lachinay

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
FakeHero said:
uh, sorry if im new but
whats undubbing?

you know a dub? Usually you get a foreign (let's say non-American for simplicity) movie/game/whatever and superimpose English voices to make it understandable to, well, Americans. Undubbing is exactly what the name implies: you get the US version of a japanese game and put back the (original) japanese voices.

Very rarely it's possible/easier/preferable to get a Japanese game and inject english text in it - that's the case with this one.

ciao
S

PS don't flame me for oversimplifying; I'm not even American... but the vast majority of undubs (think PS2) are NTSC/US versions with JPN audio

FakeHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lachinay said:
FakeHero said:
uh, sorry if im new but
whats undubbing?

you know a dub? Usually you get a foreign (let's say non-American for simplicity) movie/game/whatever and superimpose English voices to make it understandable to, well, Americans. Undubbing is exactly what the name implies: you get the US version of a japanese game and put back the (original) japanese voices.

Very rarely it's possible/easier/preferable to get a Japanese game and inject english text in it - that's the case with this one.

ciao
S

PS don't flame me for oversimplifying; I'm not even American... but the vast majority of undubs (think PS2) are NTSC/US versions with JPN audio

AH..
thanks alot, that makes much more sense lol

exzeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
aririn said:
exzeed said:
change the id on Usrcheat/cheat.dat(or whatever your cheat file is) using r4cce.
change to the id of the rom.

it should work.i tried it myself.

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you're saying. Change which ID to which rom? I have both the JP and EU codes loaded but neither of them work.

Um i mean to say after the rom has been modified and repacked it seem to generate its own game id.
Use the game id for the japan codes.

9ibhwk.jpg

so i have already provide you with the game id to be used on japan cheat codes.
if it still doesn't detect then just simply click button where i have marked with red arrow.then it'll prompt you to load the .nds that you want to use with the codes.(i mean it will show you game id of the .nds to be used with codes.use japan codes in this case)

what i mean to say was,just changing the game id for the japan codes work.you dont use the EU codes coz that's for EU based undub.

IchigoK2031

Wannabe Shirow Miwa...
Trophies
Website
yuukouken.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
this might be the wrong place to put this, but the best b/c all the people here play suikoden, so the other day, I accidentily saved over my original save, and saved in cynas, then I stupidly started over and oversaved the cynas file, does any1 have a save file I could use which is right before the cynas takeover or at least half-way through the game?

-thanks tempers

PeachLove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I would like to say thank you very much to everyone who has made this possible. Now I can play Jap version with Eng text.
Everyday I learn something new from this website
gbasp.gif

Amici

ex trey, city skull, am I are?
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So does anyone know if doing the 'translate the (J) version' steps work with the US version? Or if undubbing works better with the US version? Thanks
biggrin.gif

ZonMachi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since they already did a synced undub with the European release I think it would be easier now to undub the US version if you care

greator

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Any release is fine but I prefer Japanese Release with English text. It have battle voice that EU and US release didn't include to save space for other language text.

The gameplay is just the same. So english translation patch in recommended.

Amici

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Well, I'm playing now with the translated (J) rom using (U) files. Hopefully this works well
smile.gif
BTW, anyone find a way to edit the untranslated title screen choices for New Game and Options?

Knight111

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi, i have a problem !
I noticed Suikoden Tierkreis (E) freeze on many game during * spoil the libération of astrasie, just after the one to one battle when they speaks (voice and text) spoil *.
If i change the version (U) or (J), my save is lost. So, i think i can change : sound_data or arm7, or ??. I don't know really what i must change to make it works without loosing my save. Do you know how to fix this ? :'( (If it's not possible to fix, someone have a save just before this point ?)
I'm desperate
frown.gif

BrokenCD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there really no way to convert the EU save to work on the JP trans/undub rom? I was five hours in.

Anyway, thanks for the hard work guys.

Celmerine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been running into a small snag while "translating" a (J) ROM with (E) text files; absolutely everything works fine, except for when I walk into the Magedom inn the game freezes with the black screen =(. Thus far, I've just been loading the base (J) ROM to bypass those parts but it's getting rather annoying now when the actual storyline requires me to be at the Inn.

I've been using dslazy/dsbuff for unpacking and packing the ROMs, and I've noticed that while packing the ROMs it's been taking off around 20MB compared to the original (even when nothing is changed). I figured it was just trimming blank spaces but I couldn't figure out why a repacked ROM would freeze at the inn while the original doesn't o.0.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated =)

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Celmerine said:
I've been running into a small snag while "translating" a (J) ROM with (E) text files; absolutely everything works fine, except for when I walk into the Magedom inn the game freezes with the black screen =(. Thus far, I've just been loading the base (J) ROM to bypass those parts but it's getting rather annoying now when the actual storyline requires me to be at the Inn.

I've been using dslazy/dsbuff for unpacking and packing the ROMs, and I've noticed that while packing the ROMs it's been taking off around 20MB compared to the original (even when nothing is changed). I figured it was just trimming blank spaces but I couldn't figure out why a repacked ROM would freeze at the inn while the original doesn't o.0.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated =)

weird.. what card are you using? and which patches? I can confirm that following ashen's method it works fine with a cyclods.. all i can think is that you made some mistake in translation. Try the method from the start (translating the rom, not playing the game) and see what happens..

mezule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to get rid of voices completely.
I used the jap to eng translation method and it works great. The eng voices were so awful.
But, preferably, I'd rather have no voices. Is there any way this is possible?

If this is a frequent question I sincerely apologize.
Thank you for any and no help.

lachinay

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Have you tried repacking the ROM, omitting the sound file(s) completely? Of course I'm referring to voices only, not each one of them...

it may fail silently when trying to load the sound clips, so it would externally work. Depends on the programming... worth a try if you positively cannot stand the voices (weird though!)

Amici

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I just realized, since I'm playing the (J) ROM translated with (U) ROM, can anyone confirm that the method GreenBanana posted for the autotranslation works 'til the end of the game (if the (U) don't work, I'll use the (E) one, no biggie since I'm using the (J) ROM as the base)? I'm still early into the game, and I don't want to be stuck with a (J) save file which won't work with the regular (E) or (U) games. Don't wanna finish the game with a story I couldn't understand, especially with a game like this. Thanks!

mezule

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, after having deleted voices, it froze right after new game.
Would creating blank files with the same name alleviate this?

I never really got into the voice acting trend, since I've never seen any evidence of acting.
I suppose that could be weird.
Either way, thank you all very much. I was not about to miss a Suikoden game, and now it is
SO much more enjoyable.

PyroJing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why doesn't this work for Acekard 2? Is there any files that are preventing it from working, has anyone gotten it to work. All I want is the Japanese game, which I have, with the US subtitles. All the menus and stuff can stay in Japanese, I prefer it, I just want to be able to follow the story >

PyroJing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I got it to work on the Acekard 2i
yaynds.gif

SOOOOO AWESOME THANKS.

I had downloaded a pre-patched EUR version, and it froze on the language opt. I then myself followed the instructions and patched the JAP version with the US text files and the extra files from this thread, and it is actually smaller now and works perfectly. The movies are a perfect sub, I can read the story, and I can even still input my name in Japanese ^^

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill