Hacking Successfully dumped WiiU EMMC nand with hardmod.

baraka73

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi Leeful!

I have completed your method. My dump file size is 31 784 435 bytes.
I have tried execute NandBinCheck.exe commnad, but i have got this error:
nandBinCheck.exe nand.bin -all
** nandBinCheck : Wii nand info tool **
from giantpune
built: Mar 24 2017 23:49:06
Failed to determine dump type
"Error setting path to nand object"

What is wrong? What can i do it?

My Wiiu Firmware is Version 5.5.3 and it has bricked :( by CBHC.
Error Code : 160-0103

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards
Baraka73

pelmen

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I also have completed this method.
I have c:\wiiu.brick.img 31 268 536 320 bytes
Made Win32DiskImager.

I have tried execute:
sdio_nand_manager
and open c:\wiiu.brick.img

but i have got this error:
"NAND dump signature is not matchinge commnad"

NAND Extractor also does not open

Somebody help!
I have also Wiiu Firmware is Version 5.5.3 and it has bricked by CBHC.

Possible reason 5.5.3 ?

upload_2019-5-25_20-3-25.png

upload_2019-5-25_20-13-36.png

Last edited by pelmen,

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@pelmen , @baraka73 I'm sorry but I haven't messed around with the WiiU for years so I'm not familiar with it anymore.
I only came up with the hardware side of the process. EyeKey did the software part of it, maybe he can offer you some help.

Hope you get it sorted out.:)

baraka73

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi Leeful,

Thanks for your response. How can i write to EyeKey? Which discussion?
As I know, I can't be sent a private message anyone.

Reactions: Leeful

Leeful

GBAtemp Member
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: baraka73

Erikone360

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have a brick with error code 160-0101, I reset my console without knowing that it produced the brick, I have been reading this tutorial, but I have a question, is it possible or not to read my nand to be able to reestablish my wii u? or should I have extracted the nand when the wii u worked?

xzotick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi I have a wii u that was running on 5.5.2 with HAXCHI installed was running great. I went in the SYS folder to delete the update folder. but I accidentally deleted files out of the SYS folder. now I get an error on boot. (I actually saved the log from my FTP program) I have my old rednand backup, would this contain the files I would need to restore in the SYS if I were to use the teensy method? thanks

hohnex

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi folks, I REALLY REALLY NEED HELP

I recently bricked my wii u and found this tutorial to extract and rewrite the NAND, but I don't know if that would solve it in my case. Since I will dismount to do the procedures, I would like to have a working NAND backup ready for me to try to burn and recover. I KNOW THIS IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS, BUT I'M OUT OF OUT, I WANT TO TRY. would anyone have to make the full downloadable IMG available for me to record on my wii u? my model is: WUP-101 (14) 32GB the problem i'm having is that it gets frozen on the screen saying that an error has occurred with code 161-0101 PLEASE I ASK YOU TO HELP ME !! I BEG. THANK YOU ALL!

Pepeu557

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a huge doubt..
Can we replace the eMMC Nand chip?
Like, take a WiiU motherboard that's not working properly and put It's Nand in another Wii U
I bought a Wii U with the 160-0103 error to use it's parts, but if my theory is possible, I could simply change this chip to the working one..
What do you guys think?
The other WiiU is not turning on, it flashes when I press the power button and nothing happen (no, it's not RLOD, It doesn't keep flashing), I guess the RAM is the responsible for not turning on, because it's not going any voltage on it, that's why i bought a bricked one
But like i said, If we can change the Nand Chip, That'd make things easier..
What do you guys think?

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It will be bricked if you replace the nand chip unless you restore a working backup for the bricked console but the nand chip on it is probably not broken

Pepeu557

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It will be bricked if you replace the nand chip unless you restore a working backup for the bricked console but the nand chip on it is probably not broken

Well, I don't have any backup of the nand, Like I said, I bought it with the 160-0103 error.. Can I get from another Wii U and restore?

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, I don't have any backup of the nand, Like I said, I bought it with the 160-0103 error.. Can I get from another Wii U and restore?
You can't use a backup from another wii u because it's encrypted for that wii u
I think the CPU or some other chip is married to the encryption and stuff but it could be the CPU that's faulty on your other wii u and it's very hard to replace chips

Reactions: Pepeu557

Pepeu557

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, I'll try replacing the RAM chips to see if I get something

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You can't use a backup from another wii u because it's encrypted for that wii u
I think the CPU or some other chip is married to the encryption and stuff but it could be the CPU that's faulty on your other wii u and it's very hard to replace chips

You think this Wii U has any chances to come back to life?

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you replace the nand chip and CPU and I don't know if there's any other married stuff with a nand chip or just write a backup of it and CPU that are married it will probably work but I'm not sure you should ask someone else about this before doing it

Pepeu557

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you replace the nand chip and CPU and I don't know if there's any other married stuff with a nand chip or just write a backup of it and CPU that are married it will probably work but I'm not sure you should ask someone else about this before doing it

I won't replace the nand chip, but if the CPU it's not working, I could change it if there's a way to do so

IC_

GBAtemp's ???
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm talking about the Wii U with the error right now and about the Wii U that doesn't turn on I don't know you could try replacing the ram if you think that's faulty
The CPU is working but the software is bricked and that CPU is married to the bricked software
If you replace only the CPU with the CPU from the Wii U that doesn't turn on you'll have to hardmod the Wii U you took the CPU from and the Wii U with the error and copy the data from the Wii U that doesn't turn on the the Wii U with the error because the CPU is married to the data and encryption on that nand chip but again I'm not sure about this and you should ask someone who knows more about this before doing it and we're not sure if the CPU and nand chip are working on the Wii U that doesn't turn on

Reactions: Pepeu557

SundayWarrior

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
If no have unick cosole keys = no ways to unbrick. Godmode9 - arm hack, its not same. And if console bricked - no reason dumping emmc (if emmc chip not read only condition ofc), only nand operation can help.

Last edited by SundayWarrior,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: