Gaming Streetpass success stories!

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to Anime Boston over the weekend and I ended up getting 60+ Streetpass hits over the three day weekend. Probably would have gotten more if I had known that you were limited to 10 hits before you had to let people into your plaza.
frown.gif

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Updated again:

I'm at 5 hits now, I think.

1) At The Strokes concert in NYC - Grbs.
2) Visiting the college I'm attending next year - Laurel.
3) At the mall on the way home from the college - Ghettobond.
4) At work the day before Easter. It was MOBBED. The person was from the otherside of the country. Probably visiting for the holidays.
5) Visiting the college again to get something filled out - Laurel again!

I think I found the girl on Facebook, I'm not sure if I should add her though...

JoyConG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gumbyx84 said:
I went to Anime Boston over the weekend and I ended up getting 60+ Streetpass hits over the three day weekend. Probably would have gotten more if I had known that you were limited to 10 hits before you had to let people into your plaza.
frown.gif
Oh, my lady went to that convention
smile.gif

..She doesn't have a 3DS yet, though.

60 unique people I take it? That's really nice to hear

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendude92 said:
gumbyx84 said:
frown.gif
Oh, my lady went to that convention
smile.gif

..She doesn't have a 3DS yet, though.

60 unique people I take it? That's really nice to hear
Ya 60 unique hits. My friend probably has more but I haven't been able to ask him how many he got (meeting up with him this weekend).

TheNikkoMan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Here's my story:
It's 17th of May, and I'm in Oslo. Near the king's castle there was a lot of people. I brought my 3DS with me, put it in Standby, just hoping for some Streetpass hits. So me and my friends walk around, we stay there for a couple of hours. How did it go you ask? How many hits did I get? Nill. None.

So today I went back to Oslo with some friends again. Brought the 3DS with me this time too, hoping for the same thing I hoped for four days ago. We did the same we did the 17th, wander around, eat at a resturant and just looked in shops. One of them was GameStop, which actually had two 3DS' at a demo booth. However, they just had a demo of Pilotwings, so we moved on. We went to the busstation, and took a seat on our way home.
While on the bus, I opened up my 3DS to see my glorious amount Streetpass hits. The notificationlight was lit, and I opened it up.
Guess what.
One hit.
Guess what else?
It was the demo booth we had been to.

So here I am, with just one single Streetpass hit ever. Let this be a lesson to all you non-norwegians, that you are lucky to have fellow countrymen who actually have a 3DS
tongue.gif

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm at seven people now:

1) Grbs - The Strokes concert.
2) Laurel x2 - Visiting a college I'm going to next year.
3) GhettoBond - At the mall.
4) Dude - At work. Easter weekend.
5) Andrew - I think at a different mall.
6) Todd x8 - Friend from school.
7) Grant x4 - Friend from school.

I was going to bring my 3DS to Six Flags yesterday, but decided not to... Potentially missed some hits.

Oceanborn712

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Had the damn thing since launch. Been carrying it around everywhere, including game stores and food stores near schools while they had breaks and there was kids/teenagers swarming around. Still have 1 single hit which is my friend who also bought the thing at release.

-_-

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
went through the whole city and only one person.
THE WHOLE CITY.
Well after all, half of the people I know have a PSP/3 andonly I am a nintendo fan.
wtf.gif

Icealote

My Winter...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
FINALLY I was able to remember to turn on my spotpass this time around walking around central - wynyard in Sydney. I got five people which shocked me after I had failed attempts to walk around my hometown. Can't wait to try again when I go to the city again
tongue.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've been getting regular hits at university, maybe one or two guys a day, sometimes repeat encounters.

I finally got all 105 puzzle pieces, so now I'm focusing on Street Pass Quest.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
I've been getting regular hits at university, maybe one or two guys a day, sometimes repeat encounters.

I finally got all 105 puzzle pieces, so now I'm focusing on Street Pass Quest.

Finished my puzzle a few days ago! Also finished street pass quest twice over! Try to get repeat hits so that your hero's level up, you'll have it done in no time
smile.gif

hakujintanuki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dropper said:
I have over 50 unique hits now!

Did anyone else notice the background music in the Plaza changed when you get 5 or 10+ people in your Plaza? You can hear nice up-beat drums in the background!

I wonder if the music changes again if you get more hits....

Yes it does.
I have about 200 people in my Plaza, and the music changes at least twice.

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
got mine on may 1st, and nothing so far
frown.gif
been walking around (and changing the date, more coins) all around town and still NOTHING
frown.gif

Roman_42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Central Station Naples, Airport Rome, Airport Munich in one day and not a single hit. Back home in Munich I went into a Gamestop to buy some 3DS games and got my first Streetpass Hit, but I believe it was just the shopkeeper (he had 39 Streetpass Hits) which kind of sucks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...