooooooooo, I always admired you :cry:

Oh no, that's terrible news. But I'm too far in to stop now though.
I'll keep going till the end of the project, so don't worry about it man. You do what you need to.
That will keep me relievet though :lol:
Please, keep up the good work everyone, okay? ^_^

megarock1018

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
NOOOOOOO, Well if you have to, then there's nothing we can do, but im still rooting for the other translators/editors working on this project! SO CLOSE TO THE FINISH LINE, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

kirito1215

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope you can still comeback.
I'll be rarely viewing this thread also about next week because classes areabout to start.

Good luck to all of you.

Scroptels GL

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Oh my, I was just passing by and saw this.

I hope you do well on your studies and other stuff Pablitox. I always wished I could help you on this project and i tried to look for ways to do so (learning romhacking, graphic editing, translating, etc) but I've ended up leaving it for others to do it instead, saddly. I wanna say though, that the way I feel is that this translation project is gonna take as long as it's gotta take to get done, maybe five, ten or fifteen years, it doesn't matter, but getting frustrated for not getting results isn't gonna speed up the process, It just requires paitience from all of us.

Anyway, thanks again for your work Pablitox, see you around.

AnnieTheGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
People this project is still going. Pablitox leaving doesn't mean we'll stop working on this translation. I myself am quite busy right now but don't worry this project is not going to die. Or at the very least I'm not planning to abandon it.
BTW, it would be very nice of you if you let me take a look on the inserter sources. Not that I can help but I'm pretty curious about where and how inserting takes place.

EarthDarkness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the code I'm using is quite a mess, it's nothing I'm proud of, so the chance of me releasing the source is slim (at least not as it is).

But if what you what to know is how the insertion works, here is a brief exaplanation:

The game uses compresses scripts that also contain the text.
When I got involved there was already tools to decompress and compress so this wasn't a problem.
The bulk of my job was to make sense out of the script.
The script is similar to assembly code so I had to find out what where to opcodes and how much data the use. (Some use different amount of data)
Some opcodes have jumps.
These are the main strugle in this Project (and yet to be fully done).
If we want to put more text that there is in the rom we need to be able to properly change where they point to after inserting new text.
Then comes the next challenge each script takes X bytes in the rom and they are sequential.
If after I compress the script it's bigger than the original we have problem.
The way I worked around that is to find the table that has all the scripts and their sizes and recreate the whole thing using the new scripts so that there wouldn't be any missing/ovelaping data.
That done we kinda have the main problem solved.
The remaining job is to implement a system that does that autotically. (also making it bug-free)
And in that stage we found out that we need a new format for script insertion.
The old format didn't had much information and the dialogues weren't in sequential oreder.
So a foramt was developed to fulfill those needs.

The exporter is not trully ready. From my tests the exporter works very well on main story scripts, but there were soem issues with map scripts.
There are still some jump opcodes to be found. (And this is what can cause freezes and glitches)
The inserter is my next step currently but I'll need some time to implemente that.

Once that is done I'll make a wrapper and we'll have a beta release. yay \o/

There is also grapics yet to be translated. (But I don't know much about that)

Reactions: Pablitox

TheEdgeFencer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, starting from... SNSS is basically a spin-off of the SN series, ya know dat, right? So while SNSS is side-view game, SN5 is tactical RPG along w another SN's.
For another type jf ATBS's in game series I highly recommend to play Twin Age for Nintendo DS, I played it twice aqnd storyline is very good too.

Emulator is better than physical PSP(Yep, dat right!). Why, do you ask? Because you can set the reprocessing by funny filters! And make saves easier, o'course!

Yup, Arno is eeextremely cute windy-schmindy kid, and I love him too but HONESTLY NOOO =)
Try Rufeel and YEAH-YEaH-YEAH-IM-HYPED KILLFITH! That tsundere demon is awesome.... Even better than Arno, yup!

We're waiting patiently, dude, and cheerin' from all over the world, so do yer best!

>Even better than Arno

*T R I G G E R E D*

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

See ya later!!

Good luck with everything that comes your way, and thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1