Hacking Stuck on Hfw 4.84 don't know what to do

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi there,

I was running cfw on 4.82 jailbroken ps3 slim.But after I acidentally updated my ps3 to 4.83 everything was stuck and unable to use any homebrew software. After a wile I followed a guide to bring my ps3 slim to HFW 4.84 but on once I trried to update rebugtool, everytime a message appeared saying "file damaged". I tried different version on rebug but nothing, ever the same message.

So I tried some stuff but looks like I am not able to update or install any hacking stuff. What I would like to do is like to reset everything and custom firmware my ps3 again. can anybody tell me what should I do step by step? I don't know, liike downgrade the firmware or other stuff?

Thanks

Edit: I tried to downgrade the ps3 to 4.82 via usb update, the same message appear again "files damaged", it seems I can't do any kind of update via usb

Last edited by Tackskull,

VyperS_702

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you already have HFW 4.84 you can just go to ps3xploit and run the exploit. Afterward it will take rebug 4.84.2 with no problems. There’s no reason to downgrade anymore.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you already have HFW 4.84 you can just go to ps3xploit and run the exploit. Afterward it will take rebug 4.84.2 with no problems. There’s no reason to downgrade anymore.

It's been a while since I installed rebug on a fresh system, but I always had issues. I had to install another cfw of the same version first, then rebug would install fine. I saw a fix recently for a similar sounding issue in one of the recent versions that only affected some regions, but I haven't gone back and tried it.

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France

I am pretty shure I did the exploit via internet browser on the ps3, but once I try to install rebug it say everytime "file damaged".

If I try to do the exploit again is ok? Or will I encounter some bricks?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: btw my updated location I listed isn't exactly where I wanted it to be, but it's very close to...