Streetpass is broken?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Raito Kurokage, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Raito Kurokage
    OP

Raito Kurokage Member

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2016
    United States
    So over the last few weeks my N3DS has refused to Streetpass whatsoever, despite having other 3ds's nearby. My roommate has one, as well as other people I pass on my school campus. However, I can't seem to send or receive streetpasses for any games. I'm running luma3ds+a9lh.

Some things I've tried:
    Disabling and reactivating all my games through Settings
    Disabling and reactivating all my games through the cecboxtool app
    Clearing the Mac filter through the cecboxtool app

Ive searched the forums, but can't seem to find anyone having a similar issue. I'm not really sure how to go about fixing it. The only thing I can think of is a restore, but I don't know how to do that/ what it would entail with regards to my user data and saves. Any help would be incredibly appreciated.

2. Starry Windy

Starry Windy Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2014
    Indonesia
    Migrating to Alola Region
    Actually, I was reporting the same issue not quite long ago (at least by a week or so in Luma3DS official thread), even though in my case, it's between my old 3DS (formerly with Emunand as it was reported that time, now a9lh) and my new one when attempted to Streetpass via Mii Plaza. Is there anything to fix this?

Last edited by Starry Windy, Sep 6, 2016
  3. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    i dont know if i was on a github branch (non stable release) of 6.0 or 6.1.1 but two weeks ago my 3DS streetpassed just fine at a McDonalds Relay. (o3DS , A9LH LUMA)

once im done building a spare PC Rig, i could reflash my MicroSD for my RaspberyPi2 w/ SpillPassPi and see if its working (atm i'm using about a build of luma thats 5 days outat date. )

Last edited by Dracari, Sep 6, 2016