Strange Wii issues

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Tonitonichopchop, Sep 10, 2012.

Sep 10, 2012

Strange Wii issues by Tonitonichopchop at 6:46 AM (657 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Tonitonichopchop
    OP

Member Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    This kind of relates to my previous thread about my Wii, but my problems have become different enough that I think it warrants a new thread.

To put it shortly, my Wii randomly stopped working a while ago when I wasn't doing anything with the system files. I figured this was probably related to the Bluetooth module going bad (Which isn't very surprising since I've had my Wii for years). I took my Wii apart to make sure I knew how to take my Wii apart before I bought a new module, but now that I closed it up again things have become even stranger.

Now, I can only go to Bootmii from starting my Wii up. I can't access the Homebrew Channel and my Wii will not boot at all to the main menu. And even more strangely, my previously not working DVD drive seems to actually work from the sounds it's making (I can't check to see it actually works however). So my question is, what can I do to fix this ONLY having access to Bootmii? I've made a NAND backup which is pretty much the best I can do for now.

2. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

If you go to the information screen in bootmii (the cogs icon then the (i) icon) what does it say for the SysMenu and NAND FS Usage?

3. Tonitonichopchop
    OP

United States
    SysMenu: 4.1U boot1b boot2v2
    NAND FS usage: 70.3

4. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

Nothing obviously wrong there, you could run your NAND backup through nandbincheck but from the symptoms I think you'll have to create a new NAND regardless.

5. Tonitonichopchop
    OP

United States
    How would I go about doing that?

Edit: Nvm. I formatted my NAND using ohneswanzenegger so we'll see how that goes. I'll post again if I have any other issues.

6. Tonitonichopchop
    OP

United States
    Here's a recent NandBinCheck I did after installing a formatted NAND.

Warning: Huge wall of text.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

So anyone please feel free to direct me from here. I still have all of the problems mentioned previously.